Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RT GAUGES GONE

Spyder Garage

Can anybody sow what the digital displays for temp and fuel look like on the main screen after removing the analog gauges?
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marr View Post
    I LIKE IT!!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default replaced with 12 v and a usb dual port

I started here at this website then decided to see what blue sea sold them for on their website then shopped the web for them after I got a part number...but bought the bevel and screws from this guy...http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...tegory&path=61

http://spyderstore.com/image/cache/c...11-500x500.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2042634&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2042634&type=3

Last edited by marty1096; 04-08-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Dash after gages are taken out

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Can anybody sow what the digital displays for temp and fuel look like on the main screen after removing the analog gauges?

Spyder Garage

Also, BRP does have the caps if you're looking for something a little more stock: BRP gauge cap #705003421

Thanks spyderbirds for the part number! It's come in handy!

2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Default Gauges

I also have a 14 Rt, no plans to change mine out, they look and work fine.

Spyder Garage

Default Oil temp gage And intake Vacuum gage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post

Well, I finally got tired of the wildly inaccurate analog gas gauge, and figured that if I was going to disable it I would do the same with the temp gauge. To my surprise and annoyance, the gas gauge "remembered" what the fuel level was, and the needle stayed in that same position as before it was disabled. I kept looking at it and thinking, "I'm gonna have to get gas soon". Then I would remember that it was disabled, look at my mileage, and the bar graph on the center screen for the actual fuel level. So I decided to take them out. I went to a local boat dealer and had them order two 2" Euro Blanks (that's what the manufacturer calls them) made by Faria Marine Instruments. Took out the gauges, and put in the blanks with a small bead of black silicone around the bezel to keep water out. So here is the finished product at a cost of $35.00 and 20 minutes of labor. I like the way it looks. Now I have to retrain myself to look at the center screen, not at the - nonexistent - gauges.
    Those two holes would make a nice home for oil temp and intake vacuum gauges, and the best thing is you would barely have to "break into" the electrical system to install them. I wonder if it's doable (sensors, installation)?
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheSpyderRyder View Post
    Those two holes would make a nice home for oil temp and intake vacuum gauges, and the best thing is you would barely have to "break into" the electrical system to install them. I wonder if it's doable (sensors, installation)?
    A voltmeter is MUCH more useful than an intake vacuum gauge.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    A voltmeter is MUCH more useful than an intake vacuum gauge.
    Agree. For my 2012 RTS I went with voltmeter and USB outlets for GPS/phone. Straightforward install.
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

I can't believe that this thread is almost two years old and still going.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Well King Herald ( your avatar) I just switched out my gauges last weekend. I think it keeps coming up as those of us that are getting to the party late are finding neat farcles to do.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Well King Herald ( your avatar) I just switched out my gauges last weekend. I think it keeps coming up as those of us that are getting to the party late are finding neat farcles to do.
    I have a volt gauge and a really nice analog clock which is much easier than the tiny little on the digital gauge. USB ports fit real nice in between the switches below the handle bars
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    I have a volt gauge and a really nice analog clock which is much easier than the tiny little on the digital gauge. USB ports fit real nice in between the switches below the handle bars
    The small clock on the dash was the reason I sought out this thread.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Geez Dwight,
    I read the title to this thread, and I thought you were trying to come up with a clever way of saying you sold your Spyder.
    Can you ride yet ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    What clock did you find?
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Geez Dwight,
    I read the title to this thread, and I thought you were trying to come up with a clever way of saying you sold your Spyder.
    Can you ride yet ?
    Yep, I can ride once I get it back from Arctic Adventures. It started throwing codes like crazy, and they have had it for 18 days so far meticulously going through it to try and get all of the kinks worked out once and for all. I'm also having them do some scheduled maintenance while they have it. Today would be a great riding day, but I'm gonna do yard work instead.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marr View Post
    NICE
    2015 RTS
    Replaced Catalytic Converter with Lamonster Pipe

Rivco Flag Holders
    Tricled wideview mirrors
    Garage door opener
    Zumo GPS
    Ultimate seat
    F4 windshield with vent
    Doc's belt damper
    Value Accessories RAM mount
    Baja Ron sway bar and Links

Spyder Garage

Default gauge

Well, I finally got tired of the wildly inaccurate analog gas gauge, and figured that if I was going to disable it I would do the same with the temp gauge. To my surprise and annoyance, the gas gauge "remembered" what the fuel level was, and the needle stayed in that same position as before it was disabled. I kept looking at it and thinking, "I'm gonna have to get gas soon". Then I would remember that it was disabled, look at my mileage, and the bar graph on the center screen for the actual fuel level. So I decided to take them out. I went to a local boat dealer and had them order two 2" Euro Blanks (that's what the manufacturer calls them) made by Faria Marine Instruments. Took out the gauges, and put in the blanks with a small bead of black silicone around the bezel to keep water out. So here is the finished product at a cost of $35.00 and 20 minutes of labor. I like the way it looks. Now I have to retrain myself to look at the center screen, not at the - nonexistent - gauges.
    I found the reason anaulog gauge dont work right is because speaker magnet screw them up on my 2012 RT.

Spyder Garage

Default Magic Mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by rookieryder View Post
    Ok, so help me out on the "wildly inaccurate" comment. Was it overestimating how much gas you had or underestimating?
    And is it possible to show the digital gas gauge without disconnecting the analog?
    Many people complain that Magic Mirrors magnets influence them.

Spyder Garage

Default I went with

Digital volt gauge & digital clock.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taxmyzer View Post
    Digital volt gauge & digital clock.
    same

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    Many people complain that Magic Mirrors magnets influence them.
    that could
    be to as I have them to

Spyder Garage

There have been threads posted about how to flip one or more of the mirror mount magnets to correct this. Though I find it's just easier and better to have removed the gauges and plugged the holes reverting back to the digital dash gauges.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I had installed a volt meter on the left side. and I installed a clock on the other. The clock does not work any more and so I want to plug the 2inch hole, I have power outlets installed by providence accessories. any ideas on what I can put there that would be useful guys.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nice clean solution.
    2014 RTL Platinum