Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Most likely one of the Heim (sp) links on the sway bar broke. This could be a bad thing and I would get under there and take a look. That happened on out 13 RT. Remember those things are made of plastic!
    Nah, I put aluminum links in. I think I didn't get it tight enough to start with and now it's popping back and forth on the bolt.
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile
    First Spyder: Pearl White 2012 Spyder RT Limited, gone to a good home

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Catch it quick: before it has a chance to damage the screw-hole, where it mounts...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

How often do you have to get this laser alignment done?

Nice article...

http://www.spydercomfort.com/alignment.htm
    Last edited by Papahoosh; 09-28-2016 at 06:21 AM.

Spyder Garage

I had mine Laser Aligned and the left was off 1/8" and the right 5/8". The dealer states all Spyders are aligned with the laser- NOT! I only have 800 miles now and it is becoming better after each ride. Going through sweeping corners is a blast as I lean in and forward , feels like a go cart. I have noticed the air pressure in the tires can really effect this machine, much more than a 2 wheeler. I think I just need to learn how to ride THIS machine and forget 45 years of 2 wheelin.

Spyder Garage

Default Oops- snapped a bolt!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Catch it quick: before it has a chance to damage the screw-hole, where it mounts...
    I got the Spyder up on ramps and checked the swaybar bolts. The right side snugged down about 1/2 turn on each bolt. Nice and tight now. The bottom bolt on the left side, however, turned about 3/4 turn, and then snapped. I was using two combo wrenches, not a ratchet or breaker bar, so apparently I have gained tremendous strength in my arms from ryding!

I'll pick up some 10.9 grade bolts and locknuts and replace them all.
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papahoush View Post
    How often do you have to get this laser alignment done?

Nice article...

http://www.spydercomfort.com/alignment.htm
    Unless You take precautions when you change it....every time you change the rear tire!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Stumpy,
    It's better to bust them as home...

Spyder Garage

Smile Cheese????

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy6Guns View Post
    I got the Spyder up on ramps and checked the swaybar bolts. The right side snugged down about 1/2 turn on each bolt. Nice and tight now. The bottom bolt on the left side, however, turned about 3/4 turn, and then snapped. I was using two combo wrenches, not a ratchet or breaker bar, so apparently I have gained tremendous strength in my arms from ryding!

I'll pick up some 10.9 grade bolts and locknuts and replace them all.
    5 decades ago we used to say the Honda fasteners were made of CHEESE.
    Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Carful about adding extras too soon!

I ride a 2009 purchased used 5 1/2 years ago with under 600 miles on the clock. I had never been on a Spyder but liked the idea. I rode it home 75 miles, a little bit on the interstate and the rest on curvy Missouri roads. It went where I steered it. Trucks and side winds affected my exposed body, but I quickly learned in the first 25 miles that the roadster was very stable and did not react any more to these forces than my car. I have now put 44,000 miles on the machine and find I can corner with any vehicle without trouble. I don't have an add on swaybar or high price aftermarket shocks as I have never felt the need. Perhaps if one wishes to drive on the edge of control loss they might help.
    After my second set of tires I noticed uneven wear and had the Spyder laser aligned, with resulting better even tire wear but little effect on handling. My advise to any new owner is get very familiar with the machine and how it handles before spending a lot on money on after market "improvements" which you may not need for normal riding. A light touch on he handle bars works best. Remember when you first learned to drive a car and constantly over corrected steering until experience taught a light touch and look down the road and not directly in front led to smoother operation. Same applies to the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Cool I love my Spyders!

Quick update: it took a couple thousand miles and a bit of perseverance, but I love my Spyders!
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's what we like to hear!