Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Mine quit working after 5 years----I replaced the oil in the lift reservoir & now it works great. If you have a solid ceiling mount a hand chain hoist is my favorite lift--usually less than $69 & takes minimal space to store it in a cabinet. Also place jack stands for safety.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    I just picked one up today at Harbor Freight, took it home, assembled it, and it won't go under the bike. It hits the lower plastic cover, on the side(the black one on the lower left side, below the one you take off to check the oil), and looks like it will hit the highway peg frame underneath. All bummed out. Why can't I get it under, and all of you do? With the lift all the way down, topside of rubber pads on lift to the ground is about 5.5"
    Place 2 pieces of wood 2" x 6" or even a 2" x 4"--drive the Spyder on top of the wood & the lift will slide under. Might even work with a 1" piece of wood depending on the clearance needed.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

👍

CapeSpyder
    Sent From my Note 5

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    I'm building some shelves in my garage, and stumbled upon a secondary use for my Harbor Freight lift...... a saw horse!

Pam
    Great use for it! Just be careful not to misjudge where you're cutting and run the saw into it, or you will be one very unhappy gal! Don't ask me how I know!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    Do those of you that have the Harbor Freight cycle lift that is now on sale for 69.99, feel that you use it enough to have bought it? I want to get one, but not if it is only going to be used once in a blue moon. Only thing that
    I could think of using it for is changing brakes. Not sure since it is under the center of bike if you could change oil, or what ever. Just curious. Don't want to buy another piece of equipment to take up room in the garage, since
    I had to get rid of stuff just to make room for the Spyder. If anyone has a picture of exactly where to jack up, it would be appreciated also.
    I have a 2010 RT.
    Thanks
    I wanted to get one years ago when I had 4-wheelers and I found a kit that works on your floor jack. Just take the round plate off your jack and replace it with the piece like the cycle lift. Works slick!! When your done just take it off and lean it against the wall out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Here is the blue one I have from Harbor freight. My local store DID take the 20% off coupon as well.lift.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb...ift-60636.html

On sale $179.00
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I have one and it is still in the box. I've had it almost two years. Anyone living in the Central, Flarda, area wanting it for free, PM me.

Chris
    chris, what do you want for the lift. bardar at spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bardar View Post
    chris, what do you want for the lift. bardar at spyderlovers
    Hey bardar, didja check the date on that post from Mouthpiece? ( It was posted on July 18th 2016 for those who are interested. )

Which means it's a more'n 3 year old post in a more'n 3 year old thread to start with; back then he said he'd already had it sitting around in the box for 2 years, and the last time Mouthpiece did anything else here on the Forum was back in mid-January.... So I don't really like your chances, altho I guess there's still some possibility!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-26-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Hey bardar, didja check the date on that post from Mouthpiece? ( It was posted on July 18th 2016 for those who are interested. )

Which means it's a more'n 3 year old post in a more'n 3 year old thread to start with; back then he said he'd already had it sitting around in the box for 2 years, and the last time Mouthpiece did anything else here on the Forum was back in mid-January.... So I don't really like your chances, altho I guess there's still some possibility!
    HaHa. I also have the Harbor Freight Motorcycle Jack that has been in the unopened box in my garage that I bought over a year ago. I had real good intentions of using it to Jack up both my Spyder, as well as my Harley, to start changing my own oils again. So, a month ago, It was time for my Harley Oil Change. In my garage, which crammed full of junk, I wedged the unopened Jack out of the junk pile, and maneuvered the 75 lb. steel Jack to a space large enough to open the box. I was already perspiring like an Athlete in the Summer hot weather. In my garage, its either sweltering in the Summer or freezing in the Winter! So, it was well over 100 degrees as I unboxed my 75 lb. Jack. It had to first be assembled! There was an Owner’s Manual in the box, but I figured I didn’t need to read how to use a Jack! So, first, I found I had to bolt the actual Hydraulic Jack to the Jack Frame, which I did, then, got the Jack under my 800 lb. Harley and started jacking, but it didn’t Jack! Soooo,....time to read directions. Hmmmmm, directions said I had to fill the Jack with special Hydraulic Oil, before using, which was not supplied in the Kit. So, I unbolted the Jack from the frame, and looked at the Diagram trying to locate the Filler hole, and Air vent of the Jack, and sweating like Mike Tyson after he got knocked out by Buster Duglass,.....thought about where I was going to go look for the Hydraulic Oil to fill my Jack with! Even worse, my back was now hurting from lifting and maneuvering the heavy 75 lb. Jack in the tight space in my garage. I was thinking, by the time I get in my truck, drive to Lowes or Walmart, search for, and locate the right Hydraulic Oil and bring it back home, hoping to fill the Jack and hope it works, heck, it would be quicker, easier, and less stressful, as well as safe, to forget about messing with trying to Jack up my 800 lb. Harley hoping it didn’t fall on me, when I was under it trying to locate the 3 Oil Drain Bolts, all with weird Heads on them that my 50 year old Tools no longer fit, and call the Harley Dealer to change my 3 Hole Oils. That Plan looked better! So, I put all the Jack parts back in the Box and called the Harley Dealer, and am still alive to ride it again, with out it falling on me, or my back killing me trying to maneuver the Jack. Harbor Freight would not take the Jack back for refund or trade, because I had it over 90 days. In fact, I had it over a year! So,.....the “Jack in a Box” will remain in the junk pile in my garage along with my other “ treasures” until the Auction of my “ stuff” after I cross over to the other side. Lesson learned was,....no more thoughts of attempting to EVER change my own Oils and Filters in either my Harley or Spyder again, unless all my Dealers in the area refuse to help me. Only those 70 and over will understand why we Elders don’t change our own Oils! I am 77, ( a good age to still be not only breathing, but able to walk and chew gum at the same time, while walking up to my Harley to ride. ) I have logged 8,000 miles on the Harley since I bought it a year ago, in addition to logging another 15,000 miles on my Spyder! Thinking back, the last time I changed my own Oil was on my Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic when I was 65 years old! I had forgotten how much my body had changed from age 65 to age 77, and the strength and patience I have lost in those dozen years!! Anyway, this Post triggered my Harbor Freight Jack Memory and experience.
    007James
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-25-2019 at 02:00 AM.
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Nothing to be ashamed of in working out the easiest way for you to achieve the desired end of getting the oil in the Harley changed! As far as I can see, it shows that despite the inexorable grind of age overtaking some of your agility, your mind is still showing the smarts necessary to get the job done without too much more lying on the ground & possibly sweating enough to drown in while you're down there!!

Maybe you could help Bardar in his search for a Hydraulic Jack... know anyone who's got one they aren't using?!
    Hey, you might be able to help out two people in the one deal?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!