Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    To Pete and Peter - in my first post on this ( 131 ) after I said HI .... I said .... IMHO ...... many people don't know when they are getting shafted .... and maybe that isn't the case here .... ( but I'm betting it is )...... I wonder how many people have had the valves checked ( allegedly )on their 990/998 series V-twins for approx. $ 600-700. Only to discover ....they were never checked .... but charged ...... because the Dealers are well aware that the valves RARELY need adjusting below 50,000 miles.....Ask " Spyderjockey " about His V-twin !!!!!....... Yes, I lost my faith in dealer honesty a long time ago......... JMHO...... Mike
    Yeah Mike.......I agree completely with you on that......I was just saying that this dealer should get the benefit of the doubt until Bytemi has the chance to evaluate what they have done. Then she will either continue to use them, or make it difficult for the dealer principal to walk straight for a long time !
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bytemi View Post
    The closest dealer that I have, keeps the bikes outside and keeps them for months even for simple oil change, so we decided to go a little further out this time 45 minutes from the house and try this new dealership. So far no complaints. The brake thing is weird but they did what asked quickly and on time. Now I know why I was unable to adjust the drivers mirror. My next dealership will be an hour away and run by the same dealership as the close one, so I am hoping this one works out..

I'm not worried about the cost of BRP goodies, I am the person that truck bed lined her spyder for $30 instead of buying phantom panels. I can be creative at times.
    Truck lined your bike. There should be a picture there somewhere.

An hour away is pretty good unless it has to be trailered. My mechanic (certified Spyder mech, private business) is about 80 miles away on SouCal freeways, meaning you might get there in an hour or two. If you can state the name the name of the dealer MAYBE one of the readers will have a rant or rave.

PS: I have a feeling that BRP is watching this thread. They love the good PR as most businesses do but BRP especially. Lots of bad things said about them in this forum throughout the years, some deserved, most not, lotsa whiners on this forum. Play your cards right and you might get a call from Quebec.
    Last edited by Desert Spyder; 01-04-2017 at 11:38 PM.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to say that riding with MS is difficult at times for me to. I have had it since I was in the marine corps in the 70's. Chronic pain mostly for me, scoliosis and wheelchair bound...but that didn't stop me from riding again. I started out on a scooter trike setup and found that I could indeed ride...that's when my search for a can-am began. I am still tweaking the spyder but I have completed the hand brake kit from ISCI, a mount from ISCI as well. I have several floorboards from seal to harley type boards dropped about 4 inches lower than the stock peg. Which is very comfortable and I think I will leave it for a while. I will try the seal out soon, its just a few other things were more important...like oil change, spark plugs...all around maintenance by the book. From a member here at spyder lovers I will be doing the gas fill move on my rs se5. I have to get off the bike to fuel up...so that's a very important fix...bad weather forecast is going to delay it but I will start soon and plan on recording a video and post the fix. Well that's all from me...I just wanted to throw this in the mix maybe help others get out there and ride again...matter of fact..I am heading back out myself before the cold feta here tonight...only in the 30's for the next few days...bye now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spyder Garage

Good for you! Enjoy the Ryde!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    Truck lined your bike. There should be a picture there somewhere.

An hour away is pretty good unless it has to be trailered. My mechanic (certified Spyder mech, private business) is about 80 miles away on SouCal freeways, meaning you might get there in an hour or two. If you can state the name the name of the dealer MAYBE one of the readers will have a rant or rave.

PS: I have a feeling that BRP is watching this thread. They love the good PR as most businesses do but BRP especially. Lots of bad things said about them in this forum throughout the years, some deserved, most not, lotsa whiners on this forum. Play your cards right and you might get a call from Quebec.
    I did an entire how to with step by step pictures for the truck bed lined Spyder. If that didn't get BRPs attention nothing will. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Breathing New Life into Forgotten Treasures

DerBayzVintage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scadarick View Post
    Just wanted to say that riding with MS is difficult at times for me to. I have had it since I was in the marine corps in the 70's. Chronic pain mostly for me, scoliosis and wheelchair bound...but that didn't stop me from riding again. I started out on a scooter trike setup and found that I could indeed ride...that's when my search for a can-am began. I am still tweaking the spyder but I have completed the hand brake kit from ISCI, a mount from ISCI as well. I have several floorboards from seal to harley type boards dropped about 4 inches lower than the stock peg. Which is very comfortable and I think I will leave it for a while. I will try the seal out soon, its just a few other things were more important...like oil change, spark plugs...all around maintenance by the book. From a member here at spyder lovers I will be doing the gas fill move on my rs se5. I have to get off the bike to fuel up...so that's a very important fix...bad weather forecast is going to delay it but I will start soon and plan on recording a video and post the fix. Well that's all from me...I just wanted to throw this in the mix maybe help others get out there and ride again...matter of fact..I am heading back out myself before the cold feta here tonight...only in the 30's for the next few days...bye now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If you send me a PM I would love to send you one of my MS support bracelets or I can convert it to a keychain. If you don't like the MS orange, pick a color for the beads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Breathing New Life into Forgotten Treasures

DerBayzVintage

Spyder Garage

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk