Spyder Garage

Default Anyone in Hampton Roads...

...who might be comfortable helping someone (me!!!) take off left side panels to install a gearbrake?

Being a musician, I have TERRIBLE mechanical skills. And trying to remove the mirror and panels is WAY beyond my comfort zone. I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time!

Thanks!
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Cognac

Grip Puppies
    Laser Alignment
    F4 Custom Plus3 Wide with Vent and front blackout
    Baker Built Air Wings
    Ultimate Mid Rider with Driver Backrest
    GearBrake - Smart Brake Module
    Custom Dynamics High Mount Brake Light with Flasher Module
    Lamonster RAM Universal X Grip Cell Phone Holder
    Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff with. 20oz Bottle Holder
    Lamonster FBB Highway Brackets - Dually Trident Black
    Best Warranty until 10/28/2019

Spyder Garage

Default sorry for delay

Quote Originally Posted by gparr View Post
    ...who might be comfortable helping someone (me!!!) take off left side panels to install a gearbrake?

Being a musician, I have TERRIBLE mechanical skills. And trying to remove the mirror and panels is WAY beyond my comfort zone. I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time!

Thanks!
    Just came across this post. If you are installing the Gear Brake Smart Brake module (the decelerometer), you don't really have to remove anything!

I just copied this from my other post, so if it didn't come out ok, just search the threads for Gear Brake.

To install, look for panel that has passenger sensor.
    Lift seat, it's on the left (as you sit on the bike) and for the RT at least, there's a wire coming out of it that connects to the seat.

Pull panel a bit to the left, and you can pop it up enough to get your fingers under it to fish out the brake wire connection.

IF YOU HAVE A TRAILER there may be two, and you want the one on the right. If not sure, disconnect one and step on the brake. If it lights up, you got the trailer line. If not, you got the brake line.

Then plug the Gear Brake module in between the two brake line ends and feed the delecerometer up through that nice hole they already put there.

Put the wires back under the panel and clip panel back into place. If panel doesn't want to lay flat, you probably have a module on it's side. Make sure all connectors are horizontal for a better fit.

Stick decelerometer to the side next to the panel, making sure arrow is facing forward and you have it fairly level. (DO NOT stick it to the seat!)

Easily done in less than 5 minutes! At worst, if your fingers/hands are too big to reach under the edge of the panel, you'll have to take out a couple screws.

Hope that help, sends me a PM if not. I'm in Chesapeake.
    GWRRA Virginia District Director. Because we don't care what you ride, just that you ride safe!

Tri Axis Handlebars / CB & upgraded antenna / GPS & Cell phone integration / Trailer Hitch / FOBO TP Monitors / Black & Pearl Ultimate seat
    Spyder Cuff / Custom Paint / Laser Alignment / Flag Poles / 3rd & 4th Rear Brake & Turn LED's / Gear Brake Decelerometer Module
    A whole bunch of lights from LaMonster and SpyderPops

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

there are 8 members in Hampton Roads but you can also check with the Spyder's to the rescue group on spyder codes app. There may be someone around your area....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys...I followed the above directions and everything went smoothly!!!
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Cognac

Grip Puppies
    Laser Alignment
    F4 Custom Plus3 Wide with Vent and front blackout
    Baker Built Air Wings
    Ultimate Mid Rider with Driver Backrest
    GearBrake - Smart Brake Module
    Custom Dynamics High Mount Brake Light with Flasher Module
    Lamonster RAM Universal X Grip Cell Phone Holder
    Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff with. 20oz Bottle Holder
    Lamonster FBB Highway Brackets - Dually Trident Black
    Best Warranty until 10/28/2019