Thread: Backrest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Backrest

Hello all! I was wondering if this backrest will fit on a 2016 F3 Limited SS with a stock seat. The description only speaks to an F3 with stock or cannonball seat. Any insight is greatly appreciated. And thanks in advance for any suggestions on other backrest models but this is the one I am settled on for purchase.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/...ckrest_-_Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Midian View Post
    Hello all! I was wondering if this backrest will fit on a 2016 F3 Limited SS with a stock seat. The description only speaks to an F3 with stock or cannonball seat. Any insight is greatly appreciated. And thanks in advance for any suggestions on other backrest models but this is the one I am settled on for purchase.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/...ckrest_-_Black
    Greetings.

While I can't speak to your direct question, I will just say, I'd encourage you to take a close look at the DUAL MODE BACKREST at the link below.

http://www.smoothspyder.com/f-3-backrest/

It is quite the setup. We just purchased it for our F3.

Best of luck with your decision.
    Last edited by SpyderHands; 07-15-2016 at 10:52 PM.
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the recommend but I never liked the look of that backrest. I am specifically looking at this one because when I don't have a passenger I have a saddle men bag that is awesome for gear and as a real comfortable back rest for me when I am solo.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Midian View Post
    Thanks for the recommend but I never liked the look of that backrest. I am specifically looking at this one because when I don't have a passenger I have a saddle men bag that is awesome for gear and as a real comfortable back rest for me when I am solo.
    No worries. To each their own. It looks a lot nicer in person and very well made. A great option for sure.

Any info on your saddle men bag you mentioned?
    HAND'S UP:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderHands View Post
    No worries. To each their own. It looks a lot nicer in person and very well made. A great option for sure.

Any info on your saddle men bag you mentioned?

It's called the Saddlemen Sport Tunnel Bag. I think they come in two widths with this being the wider of the two. With a cargo net on top of it, it has been the most comfortable I have ever been on a bike. On top of the case I keep my mesh jacket (which I never wear in the summer but acts as some extra padding). Inside the case I put both of the liners to my jacket, rain gear, bike cover, tool kit, microfiber cloths and spray detailer and a roadside fix-a-flat kit with room to spare for more as the bag is expandable by its zippered compartments.

But honestly, I rarely ever endorse or recommend products because then someone tries it and for whatever reason they bitch and moan that you recommended it or someone always thinks they know better than what your own body tells you, but this bag is awesome! It holds a good bit of stuff and makes the ride so much more comfortable than a traditional backrest (you can set the cruise control and lean back with your arm over it like the arm of your couch. I took a trip a few weeks ago, over 700 miles in total. This bag for $140 and a pair of padded bicycle shorts, for $14, under my jeans and I was just as comfortable as a $500 backrest and a $700 mustang seat. I used to have mustang seats on all my past bikes but this stock seat on the F3 Limited does just fine for me. Your mileage may vary but for me this bike and this set up has been a huge win.

And I am clearly 'special needs' when it comes to posting photos.

image.jpg

Spyder Garage

If you do any touring, requiring bags of any type to be secured behind YOU, think twice about that dual usage non-BRP backrest.

15' F3S SE6 owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pdxsenior View Post
    If you do any touring, requiring bags of any type to be secured behind YOU, think twice about that dual usage non-BRP backrest.

15' F3S SE6 owner
    Curious as to why???
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

The BRP back support will work on your bike.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    The BRP back support will work on your bike.

Thank you!