Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited radio issues

I have a 2016 F3 Limited and can't get radio stations good! The dealer has replaced the radio module that was sent from Canada but still no fix or solution. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Mods:

Spyder Garage

I've only listened to my radio once or twice. I'll try to listen a little more and maybe set the stations.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Yes, I have a reception issue

I particularly like the weather band and reception is very poor. Considering an amplified antenna.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Yup!

Reception is poor!! I live within 10 miles of N.Y.C. and all full power stations cut in and out as I ride.

So, I put XM satellite radio on my phone and Monster Garage's $20 Bluetooth receiver connected via glovebox and all is perfect now!
    Last edited by vdoman; 06-20-2016 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Spyder Garage

Reception sucks and that's polite. Haven't brought it up yet with a dealer yet. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep, same here, reception sucks big time. Friend (radio expert) suggested checking to see if the antenna cable is tight and properly grounded to the frame. Might check that myself or have the dealer do it.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Bob View Post
    I have a 2016 F3 Limited and can't get radio stations good! The dealer has replaced the radio module that was sent from Canada but still no fix or solution. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Do you have any aftermarket led lights on the vehicle? If you do, try disconnecting them.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderCruiser View Post
    Do you have any aftermarket led lights on the vehicle? If you do, try disconnecting them.
    NO NO NO... The aftermarket LED lights take priority over some silly radio!
    Last edited by Copperman; 06-21-2016 at 10:51 AM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default FWIW,

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderCruiser View Post
    I have no after-market anything on my Spyder
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I checked the radio ground and antenna connections, both tight. Good reception with engine off, engine running reception very, very bad. LED lights come on when key in on position so if they were the culprit would think they would interfere with radio reception whether engine was running or not. Guess a trip to dealer is in my future.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

yes i also have very bad reception with my f3 triple also had a speaker that was working when it wonted to

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Called dealer today. He will open a case file with BRP to see if they have any specifics on how to trouble shoot the problem. Dealer says sounds like a grounding issue since the reception is good with the engine off but goes to hell in a hand basket with the engine running. Also reception improves significantly when the engine is running if I touch/hold the antenna.

I'll listen to my iPod tunes, which sound great thru the F3-L stereo speakers, while waiting on BRP.
    Last edited by SpyRyd; 06-23-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Spyder Garage

Spoke tomy dealer today. First he has heard about it. Says it may be a grounding issue. Will wait till my 3,000 service. Key on. engine off, no difference. Did the hold the antenna trick, no difference. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dealer called me said that BRP asked if radio reception improved with accessories turned off. Only accessories I have that can be turned off are OEM fog lights and Garmin 590 GPS. So, I started my F3-L, reception poor, turned off fog lights, reception poor, turned off GPS, reception poor. Reported same to dealer.

BTW: BRP responded to dealer within hours of receiving the case file. I didn't really expect that quick of a response.

Spyder Garage

Reception sucked on my 2013 STL. It sucks really bad on my F3 Limited and I don't really care. I don't use it. I stream iheart radio and when I have no cell reception I start listening to my playlist on my cell phone.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds Like.....

Sounds like I should just skip the Limited and get the F3T without the radio and save myself much more than enough to install an aftermarket stereo system. Thanks for the "heads-up"!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default bad reception

dealer sent notice to brp said they have not had issues they told him to put antenna off rt on it to see if that helped waiting on them to get one

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RECEPTION

I have a 14 RT, but I think the info is relevant......My reception was not great with the OEM antenna, so when it broke I had to replace it...... I did with a collapsible one with a cable that attaches directly to the Radio ( un-like the OEM set-up )... My point is IMHO you and others have an ANTENNA RECEPTION issue as long as the system has a good ground......Sirius XM is fantastic , however if you go under something like a highway overpass it will completely CUT-OUT .......do you need a NEW radio module !!! .... NO , because it was a RECEPTION issue .....The antenna couldn't receive the signal........good luck....Mike

Spyder Garage

Default F3 radio issues

I have a 2016 FT3 with audio and I have no problem what so ever with mine.. so I dont know what the problem could be .. sorry..

Spyder Garage

The reception on my 2013 ST L is good. Almost as good as my ford escape.

What has been commonly reported by RT owners and by one STL owner, that I know of. Bad reception was caused by too much loctite on the antenna threads. Unscrew the antenna and clean off the loctite. Only apply new loctite on the last thread before tight. Reinstall. This has fixed the problem for many. It may be different for F3.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 f3t with a factory installed radio and reception is not very good compared to my truck radio hopefully someone comes up with a fix.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dealer said BRPs recommendation is to replace the shorty antenna on my F3-L with a longer one that used to be on the older models. Asked dealer if the longer antenna was as long as the antenna on the RTs and he said yes.

I fiddled led with the radio antenna yesterday on my F3-L. Disconnected the ground and cleaned the connection...didn't help. Guess I'll opt for the longer antenna with the understanding that I'll want my shorty antenna back if the longer antenna doesn't fix the problem.

Spyder Garage

Ya know, my mother used to say, "If you don't have something good to say, don't say it." Well, I've violated that a lot in my lifetime. I never did understand the radio on a motorcycle thing. No radio, no problem. The more moving parts something has, the more potential for problems. At least that's how I understand it. No offense to anyone!
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default radio

dealer put longer antenna on radio still not good

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Good news

I would never listen to the radio, as there is nothing, with the exception of a SF Giants game, on the radio worth listening too. So I can't say how the reception is on mine!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.