Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default I love my Spyder!!!!

More and more with each passing ride. In almost two years of year round riding it has not let me down once. I would ride across the country tomorrow at the drop of a hat. I feel proud to own and ride such a beautiful machine. I still get lots of waves and thumbs up's from passing motorists and bikers.

One thing I am sick of is post titles that speak poorly of the Spyder for no good reason attracting undue attention of prospective buyers who are needed to make the brand flourish. Sure there have been problems and I don't minimize the effect on those affected, but their occurrence are blown out of proportion to the number of bikes on the road.

So if you love your Spyder feel free to comment.

Cheers Kevin

"Always taking the long way home"
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree...

Well put.... I have had mine for four years , come August, and it has never left me stranded. they are amazing machines and we are not alone on this. I find if you ryde in fear of pending dissaster you will cause it or it will come...ryde with confidence
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I love my . That's all that needs to be said here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seven riding seasons, and two Spyders: They were, and are: great bikes!
    My 2010 had it's share of faults": they never made me love it any less!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I totaly agree, ride daily when I can. I have a 2013rt ltd. Will not trade up. I love this thing!!!

Spyder Garage

Wink new ryder

Had mine for about 2 months and cannot ryde it enough. There are just not enough hours.

Spyder Garage

Love our rtse6 more all the time
    47 years of machines of all types & sizes
    This one is perfect for us now

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Spyder Garage

My Spyder will be one year old this week. I have really enjoyed getting used to it. After riding 2 wheels for 39 years I needed a change. Bad knee helped the decision along!!
    i have added performance and lighting upgrades. I now have my bike just the way I want it. Not one problem. I really enjoy riding again!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife and i are both on our 2nd 's and we no longer own cars! our 's are our ONLY transportation!! We ryde everyday year long,nuff said.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had mine for almost five years now and have never regretted it. Neither has my wife! Hopefully my broken/dislocated ankle will be healed enough in another month and a half or so so I can start riding again!

Spyder Garage

Default 2nd Spyder

I too love my Spyder, wife likes it better than two wheels cause she does not have to worry about leaning. I am on my second one, first was 2008 Premier Edition GS I took the plunge when they first came out without looking and have not looked back. My second one is the F3-T SE6. On my 6th season now. I too get big grins, thumbs up and little kids running and pointing, (big kids too). FUN all around I am finally selling my Valkerie and sticking to 3 wheels.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ditto and Kudos

I started one of these, love my Spyder posts a few months ago for the same reason. I have the 2013 Percent TL, you know. The one that catches fire, blows up, is impossible to ride from the heat!
    Well, sure that vent gets hot, mine ran cooler than two HDs and one Honda is a recent parade, knock on wood there have not been any problems other than a sticky front lines d, a slow dealer and a lack of responsive Spyder owners to group Ryde.
    imy biggest challenge is its distraction from other things, I cannot stay off the blasted machine. I built a "Spyder Hole" for it, the largest garage I ever owned, Spyder, SUV, workshop and cabinetry all in one place.
    This thing changed my life.
    Worried about breakdowns, hah, I worry more about a flat tyre than anything else.
    i just need to find more owners to Ryde with, the two wheelers get mad when we stop and the park with reverse gear, LOL.

Joe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have not been as lucky as most. I still have not given up on my Spyder... I ride it every day except in the Snow, almost 4 years 59,000 miles plus and would not trade it. I have followed the Spyder since I saw it on the drawing board did my first test ride just before they were released did not get mine till 2012. Keep the rubber side down ride hard and enjoy the ride.... jtpollock

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Trouble free

I LOVE my Spyder!!!
    1 year old next week, 15,900 trouble free miles. No DSS, no heat issues, slight belt vibration over 80-85MPH, which I don't do real often, steady in the wind, great in the rain, no feet down when stopped, never worry about the kick stand sinking in the hot blacktop when parked, can stop on an tapered shoulder and take pics without trying to get the right position so I don't tip over, rear tire cost about 1/3rd of what the Venture tire did to replace, and way to many other things that are right!

I have not been easy on it, of those 15,900 miles, almost 10,000 of the were towing a camper trailer with the bike fully loaded two up.
    Over 100 degrees in Utah fully loaded with trailer and two up in 5th gear full throttle to maintain speed on a seven mile long grade and the trmp gauge never went over the half way mark.
    Towing the trailer we averaged between 32 and 38 MPG, and without the trailer we hit a little over 40MPG.

I feel for those who have problems with theirs, but all I can say about my 2015 RTL is WHAT A MACHINE!

I just need to find more time to ride.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Love from Akron, OH Too!!

We love our RT-S too! Its almost 1 year old (next week) We bought it on a whim-just stopped on our bike to look and maybe test drive a spyder. Next thing we were sitting down to deal. The only problem we have is not enough riding time. As soon as this pesky work thing is out of the way, we will be riding all the time; thanks to all the spyder travelers on this site, I have plenty of places I want to visit.

As I type, my husband is home putting ground effects lighting on our spyder. Our first farkle!!

Thanks for all the good advice from everyone on here.

Spyder Garage

I love my !! Each ride is a joy!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Love my F3!

Spyder Garage

I don't treat my Spyder well. It gets ridden in all weathers and goes weeks without being cleaned. Hangs around for a month or more without being ridden because I'm too busy with work - then suddenly taken off on an endurance rally where its ridden 18 hours or more a day, day after day. Its ridden at high speed, in stop start traffic, on highways and even dirt tracks. Yet its not let me down and shrugs off what's thrown at it.

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default thumbs up

I've had mine for a couple of years now. I have not had any trouble accept replacing the battery, which is considered really part of routine. I had a 2 wheeler before the Spyder and i don't regret the change. It has been a fun machine and i like the attention it gets, especially in my little small town.
    2012 Spyder RT Limited Lava Bronze (Psalm 27:1;Luke 12:4,5)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I LOVE MY SPYDER X2

Just finished the Four Corners[of the USA] on "Pony"!
    My friend, I traveled with didn't like hers..........so my husband and I bought it. We now have 2-2015 RT Ltds in the garage and plan to get started on MANY more miles!!
    Never a problem, falter or misstep from the Spyders - now plans are for Alaska in 2018 - in between, lots of USA - after all, I have to show my honey where I went and what I saw!!
    LOVE our RYDES!!
    Pics pending

Spyder Garage

Picked up mine last Saturday, first spyder and first bike. Love it!

Spyder Garage

Default my spyder"s

I bought my first RT April of 2012, ran it 12000 mi. Not A bit of trouble. I traded up to A new RT on April 2nd 2015. Up until now 7- 14 -2016, I have 6700 mi. on it, and same deal not one ounce of trouble so far. Both good machine's. would not go back to 2 wheels'. I have been riding 60 plus year's.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I saw this thread a little late as I am out riding across the country on my Spyder. Just turned 86,000 miles this morning and will put another 1,000+ on by the time I get home. That's over 10,000 miles in the last 40 days. I guess you could say that I love my Spyder.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Great 2015 F3SE

On our way to Banff Alberta Canada from central Calif and never had any doubts they would provide comfortable trouble free miles. Had many bikes over the years and would rate our F3s' image.jpgas one of the best. On the with a stop over at Crater Lake.

Spyder Garage

Default Banff

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    On our way to Banff Alberta Canada from central Calif and never had any doubts they would provide comfortable trouble free miles. Had many bikes over the years and would rate our F3s' image.jpgas one of the best. On the with a stop over at Crater Lake.
    You will love Banff ( if you haven't been already)?