Spyder Garage

Default Replace original handlebars with Attitude bars. 2016 F3 Special

I would like to replace the handlebars on my new 2016 F3 Special Limited. It looks like it is pretty basic but with the heated grips and other accessories I a not sure of the complexity. Is there a video or document that shows how to do this. I am somewhat mechanical. Or is this something you recommend I go to dealer and have them do?

Thanks
    Badco

2016 Spyder F3 Limited Special Series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Badco149 View Post
    I would like to replace the handlebars on my new 2016 F3 Special Limited. It looks like it is pretty basic but with the heated grips and other accessories I a not sure of the complexity. Is there a video or document that shows how to do this. I am somewhat mechanical. Or is this something you recommend I go to dealer and have them do?

Thanks
    Badco
    It's a very easy job. The dealer allows less than 30 minutes to change them.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

You actually won't even be messing with the grips/controls. They separate from the bars as complete units when you remove the upper and lower caps. Just put a blanket over the bodywork to protect the paint cuz you need to lay them out of the way while you R&R the bars. There are guide pins on both the bars and the control/grip assemblies to orient everything. You will get all new hardware, with pre-applied locktite etc if it is an actual BRP accessory....

I have not used the attitude bars per se but I did do this job switching to the drag bars.
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default windshield

what windshield is that on your limited i want a different on for my limited special

Spyder Garage

Here is a link to the instructions for installing the handlebars.

http://instructions.brp.com/content/...0548,219400550

2015 RS SM5, Navy F4 Fighter wrap
    Passenger Backrest, RT Handlebars,
    BRP Comfort Seat, Airhawk R cushion,
    Garmin 660LM GPS, LidLox, Can-AM Top case

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    what windshield is that on your limited i want a different on for my limited special
    Hi The windshield is the BRP Tall Boy. I just installed it a couple weeks ago. I like it much better then the low boy that came stock.
    Here is the link.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/...Boy_Windshield

Badco

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    You actually won't even be messing with the grips/controls. They separate from the bars as complete units when you remove the upper and lower caps. Just put a blanket over the bodywork to protect the paint cuz you need to lay them out of the way while you R&R the bars. There are guide pins on both the bars and the control/grip assemblies to orient everything. You will get all new hardware, with pre-applied locktite etc if it is an actual BRP accessory....

I have not used the attitude bars per se but I did do this job switching to the drag bars.
    Thank you very reassuring. I have replaced the windshield and added the back seat rest and that went well. So I will give this a try.

Badco