Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: brp cares

Spyder Garage

Default brp cares

I just got done typing a twenty minute pm to steve at brp cares about my down and out 2015 f3s with spline and pulley issues. wanted to let him know I was disappointed with being without a ride with busy planned weeks ahead for trips and prepaid reservations at campgrounds (non refundable) etc. etc. only to find out that brp doesn't accept pm's!!! now I have to let him know this way that I just found out the pulleys and splines are on back order!!! what does that say??? "there are a lot of f3's with the same issue," or "they have pulled the parts because they are the issue?" can't believe that there aren't pulleys and splines in manufacturing that could be shipped if the parts were ok.!! would like to hear from you as to how long i'm going to without a ride!!

Spyder Garage

Steve has answered PM's when they have been sent to BRPcare in the past. He solved some issues for me when I purchased my 2014.

Sorry to hear of your issue and the backordered parts that you need for your .

BRP seems to be cyclical when it comes to good/bad problem solving issues.

Dare I say that its starting to look like some issues with the F3? This based on many different complaints being posted.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-28-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

From my 2 year observations of BRP I'd suggest that you don't hold your breath. IMO they have NO forward thinking orcustomer service after the sale.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm feeling your pain, and I'm sorry that your bike is down...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Stock.....

Stocking has always been a problem. Don't know why they may only stock production parts cause other suppliers of oem parts don't seem to have a problem. Do hope you can get through and make your frustration clear to them. Keeping my fingers cross they can get you a solution as soon as possible....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Steve has answered PM's when they have been sent to BRPcare in the past. He solved some issues for me when I purchased my 2014.

Sorry to hear of your issue and the backordered parts that you need for your .

BRP seems to be cyclical when it comes to good/bad problem solving issues.

Dare I say that its starting to look like some issues with the F3? This based on many different complaints being posted.

must be something new, but when I got done typing the pm and hit submit, on the top of the screen I got a special notice that brpcares does not accept pm's! try it and see what happens. let me know if you get thru. thanks!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    must be something new, but when I got done typing the pm and hit submit, on the top of the screen I got a special notice that brpcares does not accept pm's! try it and see what happens. let me know if you get thru. thanks!!
    Same just happened to me. I guess the times they are a changing.

Try a regular e-mail brp.care@brp.com This also worked for me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Spyder Garage

I sent Steve a PM about a week ago and got the same response. I had to chuckle, knowing full well why BRPCares no longer accepts PM's. I just found another avenue to get BRP my message.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You won't. After I posted a rant about BRPCare doesn't care Steve got back to me. BRP Care is a group of about 20 people who monitor all sorts of social media, not just SL. They have monitoring software that picks up pertinent messages but it does not monitor PMs. At my suggestion they started posting the message you saw about not using PMs.

The best way to contact BRP Care is through the contact page on the BRP website or direct email at the address above.

For the complete discussion of this issue read this thread. I suggest you read it all the way through as Steve gives a good explanatory response near the end. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=brpcare

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2 months 2 days

Hope you get your bike fixed sooner than I did. 2014 RTS SE6 down 2 months 2 days at dealer for diagnose and repair head gasket, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I too just sent a disgruntled letter to brp.care, probably they won't get it or even respond back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercamp13 View Post
    Hope you get your bike fixed sooner than I did. 2014 RTS SE6 down 2 months 2 days at dealer for diagnose and repair head gasket, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I too just sent a disgruntled letter to brp.care, probably they won't get it or even respond back.
    I guess we're both going to need a little luck!

Spyder Garage

wow, all I can say is wow!!! I sent an email to steve at brp.care@ brp.com and heard back within the hour. he is getting someone on this in the morning first thing. all I can say is wow!!! thank you all for the info and way to get ahold of him!! maybe there will be some sunshine tomorrow!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's to hoping that the light you see at the end of the tunnel...

light-at-end-of-tunnel.jpg

...isn't an oncoming train! Fingers Crossed.gif

Spyder Garage

I had a reply to my tweets this morning from @OfficialSpyder and @BRPcare apologizing for my problems on Saturday and asking me to send an email with my VIN explaining what happened.

I'll update with what happens.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Really hope all goes your way ..finally. Its such a bummer that this happened to you not once but twice! Pray they come through for you buddy.

