Thread: Floorboards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Floorboards

For those of you with floorboards on your F3, do you ride with your toe along side the brake, behind it or underneath the brake? Don't ask.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by swodo View Post
    For those of you with floorboards on your F3, do you ride with your toe along side the brake, behind it or underneath the brake? Don't ask.
    No F3, but have floorboards. I try to keep the toe away from the brake pedal. Touching it can make the computer think the brake is on. Continuous operation of the brake will lead to limp mode. Did I guess?

I know what movement the foot has to make to activate the brake in all situations. It is a learned reflex and you should be good to go.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i have to BRP F3 floorboards. My feet are flat unless I anticipate braking. If I am in stop and go my toe is up and slightly to the side of the brake peddle.

Spyder Garage

Same as Tazzel! (2015 F3-S) BTW, they work great and allow you to move your feet around for comfort! One (expensive) add-on that I do recommend!
    Last edited by JkRbbt; 07-16-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    Same as Tazzel! (2015 F3-S) BTW, they work great and allow you to move your feet around for comfort! One (expensive) add-on that I do recommend!
    I just ordered some vibration isolation pads to put on top of the foot platforms---I feel more vibration from the foot platforms than anywhere else on the F3's. I order 2 sets of 4" x 4" qty 4 each. One set is 3/8" inch rubber & the other set is 7/8" cork with rubber layer on top & bottom--inexpensive $15 & $20 per set of qty 4. No problems touching the brake pedal as is.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Still a little confused. I understand that normally feet are flat on the floorboards, but where is the ball of your foot? To the side of the pedal (like a car) , in back of it, or under the pedal? Seems to the side would be the quickest to stop.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by swodo View Post
    Still a little confused. I understand that normally feet are flat on the floorboards, but where is the ball of your foot? To the side of the pedal (like a car) , in back of it, or under the pedal? Seems to the side would be the quickest to stop.
    That is pretty much impossible to answer, Swodo, as it all depends on the individual. For example, I have to have my foot alongside the F3 pedal as my legs and feet are too long to let me get behind it or under it. That makes it easy to swivel the ball of my foot over to the pedal.

When I had my demo on the RT I had to have my heel alongside the pedal and had to lift it completely and bring it back to use the brake.

On the Victory Vision I had to have my foot alongside and in front of the pedal and had to lift my foot completely to stomp on the pedal.

Try all 3 positions and see which one works fastest for you.

Pete
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I just ordered some vibration isolation pads to put on top of the foot platforms---I feel more vibration from the foot platforms than anywhere else on the F3's. I order 2 sets of 4" x 4" qty 4 each. One set is 3/8" inch rubber & the other set is 7/8" cork with rubber layer on top & bottom--inexpensive $15 & $20 per set of qty 4. No problems touching the brake pedal as is.
    Darrell

Funny, I dont feel any vibration coming from the BRP F3 floorboards

Spyder Garage

Smile

looking to get floorboards and i am hoping they do not vibrate!!!!
    HAPPY FORMER OWNER of 2008 PE 3016

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydsense View Post
    looking to get floorboards and i am hoping they do not vibrate!!!!
    Because Seal Floorboards are so large, there is VERY LITTLE chance for any vibration. I find that lots of my customers like braking with their heel as their feet are so often in front of the brake. They just pivot on the ball of their foot and brake with their heel. The foot never loses contact with the Floorboard. It becomes a very natural move. However, because the Seals are sooo long, you will find your feet wandering all over them as you unconsciously move around to keep your circulation going.
    Makes for longer, more comfortable rides.
    Attached Images Attached Images