Spyder Garage

Default Elka Stage 1 shocks

Hi all,
    I have a 2011 RT with Elka Stage 1 shocks. I had the OEM on with them tightened down all the way to 5. While we were in Michigan with the OEM at 5 the bike rode pretty good. I had the Elka's installed at Spyderfest about two years ago. They were not adjusted and since then every corner it feels as if the inside tire wants to come off the ground. I don't drive fast and this has caused me to slow down in corners. I sent Elka an email about 10 days ago but still have not heard anything from them. Tonight I tightened the shocks 2 turns. I know this raises the front of the bike but will it help the cornering. So far not real impressed with the Elka's. May be looking for a set of the 2011 RT OEM shocks. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Hi rhansen,

Re: I sent Elka an email about 10 days ago but still have not heard anything from them.

I was talking with them earlier today at 1-800-557-0552.

You might try that,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi rhansen,

Re: I sent Elka an email about 10 days ago but still have not heard anything from them.

I was talking with them earlier today at 1-800-557-0552.

You might try that,

Jerry Baumchen
    Ok thanks.