Spyder Garage

Default Oil yet again but different!

I have been told that as I use Amsoil synthetic that if I ran low on a trip I could not put a blend or anything else with it that they would not mix. Is this true? From a Can Am dealer.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    I have been told that as I use Amsoil synthetic that if I ran low on a trip I could not put a blend or anything else with it that they would not mix. Is this true? From a Can Am dealer.
    It never ceases to amaze me the BS dealers will throw..............my guess is they don't even sell Amsoil .......Annnnnnnnnnnd what do they think DINO oil is BLENDED WITH - - - CANOLA .................Seriously, you can put in any OIL that meets BRP minimum specs with your Amsoil................and I have the 1330 Ace engine with 22,000 miles and have never added OIL between changes .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike and you are right they don't sell Amsoil only BRP.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me the BS dealers will throw..............my guess is they don't even sell Amsoil .......Annnnnnnnnnnd what do they think DINO oil is BLENDED WITH - - - CANOLA .................Seriously, you can put in any OIL that meets BRP minimum specs with your Amsoil................and I have the 1330 Ace engine with 22,000 miles and have never added OIL between changes .....Mike
    Mike is right. The truth is the same every time. What you get from dealerships sometimes will change with the wind. Fortunately, not all dealerships speak with forked tongue! But really, if they don't know what they are talking about, they should just say so. No one knows it all.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    Here's a quote from the Amsoil website blog. http://blog.amsoil.com/can-i-mix-syn...ventional-oil/

The simple answer: Yes. There is no danger mixing synthetic and conventional motor oil; however, conventional oil will detract from the superior performance of synthetic oil and reduce its benefits.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default There you have it....

Though I recommend that if you have to add oil along the way once you return do an oil change. I would carry a quart along on trips.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Though I recommend that if you have to add oil along the way once you return do an oil change. I would carry a quart along on trips.
    Why change the oil? Mixing in a different brand will not harm anything.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Totally agree with Mike, and I am at 39,000 miles without needing to ever add oil between changes.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OIL CHANGE

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Chewy....Dino + Synthetic = BRP Blended ( which is what BRP recommends )..........So an oil change isn't necessary...............jmho........Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

Chewy....Dino + Synthetic = BRP Blended ( which is what BRP recommends )..........So an oil change isn't necessary...............jmho........Mike

But I go on two points...http://blog.amsoil.com/can-i-mix-syn...ventional-oil/
    the other is incidents during my years in the motorcycle industry were claims were denied from oil related failures because the oil was not all theirs. Things may have changed since then but on an expensive unit like these with so many concerned about the oil to use or not to use it seems you would prefer to have one type in your motor....besides how often does this happen. Once to me....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that if everybody agrees to do what makes them feel best, and NOT make everyone else feels like an idiot for doing the same: we could move on to discussing fuel octane, and tire brands again...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Harley dealers (and HD) used to swear up and down that you could never use any kind of synthetic (blended or pure) oil in your Harley. Disaster would occur immediately!!!!

Then they started selling synthetic oil and suddenly:
    It's the greatest thing ever!!!! If you don't use synthetic disaster will occur immediately!!!!

Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys I feel alot better now! Great info.

Spyder Garage

Default Blurred

Dino and the blur between blended and pure or full. Where does BRP XPS fall? Does it maybe meet or exceed most people's best AmsOil? Food for thought! Got proof either way? Show us!

http://www.consumersdigest.com/autom...-oil//view-all