Spyder Garage

Default SM5 clutch repacement

I seen a video on YouTube of a procedure to replace clutch assembly on a SM5 machine. He used a Barnet clutch kit. Has any one else used this kit on their machine. It is half the price as the BRP kit. I believe he stated that the Barnet kit springs were stronger than the OEM springs. He suggested that you could use the OEM springs on the Barnet plate kit. ? Bob

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

(Barnet Kit)
    Don't know about the Spyder but big V-Twin motorcycles use them and think they are great

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default GOOD INFO SOURCE

You might want to E-mail and PM " DREW " from NJ ..... He has done lots of engine work and may have some good info......Mike

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

DocDoru used a Barnett clutch on his turbo charged GS.

Spyder Garage

Default They are great....

Used them for years on all kind of bikes. When mine goes I will be changing to Barnett's...The stronger springs will not be much of a problem and they make for a better compression...no slippage...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by recordingguy View Post
    I seen a video on YouTube of a procedure to replace clutch assembly on a SM5 machine. He used a Barnet clutch kit. Has any one else used this kit on their machine. It is half the price as the BRP kit. I believe he stated that the Barnet kit springs were stronger than the OEM springs. He suggested that you could use the OEM springs on the Barnet plate kit. ? Bob
    FYI they guy that made that video is pretty good at responding to you.
    Also FYI, I asked him why he had to replace his clutch so early. He told me it was a mistake and did not really need to be replaced. His dealer in AU misdiagnosed the clutch. His problem turned out to be the slave.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black