Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20s Group Connection Question

Is this possible with the Sena 20s?

Let's say there are 4 of us riding together (2 couples) all with Sena 20s's. Each couple would like to be intercom only with the other person but would like to be able to intercom with all four at times, while riding.....can one of the couples, using the Sena mobile app, connect up with the other couple while riding? And, can the opposite couple connect up through the Sena mobile app if they desire to?

In other words....say each couple is able to talk to each other and the other couple can talk to each other without the other couples hearing them but say couple "A" wants to stop for lunch can one of them connect up all four riders when they desire to?

AND, can
    couple "B" do the same thing if they desire to?

Thanks for any help....

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post

Let's say there are 4 of us riding together (2 couples) all with Sena 20s's. Each couple would like to be intercom only with the other person but would like to be able to intercom with all four at times, while riding.....can one of the couples, using the Sena mobile app, connect up with the other couple while riding? And, can the opposite couple connect up through the Sena mobile app if they desire to?

In other words....say each couple is able to talk to each other and the other couple can talk to each other without the other couples hearing them but say couple "A" wants to stop for lunch can one of them connect up all four riders when they desire to?

AND, can

Thanks for any help....
    Did you do a search of the forum? I know the search function can be more than mildly frustrating at times, but occasionally you can find just the perfect gem, if you're lucky to have used the best terms.
    In any case, your answer just happens to have been posted a few days ago! I believe it applies exactly to your situation. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=1#post1147600

I admit. I wouldn't have know this answer was there if I hadn't have just read it a couple of days ago!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Simple answer is YES you can.

IF you all have he Smartphone app installed it's very easy to setup a Group Intercom

AJ

AND, can

Thanks for any help....

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I know the group settings work well on the Sena 20s but I could not find where two different groups can each connect up the group during a ride independently of each other…I'll check out IMS's link and see if that is one I had not found that describes what I am talking about..

As far as the search option goes….for me anyway…..75% of the time I search for something it ends up in frustration because it doesn't contain what I am looking for and I have to do a lot of reading to comments that don't actually apply…many times I find just what I need but most of the time when someone replies right back I find out the info I need and I get to thank someone for the help….

Thank you for your help with this, I appreciate it...

Spyder Garage

To answer your question, YES and this is exactly how we set up our groups. Pairs for each couple then a second link to one of the other couples.

When turning on the Sena, tap the jog dial button once to link to your partner, tap twice to link to the other couple you are paired with.

The Sena is not really in group mode at all. Each headset is only linked with one or two other headsets.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

1. Both parties just tap the jogger to link to their partner only
    2. Setup a group containing all 4 riders

When you want ALL to communicate use GROUP, when you only want to communicate with partner tap jogger.

OR

Each twosome setups TWO groups; 1 coup contains partners, 2nd group contains all 4.

AJ

I know the group settings work well on the Sena 20s but I could not find where two different groups can each connect up the group during a ride independently of each other…I'll check out IMS's link and see if that is one I had not found that describes what I am talking about..

As far as the search option goes….for me anyway…..75% of the time I search for something it ends up in frustration because it doesn't contain what I am looking for and I have to do a lot of reading to comments that don't actually apply…many times I find just what I need but most of the time when someone replies right back I find out the info I need and I get to thank someone for the help….

Thank you for your help with this, I appreciate it...

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Great you all....thank you very much....I appreciate it a lot!