Spyder Garage

Default Model year 2017: more to come in phase 2...

Posted by "officialspyder" on Can-Am's Instagram page: "There is a two-phase launch plan for the MY17 Can-Am Spyder lineup. Yesterday we launched Phase 1, Phase 2 will happen August 16, so more MY17 product news and updates to come at that time."
    Last edited by ViperWolf; 06-29-2016 at 07:07 AM.

ViperWolf (work ryde & play ryde)
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you think the folks that are busy crying in their beer already, will notice?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

They Better because $21,299 F3 and $23,499 RT AS Starting points is ridiculous!!!
    Makes me Sooo happy I only paid $17,000 (Plus Tax and Reg) for my New 2012 RT sm5 in Oct 2012 AND it will hit 60 MPH in 2nd gear as I'm shifting to 3rd?
    Most cars Give you 3-5 years warranty, Free oil changes and towing for the life of the warranty? And Since 2014 the Sea Doo's are assembled in Mexico???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Had an interesting conversation with BRP Customer service yesterday evening. May not mean much but I think there is some clues. I expressed dismay that it appears with the 2017 product roll out that the entry level RS was going away. They immediately told me the full 2017 product line has NOT been announced, only some early availability models and colors.

I then asked about the ST, response was if I wanted a specific color or option, I had better start looking now or get an order in quickly.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

As usual, some miscues from BRP Marketing. Many did not read the fine print and the speculation has run rampant.

Enough information to "tease" but it has also led to many complaints and statements that are based on us speculating what is going down.

I have made some comments based on what was shown so far. The jury is out until we get "the rest of the story"--as Paul Harvey used to say.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The two-stage roll-out seems to be an increasingly prevalent thing. It used to be that nothing new was announced until the annual dealer convention. Nowadays, most full-line motorcycle brands roll out their off-road bikes and ATVs mid-summer, along with street bikes that are largely unchanged from the current year's offerings. They hold back only their "big news" models for their dealer convention. That is, those that even have conventions, as that is an extravagance that's rapidly becoming an anachronism in this era of network conferencing and virtual reality.

Unfortunately, when you don't HAVE a full line-up of bikes, it can backfire if people think your early announcement is showing your whole hand.

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I notice that in the 2017 RT information: they mention that the passenger gets their own volume controls for the sound system...
    There are no links to further information about this feature: could this be a change for 2017, or is it the same functionality as in previous years?

Spyder Garage

Default Sound right.....

of course mine is still in diapers...now it depends on where you get the diapers.... hang in there...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I notice that in the 2017 RT information: they mention that the passenger gets their own volume controls for the sound system...
    There are no links to further information about this feature: could this be a change for 2017, or is it the same functionality as in previous years?
    On my 2015 RT-S we have separate volume controls now. They are called Sena 10's ... work like a charm

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Willie!
    That reminds me: They've GOT to fix the "PTT" button. I never push the blasted thing, yet the Missus talks all of the time anyway!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "from what I am seeing, I may have missed something, but that seems the only change in the 2017 RTL"

2015 RT Limited Black Matallic
    BAJARon Sway Bar w/Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set
    SPYDERPOPS Bumperskid with LED's
    SPYDERPOPS RT BRT Rear Lighting Kit
    US LED Flag

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    "from what I am seeing, I may have missed something, but that seems the only change in the 2017 RTL"
    I saw that Campaign color, that was VERY nice!
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default 2017 RT Colors

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I saw that Campaign color, that was VERY nice!
    , although someone in another thread called it an "Old Lady color". I especially like it on the RTS, with the black wheels and trim. At the risk of insulting all the folks with Cognac RT's I have to admit I like the Champagne one a little more. (Although I'd rather drink cognac than champagne. )

All told, however I think the color selection for 2017 RT's is a little boring - champagne, blue, or white. I guess they figured that black and red have been overused over the past couple of years. Maybe they'll bring back the brown RTL (Lava Bronze Metallic) one of these seasons, but i kind of hope they don't. Makes mine more unique.

As for "Phase 2" announcements, I'm thinking the the dealer meeting in August will introduce something entirely new to the lineup, since the RS and ST seem to be on the way out. But than again, maybe they will wait for the 10th anniversary year to bring out something really different. One thing is certain - it is hard to "second guess" BRP's marketing strategy.
    Last edited by robmorg; 06-30-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Champagne is nicer to drink, but Cognac is nicer to look at!
    (But they also do very well, if you reverse their roles! )

Spyder Garage

As far as I can tell, "Phase 2" ended up pretty much being a removable trunk for the F3-T. Whoop-a-doo.

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS