Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate seat

I have read all the post and have now ordered the ultimate seat for my spyder , can't ride any longer then a couple of hours on the stock seat . I have chosen the one that moves the rider 2 " closer to the grips and looks more of a lean back position instead of falling fwd. hope I have made the right decision.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I never tried the ultimate, I wasted my money on a comfort seat. I'm thinking about the Tall boy.

Spyder Garage

Default Opinion of comfort seat

My new customized to fit me - Russell Day Long seat will be here next Monday. My friend received his custom seat today. I've had this seat position altered to move me ahead 1 ", the wife's passenger seat altered and raised 3 inch's so she can look over me like she wants to do, instead of leaning/peeking around my head all the time. I've had Russell's before and for $800 and a guarantee to work I'm sure this will be as good as the last three were. They can with-in reason fit you however you like. No, I don't get paid by Russell Day Long, just a big fan of their seats. I'll post pic's when I get it. safe riding.
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I been really happy with the ultimate seat . I can ride for hours and still be comfortable.

I went with tall boy and moves you back and up a bit. So you will be further away from the handlebars with the tall boy seat

Everyone is different as to comfort levels..So hope you make the right decision.

Anybody around your area may have a seat you can try first. Maybe ask the dealer and see if they have any you can try out?

Spyder Garage

I have gentleman over here on the forum selling a pristine comfort seat but I'm also worried about how my butt will feel against it and will I hate it or not. I have called a couple of dealers and none of them have it so my question is how do I try one and see if it fits me well?

Also if a backrest is needed then it's better to go with ultimate seat right? That's what I've gathered so far.

Spyder Garage

Cool

I rode my 2012 Spyder RS with the OEM seat for some 3K miles before I upgraded to the BRP Comfort seat. Honestly, my butt couldn't really tell the difference.

After another 5K miles my butt finally adapted to riding as opposed to sitting in a car or truck seat, but I can't really say the Comfort seat was any more or less comfortable than the plain OEM seat was. The Comfort seat mainly just looks better IMHO, it's a styling upgrade more so than a comfort level upgrade.

Butt, that's just my opinion. If you get it at a good price it's a nice styling upgrade, butt your butt will probably just need a couple thousand more miles of riding time before it stops complaining.

ps. Your butt won't hate the upgraded seat it certainly isn't worse than the OEM seat, but it won't be celebrating it either.

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    I rode my 2012 Spyder RS with the OEM seat for some 3K miles before I upgraded to the BRP Comfort seat. Honestly, my butt couldn't really tell the difference.

After another 5K miles my butt finally adapted to riding as opposed to sitting in a car or truck seat, but I can't really say the Comfort seat was any more or less comfortable than the plain OEM seat was. The Comfort seat mainly just looks better IMHO, it's a styling upgrade more so than a comfort level upgrade.

Butt, that's just my opinion. If you get it at a good price it's a nice styling upgrade, butt your butt will probably just need a couple thousand more miles of riding time before it stops complaining.

ps. Your butt won't hate the upgraded seat it certainly isn't worse than the OEM seat, but it won't be celebrating it either.

- Michael
    Thank you for your reply. I was also worries because if that's a case i'd rather get something which my butt will thank me for and so will my back. I want to take a trip from NY - FL and my upper back starts hurting after an hour so I want to make sure I am all ready and prepared for it and trying to do as much research as possible.