Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Well I will answer both questions,
    First question the head set will not need to be changed, the amp wires to the speakers only. The model us PBR300x4 and sells for around 279.99. You will take the stock speaker wires and run to the high level inputs on the amp, then run bigger speaker wires back to each speaker. speaker. Each speaker will draw up to 6 amps at full bore.
    • MOSFET output stage
    • 2/4 channel input switch
    • 12dB/octave Butterworth crossover
    • High level inputs
    • Ultra compact chassis
    • Variable 4-6 volt hi level DC offset voltage input turn-on control
    • 1 Year Standard Warranty

Now as to why: The amp is plenty loud but the reason is sound quality. It is a day an night difference especially at highway speeds. While I respect your opinion it is just that, an opinion. I am very careful where and when I play them music loud, so please do not make the assumption that I would disturb people. I am 51 years old and also do not like to hear loud pipes or music (such as when a car pulls up next to me at a stop light). For me the challenge of installing a completely hidden amp was what is was all about. There are times when people want me to turn it up and I am happy to do so, lol.

so if im not mistaken you used your stock speakers and just ran an amp on them?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NOT STOCK SPEAKERS

Quote Originally Posted by Biga48197 View Post
    so if im not mistaken you used your stock speakers and just ran an amp on them?
    I'll help out here, no He didn't ...... He has $ 500.00 (?) Gold series speakers & the total for His system is approx. $900.00 ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

bluestratos, how are you? I'm interested about trying to hook-up an amp to my 2015 can am spyder rt limited audio and was wondering since you have done before, if you mind sharing with me how did you go about connecting the amp to the factory radio. I've already upgraded my speakers and it sounds alot better but I would like to add a amp also. Please help and thanks.

Spyder Garage

https://mbquart.com/shop/products/mo...bile-speakers/ Take a look at these. I have their speakers on my F3

Spyder Garage

https://www.wetsounds.com/catalog/powersportsaudio also check this for all audio amps and controls for weatherproof components I have a 250 watt amp in my frunk.

Spyder Garage

honsfun, thanks. I was wondering how did you go about connecting your external amp to the radio/speakers on your bike. Where did you plug the RCA jacks into, etc. Thanks for your assistance.

Spyder Garage

Hi My system is totally separate from bike. Speakers and speaker pods, amp and controls. Just need to add Power to system.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Add Stinger 5ch in front frunk, cut in 10 sub in right side bag , 8 in mid in left side bag. Changed front and rear speakers to polks. In 2014 rts limited. Customer in very happy.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I added a 300 watt amp from Fosgate Rockford, they have a compact 4 channel unit that is very good quality and reasonable. I mounted it where the satellite receiver would go on the left side of the rear luggage compartment. The body panel complete hides it and it gets a lot off cooling by mounting it to an aluminum plate. The plate mounts to the threaded holes already there, then the amp mounts to that. I used heat transfer paste on the back side of the amp. I also made a simple water shield over the top to keep water off it as when I use a pressure washer it would cause the amp to cut out until it dries.

The amp puts out 75 watts per speaker so you need to match the amps to the speaker or you will blow them. The only ones I could find are from a company called DC Gold, they have both the 4" and 5 1/4" sizes you will need. A minor amount of dremeling is required due to the size of the casing but everything hides by the speaker covers when complete. These speakers are hand made and compared to any other speaker I have tried they are incredible. The base is fantastic and you will hear highs that you never thought were there before.

I also added a bass amp unit in my frunk to get the deep deep base that really thumps but this is not required.
    DC Gold, are they weather resistant ??

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    DC Gold, are they weather resistant ??

Tommy J.
    I was reading your post about you hooking a amp up to your can am spyder and I'm interested in doing the same but not really sure how to go about it. Could you please provide me with some information as to how you wired your amp to the factory audio and still able to control vol, music etc. from the handlebar controls. I've already upgraded my rear speakers to 5.25 and my front to 6.5" with tweeters, but I want to add the amp to push for that deeper bass. Could you please help and thanks in adavance.