Spyder Garage

Red face Okay so where do position my Spyder? Opinions?

Okay, so I got lucky and purchased a used Ironhorse enclosed trailer. Wheel chocks coming today. So... I position my 2014 STS with the mid weight directly above the axle. Right? And the mid point of the weight is the seat? Right?

By the way... as an FYI... Spyderclamp ....out of production for about two months. Black and Gray front plastic chocks out of stock with no plans of restocking.

I went with the Pingel 6.5 inch ID wheel chock.... which will I will get today.
    Did get... the Black and Gray rear plastic chock to stop side to side motion of my rear wheel along with the quick disconnect kit.

Joe

Spyder Garage

As a general rule of thumb, your Spyder should be positioned inside the trailer so that the tongue weight is 10% to 12% of the total weight of the trailer plus Spyder. If you google "trailer tongue weight" you will find several descriptions of how to determine tongue weight.

2015 RS SM5, Navy F4 Fighter wrap
    Passenger Backrest, RT Handlebars,
    BRP Comfort Seat, Airhawk R cushion,
    Garmin 660LM GPS, LidLox, Can-AM Top case

Spyder Garage

You also want to make sure you have enough truck to pull that set up, we have all seen the truck pulling a wheely down the road and the hitch scraping because it's to heavy, my rule of thumb is my 1/4 ton truck is only good for landscape trailer and anything heavy will get the 3/4 ton truck

Spyder Garage

I pulled our RT on an open aluminum trailer with my 4cyl Ford Escape. It wasn't very happy with me. But, I took it easy and did OK. As for tongue weight, I like the rule of about 10% on the hitch and the rest over the axle. I tie it down using a strap over each tire, linearly. The anchor points are close to the tires so there is NO movement at all. Cheap, fast, and easy to do......Just like a Saturday night date in high school...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White