I installed a set of Rivco handlebar risers on my 2009 RS this afternoon! I know that this may be old hat to others that have started with a GS or RS and moved on but this bike is new to me.

I feel that I am just average at tinkering skills and I didn't have any major problems with the upgrade. Only problem was my tubing cutters broke when I started on the second handlebar. The cutter just fell apart! I had to go to the hardware store and get another one (I never try to do a project without the hardware store open)! I live in a small town and have to drive 30 miles to a bigger town on Sundays if I need something to finish a project.

I test drove the bike this evening and I can't believe how much better I like this bike with the handlebar risers on it! When I first had the bike I thought the forward lean was OK; but over time it started to bother me. I feel this is the first modification any owner of a RS needs to do to increase the enjoyment of riding this fine machine. Now, I'm going to look into highway pegs and floor boards!