Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"All is quiet on the Western front..."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

In all seriousness, It's too bad that the BRPCare rep doesn't start an open thread to actively field questions and reply with resolutions (either in the open forum or as private messages). I mean the guy/gal is on the Forum every single day....why not take an active role? It would be a HUGE benefit to us owners, and to BRP.

Spyder Garage

Not much has changed since 2009--the OP in the thread. BRP Care has come in from time to time--but I think they are not going to open themselves up to answer questions. The answers or lack of solution can become controversial quickly.

Think 2013 overheating issues.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hi Hank,

Re: ....why not take an active role?

Because they simply do not care about us.

It is sort of like the US airlines, they love you up until you have purchased the ticket.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Hank,

Re: ....why not take an active role?

Because they simply do not care about us.

It is sort of like the US airlines, they love you up until you have purchased the ticket.

Jerry Baumchen
    Sorry Jerry, but I have to disagree. I have emailed BRPcare three times in the last 12 months with question/issues, and have received a prompt, helpful response each time. They would have to be very careful about responding in a forum, where EVERY word is analysed to the “nth” degree while the individual applies their own personal bias to it, as it could well turn into a rat hole that even rats would have trouble finding their way out of.

Don’t get me wrong, I certainly don’t believe BRP provides a particularly good customer experience, (and a lot of that is down to individual dealers), but I find them no worse than the likes of Triumph, Kaw, Victory etc (my most recent bikes).

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Ok, I'll compromise.

How about if we convince the BRPCare rep on the Forum to post "I'm Alive!" once per month, just so we know he/she is watching and not goofing off on the job?

Spyder Garage

Hi Pete,

Re: I have to disagree

Not a problem.

My post was a result of my personal contacts/experience with BRP. IMO they could not have treated me worse.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post
    Ok, I'll compromise.

How about if we convince the BRPCare rep on the Forum to post "I'm Alive!" once per month, just so we know he/she is watching and not goofing off on the job?
    There was someone on here from BRP not that long ago, who was very helpful, and was a member here. But, at some point the mob mentality took over, and he was attacked, and has been gone for a little while. It became very heated, if I remember correctly, and the plug was pulled.

I still agree with what you are saying about making an appearance.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here's a discussion about BRP Care that I started in January, 2016. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...s-BRPCare-care

Would be worthwhile to reread it. I don't think anything has changed since that thread, which boils down to BRP Care is a large group, not one person only, they monitor SL, or at least used to, but don't actively participate, PMs to them are disabled, and the preferred method to get their support is work with a dealer first, then follow up with an email to brp.care@brp.com.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default 2009 gs

Quote Originally Posted by bigal55 View Post
    Front brake rotors left one is cool right one is hot and only a short distance to cause this effect what wood cause this bike has 60,000 kms.
    Now this is getting plane weird ride for around 10 minutes and all three rotors are so hot you can't touch them and no codes are coming up what the heck is going on?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I've been working with the guys at BRP about getting more involved with the members here on SpyderLovers. As you have seen with the chat sessions on SpyderTalk that may or may not be a good thing for BRP as we may not like their answers.

BRP has classified SpyderLovers as a more "technical savvy" group and felt that instead of a chat session we could ask the BRP Spyder engineers questions here on the board and they will look through all of them and pick out 5 questions to answer.

The first answers should come around the end of April so go ahead and start asking your questions now on this post and I'll send them the link to look at. We hope to do this by-monthly in the future.

This could be a very valuable tool to learn more about the Spyder and it's inner workings. Please be polite and professional in your questions. Thanks
    Lamont: You have got the right thought process, etc. for some dialog. However, based on past history I doubt if they would ever give any honest/straightforward answers to the tough questions? and only respond to 5 questions??? get real.. And no answer til April??? both of those responses are absolutely ludicrous..

I simply do not understand why they would not respond to all reasonable questions and much sooner.. they apparently just don't want to be customer oriented.. the rest of us out here in the real world cannot treat our customers that way..
    Good luck.
    BIG F

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    And no answer til April???
    BIG F
    I think you missed that the OP was in March - 2009!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigal55 View Post
    Now this is getting plane weird ride for around 10 minutes and all three rotors are so hot you can't touch them and no codes are coming up what the heck is going on?
    Your brake pads are sticking...
    Take them out of the calipers, and clean up the pins that they slide on... It's also likely that the pistons are also stuck: retract them, and figure out what is keeping them from moving freely.
    Good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black