Spyder Garage

wow, all I can say is wow!!! I sent an email to steve at brp.care@ brp.com and heard back within the hour. he is getting someone on this in the morning first thing. all I can say is wow!!! thank you all for the info and way to get ahold of him!! maybe there will be some sunshine tomorrow!!!
    Sorry to 'hear' of your issues. Glad BRPCares was contacted and responded. Good Luck my friend....

Spyder Garage

Gee, surprise, surprise, BRP cares, doesn't care enough to hear from you. Great concept on their part.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Hasn't Changed

I have owned 2 Spyders, 2009 RS and 2012 RT, and had no problems with the RS. Had the orange screen of death several times with the RT which caused me to trade it. I could never fully enjoy my rides when in the back of my head I kept wondering when it was going to shut me down again. Can Am has had plenty of time to make Spyders reasonably reliable but they have not done so. On top of that it is hard to find a good dealer and many of you have posted about the hassle of trying to get something out of the home office. Can Am charges a hefty price for a machine that might get you there or it might not. Please - I don't want to hear about those of you who have made trips of thousands of miles with no problems. That's not the point. The problem with Can Am is the people who make it - they don't give a damn and as long as people like many on this forum keep buying them they never will give a damn. I now ride a very reliable motorcycle and that is a Yamaha, my 3d, and I NEVER worry about the bike breaking down on me - EVER. Why am I posting this? I have continued to pop in on Spyderlovers to see what is going on in the world of Spyders and keep informed about what's new and hoping that someday things would change but alas - over the years nothing has changed. I will continue to check in and read many of your posts but I will never leave Yamaha again - proven the most reliable and trustworthy motorcycle in the world.

Spyder Garage

Doing better than reports on Corbin's service Sorry your having such problems hope all turns out well

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default I agree

Yeah, I purchased Corbin. Talk about not having a clue as to what is going on.

Joe

Spyder Garage

At around 2:00PM the OP created this thread with a legit beef.
    He could not communicate with the person at BRP whom he believed could help him.

Hope I used whom correctly.

Amongst the usual bashing and negative posts were some that offered some useful information.

The OP took the initiative and followed through.
    At 6:00PM his issue was on its way to a resolution.

Maybe shaking your fist and yelling at the sky isn't the best way to get BRP's attention.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And "dnd": I'm glad to hear that you finally found the right bike for yourself...Wave to us, when we pass by you!

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Love your other bike, ok

DND I am glad that you have found a bike that you are settled on. I am disappointed that you had a bad experience with the Spyder.

All of that being said, I remember that my grandfather always and forever drove Impalas, he had a particularly bad one in the 60's but he continued to buy them, call him an idiot if you wish. I had a real problem for a long time with a Buick, it would just quit running, perhaps at highway speed and allow me to just drift to a stop, it might be 50 miles maybe 260 but it would happen, this went on for a year. Eventually they found it and fixed it.

This does not mean that there are not many people who are satisfied and running with few problems. Yes, I am one those that you don't want to hear from, tough noogies to you, I am vocalizing it anyway, go ride your Yamaha, I don't care.

In a recent manufacturers meeting they reminded us that it was a standard for decades that if someone is unhappy with a product they tell 25 others, if they are happy they tell two others, but times have changed, now if they are unhappy they can tell 20,000 people in 30 seconds, you are one of those.
    Sinc you settled on another product, good for you, now take your negativity elsewhere.

This site is very constructive in general but it is also dangerous as one could focus on the people with problems while overlooking the quiet ones or the many people enjoying a good product. Frankly I would not even write this post if you had not said you don't want to hear from the liars that say they are happy, go pound salt, big guy. I have the right to praise the product more than you have to be here when you don't even want or own one.

Joe
    Last edited by Buckeye Bleau; 06-29-2016 at 07:56 AM.
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderCodes View Post
    At around 2:00PM the OP created this thread with a legit beef.
    He could not communicate with the person at BRP whom he believed could help him.

Hope I used whom correctly.

Amongst the usual bashing and negative posts were some that offered some useful information.

The OP took the initiative and followed through.
    At 6:00PM his issue was on its way to a resolution.

Maybe shaking your fist and yelling at the sky isn't the best way to get BRP's attention.
    I always try to maintain my cool. Sometimes it is hard, but I want to thank all of you that jumped in with the helpful contact info and thank Steve and his Team. At brp cares for jumping on this problem this morning. I have had four contacts via email this morning and my dealer has had two phones calls as well and it appears a fix will happen a lot faster than anticipated! BRP does care!