Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48

Thread: RT GAUGES GONE

  1. #26
    Active Member Tyris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Can anybody sow what the digital displays for temp and fuel look like on the main screen after removing the analog gauges?
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

    BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

    Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer

  2. #27
    Very Active Member oldguyinCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southwestern CT
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marr View Post
    I LIKE IT!!
    "A Wise Man Listened To His Wife And Bought A New One "

    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 w/Rivco Flag Holders, RAM Smartphone Mount, Magic Mirror Mounts, Guardian Bells, "Bad Boy" Air Horn, And Lots More To Come (If Momma Opens The Wallet) P.S. She hasn't yet

  3. #28
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    258

    Default replaced with 12 v and a usb dual port

    I started here at this website then decided to see what blue sea sold them for on their website then shopped the web for them after I got a part number...but bought the bevel and screws from this guy...http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...tegory&path=61


    http://spyderstore.com/image/cache/c...11-500x500.jpg

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2042634&type=3

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2042634&type=3




    Last edited by marty1096; 04-08-2018 at 07:37 PM.

  4. #29
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    258

    Default Dash after gages are taken out

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Can anybody sow what the digital displays for temp and fuel look like on the main screen after removing the analog gauges?

  5. #30
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Also, BRP does have the caps if you're looking for something a little more stock: BRP gauge cap #705003421

    Thanks spyderbirds for the part number! It's come in handy!


    2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

  6. #31
    Active Member duke50's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    pocahontas ill
    Posts
    99

    Default Gauges

    I also have a 14 Rt, no plans to change mine out, they look and work fine.

  7. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Tacoma WA.
    Posts
    27

    Default Oil temp gage And intake Vacuum gage

    Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Attachment 133892

    Well, I finally got tired of the wildly inaccurate analog gas gauge, and figured that if I was going to disable it I would do the same with the temp gauge. To my surprise and annoyance, the gas gauge "remembered" what the fuel level was, and the needle stayed in that same position as before it was disabled. I kept looking at it and thinking, "I'm gonna have to get gas soon". Then I would remember that it was disabled, look at my mileage, and the bar graph on the center screen for the actual fuel level. So I decided to take them out. I went to a local boat dealer and had them order two 2" Euro Blanks (that's what the manufacturer calls them) made by Faria Marine Instruments. Took out the gauges, and put in the blanks with a small bead of black silicone around the bezel to keep water out. So here is the finished product at a cost of $35.00 and 20 minutes of labor. I like the way it looks. Now I have to retrain myself to look at the center screen, not at the - nonexistent - gauges.
    Those two holes would make a nice home for oil temp and intake vacuum gauges, and the best thing is you would barely have to "break into" the electrical system to install them. I wonder if it's doable (sensors, installation)?

  8. #33
    Active Member Joel The Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Schenevus, NY
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheSpyderRyder View Post
    Those two holes would make a nice home for oil temp and intake vacuum gauges, and the best thing is you would barely have to "break into" the electrical system to install them. I wonder if it's doable (sensors, installation)?
    A voltmeter is MUCH more useful than an intake vacuum gauge.
    KEYLESS REMOTE LOCKS AND FRUNK, HEADS-UP DISPLAY, RADAR DETECTOR, CUSTOM TAILLIGHTS, 2 BROS EXHAUST, SWAYBAR, PAINTED REAR, PAINTED DASH, SHORTY TINTED SCREEN, RIVCO FRONT BUMPER, CUSTOM REAR LUGGAGE RACK, DASH CAM, ANDROID GPS, COMFORT SEAT, 595EVO TIRES, LED HEADLIGHTS, PAINTED MIRRORS, LED REFLECTORS, MUCH MORE.

  9. #34
    Active Member Docster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Perry Hall, Md
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    A voltmeter is MUCH more useful than an intake vacuum gauge.
    Agree. For my 2012 RTS I went with voltmeter and USB outlets for GPS/phone. Straightforward install.
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider

  10. #35
    Very Active Member oldguyinCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southwestern CT
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    I can't believe that this thread is almost two years old and still going.
    "A Wise Man Listened To His Wife And Bought A New One "

    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 w/Rivco Flag Holders, RAM Smartphone Mount, Magic Mirror Mounts, Guardian Bells, "Bad Boy" Air Horn, And Lots More To Come (If Momma Opens The Wallet) P.S. She hasn't yet

  11. #36
    Active Member bcer960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Kamloops B.C.
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I can't believe that this thread is almost two years old and still going.
    Well King Herald ( your avatar) I just switched out my gauges last weekend. I think it keeps coming up as those of us that are getting to the party late are finding neat farcles to do.

    2017 RT-S

    Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

  12. #37
    Active Member campermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Well King Herald ( your avatar) I just switched out my gauges last weekend. I think it keeps coming up as those of us that are getting to the party late are finding neat farcles to do.
    I have a volt gauge and a really nice analog clock which is much easier than the tiny little on the digital gauge. USB ports fit real nice in between the switches below the handle bars

  13. #38
    Active Member bcer960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Kamloops B.C.
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    I have a volt gauge and a really nice analog clock which is much easier than the tiny little on the digital gauge. USB ports fit real nice in between the switches below the handle bars
    The small clock on the dash was the reason I sought out this thread.

    2017 RT-S

    Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

  14. #39
    Very Active Member ThreeWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Danbury Connecticut
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I can't believe that this thread is almost two years old and still going.
    Geez Dwight,
    I read the title to this thread, and I thought you were trying to come up with a clever way of saying you sold your Spyder.
    Can you ride yet ?
    My Gas Tank Is Full; My Bladder Is Empty
    Time To Motor On……..
    IBA #47122

  15. #40
    Active Member Tyris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    I have a volt gauge and a really nice analog clock which is much easier than the tiny little on the digital gauge. USB ports fit real nice in between the switches below the handle bars
    What clock did you find?
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

    BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

    Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer

  16. #41
    Very Active Member oldguyinCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southwestern CT
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Geez Dwight,
    I read the title to this thread, and I thought you were trying to come up with a clever way of saying you sold your Spyder.
    Can you ride yet ?
    Yep, I can ride once I get it back from Arctic Adventures. It started throwing codes like crazy, and they have had it for 18 days so far meticulously going through it to try and get all of the kinks worked out once and for all. I'm also having them do some scheduled maintenance while they have it. Today would be a great riding day, but I'm gonna do yard work instead.
    "A Wise Man Listened To His Wife And Bought A New One "

    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 w/Rivco Flag Holders, RAM Smartphone Mount, Magic Mirror Mounts, Guardian Bells, "Bad Boy" Air Horn, And Lots More To Come (If Momma Opens The Wallet) P.S. She hasn't yet

  17. #42
    Active Member El Dorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marr View Post
    NICE
    2015 RTS
    Replaced Catalytic Converter with Lamonster Pipe http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/CA...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
    Rivco Flag Holders
    Gear Brake
    Tricled wideview mirrors
    Garage door opener
    Foam handgrips
    Zumo GPS
    Ultimate seat
    F4 windshield with vent
    Doc's belt damper
    Value Accessories RAM mount
    Baja Ron sway bar and Links

  18. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Camrose Alberta
    Posts
    2

    Default gauge

    Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Attachment 133892

    Well, I finally got tired of the wildly inaccurate analog gas gauge, and figured that if I was going to disable it I would do the same with the temp gauge. To my surprise and annoyance, the gas gauge "remembered" what the fuel level was, and the needle stayed in that same position as before it was disabled. I kept looking at it and thinking, "I'm gonna have to get gas soon". Then I would remember that it was disabled, look at my mileage, and the bar graph on the center screen for the actual fuel level. So I decided to take them out. I went to a local boat dealer and had them order two 2" Euro Blanks (that's what the manufacturer calls them) made by Faria Marine Instruments. Took out the gauges, and put in the blanks with a small bead of black silicone around the bezel to keep water out. So here is the finished product at a cost of $35.00 and 20 minutes of labor. I like the way it looks. Now I have to retrain myself to look at the center screen, not at the - nonexistent - gauges.
    I found the reason anaulog gauge dont work right is because speaker magnet screw them up on my 2012 RT.

  19. #44
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    252

    Default Magic Mirrors?

    Quote Originally Posted by rookieryder View Post
    Ok, so help me out on the "wildly inaccurate" comment. Was it overestimating how much gas you had or underestimating?
    And is it possible to show the digital gas gauge without disconnecting the analog?
    Many people complain that Magic Mirrors magnets influence them.

  20. #45
    Active Member taxmyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bellmore,NY
    Posts
    439

    Default I went with

    Digital volt gauge & digital clock.

    Ride safe!

  21. #46
    Active Member bcer960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Kamloops B.C.
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taxmyzer View Post
    Digital volt gauge & digital clock.
    same

    2017 RT-S

    Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

  22. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Camrose Alberta
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    Many people complain that Magic Mirrors magnets influence them.
    that could
    be to as I have them to

  23. #48
    Very Active Member DGoebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Faribault, MN
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    There have been threads posted about how to flip one or more of the mirror mount magnets to correct this. Though I find it's just easier and better to have removed the gauges and plugged the holes reverting back to the digital dash gauges.
    Safe Rides, David and Sharon Goebel
    2013 RT Limited,
    Akrapovic Sport Silencer
    2014 right side grill and block-off plate
    Sena SM-10 w/ MC Dave cable and SMH-10's
    TricLED's Ultimate Safety Bundle Plus, Wide Vu Mirrors, Organizers,
    Multi Mount Dash Mount, Euro Horn,
    LED Head/Foglights

    PPA Widow 15 Wheels, Lamonster Wheel Balancers
    Squared Away
    Laser Aligned,
    Baja Ron's Bar and Links
    SC's HMT Tail/Turn light, BRP Plate frame and Swing Arm End Caps
    Magic Mirrors (Tether-free)
    IBA
    70020

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •