Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wanna meet up with y'all! Where can I find info on this event?
    Last edited by barkingspyder; 03-20-2009 at 10:49 PM.
    VERY HAPPY OWNER OF Spyder PE #1133 w/ Leo Vince, High Flow Filter , Red caliper trim(whoopty doo), BRP sport rack/backrest, BRP saddle bags, BRP comfort seat, Honda RC51, Buell XB9R, Garmin 660, Tackyon XC action cam, Nolan N103 W/ N-Com kit(never use it...)

Spyder Garage

I hear a female type transformer will be comprised of three spyders.
    I live just west of Tucson right off I-10...make sure you honk on your way through...I'm sure I'll know it's you!
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

hopely, we will have a group here to greet you lamont by than

spyder addicts' first ryde on next sunday the 29th in Marina Del Rey!!!!!!!
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Lamont, I have no idea if we could afford to join you or if we could get the time off but I know we have been looking for an excuse to spyder out west. How many days do you plan on taking and let us know when you have some dates. I will talk to bjt and see if this is something we could even consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'm thinking 3 days out. That would be really cool if you could pull it off.
    I would definitely consider this. Now that my job is apparently safe (at least for another month) some of these road trips may be able to be scheduled. I was hoping for Gatlinburg again this year but this could replace it if we could only do one major trip. Being its a BRP event, I'm sure they will be doing their part to make it worthwhile.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kalavera View Post
    I've done it in a Toyota Camry. It is a drag. I don't think I would want to do it on my spyder. Gas stations were few and far between. I am sure there are better routes out there.
    I have to choose for the auxiliary tank:

http://www.justgastanks.com/store/in...oducts_id=1028

http://www.justgastanks.com/store/in...oducts_id=1015
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trip to LA

Give me4 a few weeks notice and Ill meet up with you and the rest of the riders in Albuquerque.
    Bill from Denver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Ouch, tough call. Can't say as I like the idea of a Moon tank hanging around. The Spyder doesn't carry off the blown gasser look too well, and there's no radiator shell to mount it in front of. The idea of a collapsible bag for fuel would give me nightmares, though, and how the heck would you mount it effectively? This is going to be a hard decision...I don't envy you a bit. I can't even form a good opinion to express.
    -Scotty

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I would love to make this trip but don't have the time or energy to drive it. I'm contemplating to either ship the Spyder at least one way (maybe round trip) or seeing about renting one closer to LA and flying out.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Ouch, tough call. Can't say as I like the idea of a Moon tank hanging around. The Spyder doesn't carry off the blown gasser look too well, and there's no radiator shell to mount it in front of. The idea of a collapsible bag for fuel would give me nightmares, though, and how the heck would you mount it effectively? This is going to be a hard decision...I don't envy you a bit. I can't even form a good opinion to express.
    -Scotty
    I ordered 2 grey Collapsible Fuel Bladder 15.75" x 17.75" 3.1 gal or 12 liters. Easy to store them in the Corbin saddlebags. Weight 1.5 per bladder dry and the typical weight of gasoline at 72 degrees F is around 6.25 lbs per gallon: total 20.875 lbs each.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    I ordered 2 grey Collapsible Fuel Bladder 15.75" x 17.75" 3.1 gal or 12 liters. Easy to store them in the Corbin saddlebags. Weight 1.5 per bladder dry and the typical weight of gasoline at 72 degrees F is around 6.25 lbs per gallon: total 20.875 lbs each.
    I like those. I may do the same for my trip. I needed it on my last trip to San Diego

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am considering making this ride out with you. I could meet you on 40, I am about 8 hours away, not sure what exit you will be getting on but I am sure that will work. I do need to do some work on the spyder first to make such a trip. I also coach soccer and baseball and of course, June is game time around here. How long do you plan on being out including the drive time. I don't have any bags or extra storage so I would need to get some before this big trip. Still thinking. 2 kids and a x-wife prevent me from buying too many goodies.

Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I would definitely consider this. Now that my job is apparently safe (at least for another month) some of these road trips may be able to be scheduled. I was hoping for Gatlinburg again this year but this could replace it if we could only do one major trip. Being its a BRP event, I'm sure they will be doing their part to make it worthwhile.
    Glad to hear your job is safe for now.
    Hopefully we will see you on this side of the coast

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by patches View Post
    I am considering making this ride out with you. I could meet you on 40, I am about 8 hours away, not sure what exit you will be getting on but I am sure that will work. I do need to do some work on the spyder first to make such a trip. I also coach soccer and baseball and of course, June is game time around here. How long do you plan on being out including the drive time. I don't have any bags or extra storage so I would need to get some before this big trip. Still thinking. 2 kids and a x-wife prevent me from buying too many goodies.
    Hey Patches, that would be great. As I mentioned before, we are meeting on I-40 as well. Everything is not firmed up but what I suggested tentatively is this. The first night June 23rd meet just outside Oklahoma City in a small town called Checotah, OK. The reason for this is that Brian's mom has a family membership to Coast to Coast RV resorts. We can tent camp for free or rent one of their Park Cabins that usually sleep 4-6 depending on size and availability for $30-$50 per night. Brian and I were planning on tenting it, but if one or two folks or so wanted to split the rental costs of these cabins, we would consider that as well. The next day would be a long haul, close to 18 hours to get to Bullhead City, AZ and stay at another campground. That would only leave about 5 hours for the third day and plenty of time to rest up. We also found a campground about 60 miles outside of LA that we are tentatively planning on staying at for the 3-4 nights we are out there. Travel trailer sleeps 4 for $55 per night. Nothing is set in stone but this is what I kind of have sketched out so far.

How does this look to you Lamont? Who else is riding out with you? Were you thinking of stopping more or less than I have sketched out here? Any input is very appreciated. You are the expert in long hauls and I value your opinion.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Hey Patches, that would be great. As I mentioned before, we are meeting on I-40 as well. Everything is not firmed up but what I suggested tentatively is this. The first night June 23rd meet just outside Oklahoma City in a small town called Checotah, OK. The reason for this is that Brian's mom has a family membership to Coast to Coast RV resorts. We can tent camp for free or rent one of their Park Cabins that usually sleep 4-6 depending on size and availability for $30-$50 per night. Brian and I were planning on tenting it, but if one or two folks or so wanted to split the rental costs of these cabins, we would consider that as well. The next day would be a long haul, close to 18 hours to get to Bullhead City, AZ and stay at another campground. That would only leave about 5 hours for the third day and plenty of time to rest up. We also found a campground about 60 miles outside of LA that we are tentatively planning on staying at for the 3-4 nights we are out there. Travel trailer sleeps 4 for $55 per night. Nothing is set in stone but this is what I kind of have sketched out so far.

How does this look to you Lamont? Who else is riding out with you? Were you thinking of stopping more or less than I have sketched out here? Any input is very appreciated. You are the expert in long hauls and I value your opinion.
    Right now BajaRon will be riding for sure and there's another guy who's talking about it.

Might want to give yourself an extra day or two out just in case one of us has issues, personal or mechanical.

I don't stay in anything that looks like a trailer park in Oklahoma guess I watch the weather channel too much.

I'm sure we can fine tune this as the time rolls near. I'm looking forward to it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Right now BajaRon will be riding for sure and there's another guy who's talking about it.

Might want to give yourself an extra day or two out just in case one of us has issues, personal or mechanical.

I don't stay in anything that looks like a trailer park in Oklahoma guess I watch the weather channel too much.

I'm sure we can fine tune this as the time rolls near. I'm looking forward to it.
    You don't have to stay in the trailer park, but for the sake of economics, I believe we will be camping along the way. By leaving on the 23rd, and riding as hard as I would like, that gets us there early in the day on the 25th. I realize the event begins on the 26th with the 27th being their main day. Due to only getting so much time off of work, I have to work with what I can. One option is to leave in the evening after I get out of work on the 22nd. Anyway, as you mentioned, we will fine tune it as we get closer to the dates. One quick question though Lamont. Barring and mechanical or personal issues, do you think those rides I have chosen are too much to try to take on? Thanks for you input.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.