Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Are floorboards worth the extra $$?

The '16 RTL that I rode over the weekend had really nice floorboards, with flexible rubber and all. My '12 RTL has pegs. I like them both, but for different reasons.

The pegs give me instant feedback about foot placement and pressure, while the floorboards let me stretch my legs a bit and were more comfortable. Changing them is not a small investment, so I want to be certain of my decision. This is not a high priority for me; just wondering what other ryders like.
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile
    First Spyder: Pearl White 2012 Spyder RT Limited, gone to a good home

Spyder Garage

Seal floorboards offers two nice options and about one half the price of the BRP.

I had the deluxe ones on my 2010 and have the pups on the 2011. Give them a call. They install easily. If I can do it in less than a half hour, anyone can.

I will see if I can come up with some pictures.

Can't find pictures of the deluxe--below are the pups.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-13-2016 at 02:15 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also like having a bit of a "dance floor" underneath my toes! You can move around a bit during a ride, and keep your legs a bit more comfy!
    I put ISCI boards on my 2010, and I was impressed with their quality and adjustability.
    But Seals were a very close second choice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You will love them!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I suppose that the question you need to ask yourself is, "What is my comfort worth; to ME?"

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I also like floorboards better than just the peg. I actually went with the Web Boards. To me they looked as if they belonged on a spyder. Just like the seal boards, they come in a mini and a full length version. I went with the mini boards.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Worth every dollar you spend on them. I love my floorboards.

2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tell me a little bit about that forward-pivoting highway peg, that the passenger gets.
    I'd like to get a pair of them for the Missus!
    (Who ever said, that I wasn't an incurable Romantic? )

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Tell me a little bit about that forward-pivoting highway peg, that the passenger gets.
    I'd like to get a pair of them for the Missus!
    (Who ever said, that I wasn't an incurable Romantic? )

Bob,

I'm not sure who makes them. I ordered them with the boards from Diamond R. I don't know if they are still doing the boards, but if you give Allen a call, he may be able to pass on the info about the flip-up passenger highway pegs. And, yes, the Missus loves them. She's short and they help a lot.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    Diamond-R; I think that I might have their number tucked away nearby...

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up RT-S

RT-S came with floor boards and they are GREAT. Step a bit harder on the o/s board when turning and touch the inside knee to the "tank"--- a little bend of the inside elbow and your cutting corners faster than any cruser and pushing "nanny " to the limit.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Seal floorboards offers two nice options and about one half the price of the BRP.

I had the deluxe ones on my 2010 and have the pups on the 2011. Give them a call. They install easily. If I can do it in less than a half hour, anyone can.

I will see if I can come up with some pictures.

Can't find pictures of the deluxe--below are the pups.

I notice you put the "pups" on your 2011. Is there a reason? These are the ones I am looking at. I have short legs, but, now my knees are starting to bother me a bit.

Lori
    BabyBlue

Spyder Garage

Default Inspector Gadget

I put a pair of inspector gadget floorboards on my 2011 SM5 along with his heel toe shifter. You must install the heel toe shifter if you install the floorboards on the SM5 because you cant get your foot under the shifter with the floorboards installed. The prices are very reasonable and the quality is great. I would suggest it for the extra room that you get and the ability to move your feet around to get comfy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you want any of Gadget's gadgets...

http://www.spyderrt.info/

(I've been waiting to see that for too long! )

Spyder Garage

I had the Seal Delux floorboards on my 2011 Limited. I loved them as they allow you to move around and stretch you legs a bit. I am about 6'-3" and with the stock seat, the pegs would kill my legs after being on the bike for awhile. The floorboards did help make the ryde more enjoyable. To me, they were worth every penny.
    Regards,
    BitSlayer

2015 Spyder RT Limited - Perl White
    - Having fun with my knees in the breeze

Spyder Garage

I agree with BitSlayer. I actually bought his floorboards off of his 2011, for my 2010 RT, and love them. Doing some highway today, so am sure they will be great on highway as much as in town. Probably more so.
    Thanks again Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by BitSlayer View Post
    I had the Seal Delux floorboards on my 2011 Limited. I loved them as they allow you to move around and stretch you legs a bit. I am about 6'-3" and with the stock seat, the pegs would kill my legs after being on the bike for awhile. The floorboards did help make the ryde more enjoyable. To me, they were worth every penny.
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    I agree with BitSlayer. I actually bought his floorboards off of his 2011, for my 2010 RT, and love them. Doing some highway today, so am sure they will be great on highway as much as in town. Probably more so.
    Thanks again Larry.
    Steve,

i am so glad you are enjoying them. Hope your highway miles are as good as your intown miles.
    Regards,
    BitSlayer

2015 Spyder RT Limited - Perl White
    - Having fun with my knees in the breeze

Spyder Garage

Goggles on.
    swimming upstream.

I like pegs better.
    For all the reasons given by the OP and also by bracing myself aaginst the pegs I think I can take corners much better.
    Floorboards are nice for passengers, but as a ryder gimme pegs.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool I have A set of Syder Boards for $ 350.00 that Retail for $ 500.00

I Have A set of Spyder Boards for sale that are like new. I will sell them for $350.00 including shipping . They retail for $500.00 . They look really good and give you numerous positions for your feet . All hardware included .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy6Guns View Post
    The '16 RTL that I rode over the weekend had really nice floorboards, with flexible rubber and all. My '12 RTL has pegs. I like them both, but for different reasons.

The pegs give me instant feedback about foot placement and pressure, while the floorboards let me stretch my legs a bit and were more comfortable. Changing them is not a small investment, so I want to be certain of my decision. This is not a high priority for me; just wondering what other ryders like.

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks all you Seal Floorboards supporters. As the first to design a Floorboard for my own RS SE5 in 2009, I have always held to the belief that riding should be a joy, not an endurance contest, even on those long 500 mile days.. Quality, comfort and original (not copied) design has been my motto since I started out as a full time sculptor,40 yrs. ago.
    Ride in comfort,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderCodes View Post
    Goggles on.
    swimming upstream.

I like pegs better.
    For all the reasons given by the OP and also by bracing myself aaginst the pegs I think I can take corners much better.
    Floorboards are nice for passengers, but as a ryder gimme pegs.
    "Each to their own notion.", said the old woman as she kissed the cow.
    If everybody liked the same stuff; I'd get tired of chasing all of you away from my Missus!

Spyder Garage

Default Web boards

I Luv the spyder web boards. Made in concord nh. I got them Friday and we rode a lot this weekend and. I luv them. Brake pedal a lttle too high as they put a spacer in so I might get a shorter spacer. Took less than 30 minutes and they put them on for me but it was so easy I could have done it. Cheaper than other brands I've seen and I like the looks of them better. Check out his website.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy6Guns View Post

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am also on the sealboards side, although I am sure they all have their advantages. I just like the length of the seals, which allow for a full range of leg placement.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had ISCI on my 2010 RTS when I bought it. Took those off and put on the Seals. Great purchase in my opinion. Lots of room to move my feet around. Great customer service as well. The way the deluxe version is set up, it's like having highway pegs too. I can still run over two wheelers in the curves with my Seals on. Press on the outside and chin over wrist. Great investment.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Where can I check out the Sealboards? Am looking at highway pegs for my wife's STS and this looks like maybe a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk