Thread: GPS Attachment

Spyder Garage

Default GPS Attachment

My husband has a new F3T and it is a beauty. He wants to attach his TomTom motorcycle GPS to the bike but is at a loss as to the best way to proceed. If you have attached a GPS to your F3 would you please post a picture of your GPS on the bike and/or the mounting? Thanks.
    summerdawn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by summerdawn View Post
    My husband has a new F3T and it is a beauty. He wants to attach his TomTom motorcycle GPS to the bike but is at a loss as to the best way to proceed. If you have attached a GPS to your F3 would you please post a picture of your GPS on the bike and/or the mounting? Thanks.
    I have the TomTom Rider 400 and bought Lamonts F3 Bar Clamp and a 1" Ram Ball. I mounted mine right in the center. I'd take a picture but I just dropped it off this evening at the dealer for some warranty work.

The GPS came with a Ram Mount and a U bar for the handlebar, but I didn't like the way it mounted.

There's a power source right under the left panel and it's marked.

The third picture is from the riders view.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Copperman; 06-29-2016 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Added pictures.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Go to Lamonster Garage site from the HomePage for awesome Farkles!!

Just Go to the SpyderLovers Home Page and hit LaMonsters site, then F3, Handlebar, but be careful....Lots of Goodies There!!

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/handlebar/
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

20160328_181131.jpg

Lamonster handle bar clamp with swivel mount and a added angle plate made by me to keep sun glare down. Works great and looks very clean in my opinion. Had handle bar clamp from RAM before and it looked cluttered.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I have the TomTom Rider 400 and bought Lamonts F3 Bar Clamp and a 1" Ram Ball. I mounted mine right in the center. I'd take a picture but I just dropped it off this evening at the dealer for some warranty work.

The GPS came with a Ram Mount and a U bar for the handlebar, but I didn't like the way it mounted.

There's a power source right under the left panel and it's marked.

The third picture is from the riders view.
    Hi Copperman, I looked for the marked power souce your mention under the left panel but I'm not sure I saw it. I did see a wiring harness with about 20 wires in it, is that what you are referring to? If not, can you please post a picture of the proper power source? Thank you!
    summerdawn

Spyder Garage

Default One more question!

Where do you attach a battery tender to a 2016 F3T?
    summerdawn

Spyder Garage

Hi Copperman, I looked for the marked power souce your mention under the left panel but I'm not sure I saw it. I did see a wiring harness with about 20 wires in it, is that what you are referring to? If not, can you please post a picture of the proper power source? Thank you!
    If you look close under the left panel, there's a group of wires wrapped with what appears to be soft electricians tape. Zipped tied to that is a much smaller wire. If you follow that smaller wire, you'll see it's stubbed out. That's it. From the stubbed end, follow it back a few inches and you'll see a white tag that says, "Customer Accessory Circuit." Peel back the soft tape and you'll see the wire.

I'll see if I can take a few pictures.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I installed a Garmin Zumo to my wife's F3-T. As has been mentioned, there is a customer accessory circuit under the left hand panel.

image.jpgimage.jpg

There is also a GPS power connector and GPS Audio connector under the small panel just below the seat on the LH side. I connected the audio out on the GPS harness to the audio input and it works great.

image.jpg
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

If you will go to lamonster garage he has a very good video on how to run the wires on the left side. It is under the 12 connector he sells.

I am waiting on my electrical hookup for my Garmin to install and the video is very clear and something I am going to try to do myself.

SpyderLady