Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I priced the BRP 2 up shock at 900.... I see prices like 255 am I missing something? Elka has on at 599 is that better?
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ron2andia View Post
    I priced the BRP 2 up shock at 900.... I see prices like 255 am I missing something?
    This is what you're after:

http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...BRP//219400739

Are you confusing this with the Fox 2.0 rear shock? That is more of an upgrade.

I have the BRP 2 up shock and it's a big improvement over the standard shock without spending too much. I got a dealer in Florida to price match from the above site and just paid local tax. $165ish all in.

It really brings the F3 up to where it should have been out of the factory. Still a bit soft but accceptable as stock.
    Last edited by monkeyboymorton; 07-27-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Yet another unhappy Spyder owner

My Wife and I just purchased our new 2015 F3S this past February. I found this thread because we are bottoming out and I wondered what to do. It seems like this bike is a money pit. It is difficult to enjoy riding it when everything factory has to be upgraded to be a satisfactory unit. The bike bottoms out, the clutch is hard to pull, and I can hardly close the gas cap. So far it has 500 miles on it. I wish I would have read these threads before I purchased it. I would have picked something else. BRP are you listening?

Spyder Garage

Default Shim it

Has anyone tried to put shim washers under the spring at the bottom? I would think that about 1/2 inch of rise on the spring itself would make a difference.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Shouldn't if you have a 2016 MY F3/F3-S. The new shock owners are asking for is the 2016 replacement. If you have a left over 2015 F3/F3-S that has only just been registered you will have the old shock.

If you look at your shock, see how much spring you can see. If not very many coils it's the 2015 one. If quite a few coils it's the 2016 one. Comparison pictures here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=shock
    The 2016 and 2017 have the same crappy shock. I've seen it on a friends 2017 F3.
    I changed mine out before 150 miles as I believe the bouncing shock contributes to the frame fatigue and cracking that were problems.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    Only lawyers win with class action lawsuits. They use you and your grievance to make money. Once upon a time, long long ago, I purchased a Remington 870 Wingmaster shotgun. There was a class action lawsuit against the manufacturer for a barrel defect. I added my name to the lawsuit and eventually got 20 cents when the case was resolved almost 2 years later. That is a true story. Count me out of any class action lawsuit. I'll get a new shock on my own one day when I determine for myself it is a problem.
    I wouldn't wait. The bouncing of the crappy rear shock contributes to the frame getting fatigued and failing. BRP 'fixed' this with the metal plate that is now standard equipment, but that us 2015 people had to add. That crappy shock will still cause metal fatigue issues over time. The 2-up shock is $160... well worth it for peace of mind and a better ride.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

If you must buy a shock anyway, try to get it replaced under warranty on account of failure. Place a 2x4 against the shock spring and hit the wooden block with a large hammer bending the shock shaft.

Spyder Garage

I have a 16 F3S the rear shock went out on it a couple months ago. BRP replace the rear shock and brake pads because oil got on them but wouldn't pay for labor. dealer ate the cost on labor. I guess I was a lucky one.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am in the process of developing a air ryde system for my F3S. It will have a on board pump that can be adjusted manually. I'll post pictures when I get it done. This will be the first step in several mods that will work with each other.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    I am in the process of developing a air ryde system for my F3S. It will have a on board pump that can be adjusted manually. I'll post pictures when I get it done. This will be the first step in several mods that will work with each other.

Good news. Please keep us posted.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Purchased from Power Sports Warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    This is what you're after:

http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...BRP//219400739

Are you confusing this with the Fox 2.0 rear shock? That is more of an upgrade.

I have the BRP 2 up shock and it's a big improvement over the standard shock without spending too much. I got a dealer in Florida to price match from the above site and just paid local tax. $165ish all in.

It really brings the F3 up to where it should have been out of the factory. Still a bit soft but accceptable as stock.

Thank you for including the link above. I have looked around for this shock and most places are $199 and $50 shipping. I found it at Power Sports Warehouse for $149. I clicked the link to "Estimate Tax and Shipping" and it came to around $31. Then for some reason I just happened to click on the link at the top for "Shipping and Returns" and under that was a link for "Free Shipping." So, my complete purchase was $149. I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my shock.

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

So with my 2016 F3-T, it has a very very crappy rear shock?