Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust..slip on ?

I really want to get rid of my factory exhaust...it sounds...well...crappy! Looking for a slip-on. I ride a 2014 ST Limited.
    I like the sound of the HMF...can't get a Hindle, they don't seem to supply to BRP anymore.
    and I think 2 brothers would be too loud.
    Help!!!

Spyder Garage

The best setup would be to start with a primary muffler bypass or what is refered to here as a cat delete sold by Pitbull. Then add the muffler of your choice. I got a great deal on my Akrapovic. It was 350.00 off when I got it. The results are a spyder with a deep baratone note and you can feel the added power. Stock The spyder sounds like a sewing machine. Now it sounds more Harleyesk but the note is deeper but not as loud. Being a twin, it sounds more like a twin should sound.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Akrapovic silencers cost more but what you get is built with titanium and carbon fiber. They are considered the best in the sport bike community and you could easily pay double what they are asking for the ones for the Spyder.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

BTW Pittbull is a sponsor of Spyder Ryders and members get a 20% discount.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    The best setup would be to start with a primary muffler bypass or what is refered to here as a cat delete sold by Pitbull. Then add the muffler of your choice. I got a great deal on my Akrapovic. It was 350.00 off when I got it. The results are a spyder with a deep baratone note and you can feel the added power. Stock The spyder sounds like a sewing machine. Now it sounds more Harleyesk but the note is deeper but not as loud. Being a twin, it sounds more like a twin should sound.
    Thanks for all ur info...can u send me a picture of ur set-up? ...a sound clip?
    im not mechanically inclined..lol but Hubby is and is asking me these questions.

Spyder Garage

Akrapovic is pricey but looks and sounds great...especially with the two baffles removed from the end cap.

1934766_1287742007918935_1499064824150637800_n.jpg20150425_174510.jpg
    2013 Spyder ST Limited...Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Fog Lights, Backrest, Spyderpops BumpSkid, 2014 cooling panels, BajaRon swaybar, Fox shocks, RS-S mag wheels...
    2014 Spyder RT-S, Spyderpops BumpSkid, BajaRon Swaybar, TricLED lighting, Magic Mirrors, Akrapovic Sport Silencer...

Spyder Garage

The silencer is great but the combination of the silencer and the Cat bypass is over the top. I put my baffolds back in after I got my Cal Scientific windshield because it was too loud. The larger windshield kept the sound in. That was before I got the bypass. This past weekend was my first experience with the bypass with the Akrapovic with the baffold on. It feels and sounds 100% better. Much more power also. It feels like a new bike. My wife rides a new Harley with Vance Hines pipes and I now like the sound of my Spyder better.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

This is the best I could do trying to get a good pic, My bags hide it pretty good.

2016-03-13 15.30.12.jpg
    Last edited by AY4B; 06-27-2016 at 10:20 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited