Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

My wife also has MS and loves to ride with me. She is affected by the heat and can only be out for a short times which is very frustrating for her. I am considering the cooling vest for her. Could you tell me what model and where did you got it. The one you had on the picture appears to have a smaller pack then the ones I saw on line. With her on the back I'm not sure where I put the pack on the RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1369 View Post
    My wife also has MS and loves to ride with me. She is affected by the heat and can only be out for a short times which is very frustrating for her. I am considering the cooling vest for her. Could you tell me what model and where did you got it. The one you had on the picture appears to have a smaller pack then the ones I saw on line. With her on the back I'm not sure where I put the pack on the RT.

We purchased the system on Amazon. It weighs about 3 pounds when full. I wore it as a messenger bag on my side with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/CoolShirt-Dra...rt+system+vest
    Breathing New Life into Forgotten Treasures

DerBayzVintage

Spyder Garage

So I contact Coleman's yesterday and asked them about a test rider, so I could see how I did on the Spyder. The salesman told me that they only allow test riders on the used models, so I would have to take manual for a test ride. Now I don't know about you but if I go to buy a car, I don't test drive a used similar model to the one I want and I definitely, don't take a manual out if I am looking to get an automatic.

Does this seem right to yall?

DerBayzVintage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It seems overly cautious... I have to assume that they don't have a used semi-auto available?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It seems overly cautious... I have to assume that they don't have a used semi-auto available?
    They do not have a used Semi, plenty of new ones on the floor. Is it weird Bob?

DerBayzVintage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I suppose that folks are swapping in their "SM" bikes, and becoming as "shiftless", as the rest of us!
    Do they have any "Program bikes", that the sales staff is riding? My dealership usually has one of them bombing around... They don't LIKE to loan it out; but will if circumstances warrant it...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They don't have any RT models with the SE6 as a demo????
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    They don't have any RT models with the SE6 as a demo????
    Apparently they do not, I don't know. I contacted another dealership, it is further away, but we will see what they say.

DerBayzVintage

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info, I think we look in to this. It may help my wife with longer rides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1369 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I think we look in to this. It may help my wife with longer rides.

It it might help her participate in family functions too. My daughter softball games kill me and now I can regulate my body tempature without duping water over my head ever five minutes.

DerBayzVintage

Spyder Garage

What is the different between an RT and a ST?

I like this Spyder, it is speaking to me:

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...ITED-118820370

but what is the difference between the two. I need opinions please!

DerBayzVintage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to see that you might have found one!
    The ST is a re-configured version of "Stealth Billie"
    Here's some pictures of the seating positions:
    Ergos RS.jpgErgos RT.jpgErgos ST.jpg
    I hope that this helps!

Spyder Garage

Default MS

I too have Multiple Sclerosis, I was diagnosed in 1996 but I still continue to ride. I will ride early in the morning or late in the evening, I am 53 years old and riding is still in my blood. The only Medicine that keeps me going is Tecfadera and my Spyder because my balance is not too good. I have been retired 12 years and on Social Security disability, I find the Spyder to be one of my life lines.

Spyder Garage

I'm glad to see that you might have found one!
    The ST is a re-configured version of "Stealth Billie"
    Here's some pictures of the seating positions:
    Ergos RS.jpgErgos RT.jpgErgos ST.jpg
    I hope that this helps!
    Yes that helps a lot Bob and we all know how much i Loved Stealth Billie!

DerBayzVintage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    I too have Multiple Sclerosis, I was diagnosed in 1996 but I still continue to ride. I will ride early in the morning or late in the evening, I am 53 years old and riding is still in my blood. The only Medicine that keeps me going is Tecfadera and my Spyder because my balance is not too good. I have been retired 12 years and on Social Security disability, I find the Spyder to be one of my life lines.
    I was diagnosised on April 1, 1996, just reached me 20 year mark! I am 41 and kicks me sometimes but I kick back. You should look into the cool shirt system for heat control it is awesome!

DerBayzVintage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bytemi View Post
    Yes that helps a lot Bob and we all know how much i Loved Stealth Billie!
    As the pictures show: your feet will be a bit more foreword, and the bars will set you a bit more upright.

It's about like an RS: with the seating position of an RT...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"What is the different between an RT and a ST?
    I like this Spyder, it is speaking to me:"
    http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...ITED-118820370

Adele,
    Has the ST been saying anything else to you???

Spyder Garage

Default Multiple Sclerosis

I know it may seem silly to wait for motorcycle air conditioning, but when you stop function if you overheat it is a necessity. I wish I didn't need it and I could just suck it up like Erik does.
    I love your spirit! I was diagnosed in Dec 2001. When I turned 60, 3 years ago, I decided I wanted to ride backseat. I did. Loved it and in Michigan the time of year was great because it was Sept Oct. cider and donut weather- cold...fantastic time...returned to AZ and wanted to ride, had to find a singles club, the haves and have nots...so as a havenot I got to ride backseat on trips with haves...nice liked that a lot. was doing that and looking online for a beau and someone pulled up to meet me (he had told me he had one)with this red fully dressed crossroads victory touring mc....hey I was hooked. bwahahahaha! he was tall he was big and he had a big bike...how could I lose...so here we are today living together. He encouraged me to go to MC school. I did. got my license and he bought me a victory vegas 8 ball last year....goodness talk about handling, speed, getting out the way of people...I loved it BUT almost every time I pulled up to a stop sign, over I would go...on the hwyway bar. Balance issues. I got tired of playing the damsel in distress and having guys stop and help me get it back up so I could ride away like a bat out of hell. It was over 600lbs. It was fun. I love my very first bike but eventually I had to come to terms with the fact I couldn't do it...I cant ride a bike I truly love ,how it looks, feels and rides....soooooooo and with him gone all the time trucking he said he was afraid for me, and if I was honest with myself, I was afraid also that I would screw up sooooooooo he took me to see a can am spyder..rt... intense red. I had a another problem with the vegas everytime I wanted to ride I had to get my courage up to hit the street...NOT HAPPENING with the RT. Instead of my car I am riding that mc out of my garage every time I can...market, gym, just to go get an ice cream cone...I love it...BUt the reason for this reply I have heat issues. I have questions. and I will tell you this...when its over 100 I don't ride here. Its got to be 100 or lower and sort of cloudy...1. are there moveable vents/louvers I can use on an RT? link? 2. do you have a link for the air conditioning you ordered (shirt) 2b Does it really keep you cool? 3. do you use a full face or half helmet...my full face is sooo heavy...looking for a lighter helmet. My name is Tina. I am pleased to meet you. You are a role model for me...thank you!

Spyder Garage

We purchased the system on Amazon. It weighs about 3 pounds when full. I wore it as a messenger bag on my side with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/CoolShirt-Dra...rt+system+vest

thank you for the information

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by marty1096 View Post
    I love your spirit! I was diagnosed in Dec 2001. When I turned 60, 3 years ago, I decided I wanted to ride backseat. I did. Loved it and in Michigan the time of year was great because it was Sept Oct. cider and donut weather- cold...fantastic time...returned to AZ and wanted to ride, had to find a singles club, the haves and have nots...so as a havenot I got to ride backseat on trips with haves...nice liked that a lot. was doing that and looking online for a beau and someone pulled up to meet me (he had told me he had one)with this red fully dressed crossroads victory touring mc....hey I was hooked. bwahahahaha! he was tall he was big and he had a big bike...how could I lose...so here we are today living together. He encouraged me to go to MC school. I did. got my license and he bought me a victory vegas 8 ball last year....goodness talk about handling, speed, getting out the way of people...I loved it BUT almost every time I pulled up to a stop sign, over I would go...on the hwyway bar. Balance issues. I got tired of playing the damsel in distress and having guys stop and help me get it back up so I could ride away like a bat out of hell. It was over 600lbs. It was fun. I love my very first bike but eventually I had to come to terms with the fact I couldn't do it...I cant ride a bike I truly love ,how it looks, feels and rides....soooooooo and with him gone all the time trucking he said he was afraid for me, and if I was honest with myself, I was afraid also that I would screw up sooooooooo he took me to see a can am spyder..rt... intense red. I had a another problem with the vegas everytime I wanted to ride I had to get my courage up to hit the street...NOT HAPPENING with the RT. Instead of my car I am riding that mc out of my garage every time I can...market, gym, just to go get an ice cream cone...I love it...BUt the reason for this reply I have heat issues. I have questions. and I will tell you this...when its over 100 I don't ride here. Its got to be 100 or lower and sort of cloudy...1. are there moveable vents/louvers I can use on an RT? link? 2. do you have a link for the air conditioning you ordered (shirt) 2b Does it really keep you cool? 3. do you use a full face or half helmet...my full face is sooo heavy...looking for a lighter helmet. My name is Tina. I am pleased to meet you. You are a role model for me...thank you!
    Hi Tina,

It is nice to meet you. If you send me a PM I will give you my email address, please feel free to email me any time. Sometimes with MS, support and an open ear helps more than anything else. I have a number of friends and we are each other support group! Just an offer!

As for your head heating up, get a buff (I know what the hell is a buff) here is a link from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...-keywords=buff, I have about a dozen different ones so I can match my mood. LOL. Anyways, wet it down with cold water and put it on your head (yes you look like a cancer patient, but whatever), it will prevent your head from overheating. Yes, the shirt really does work, it is a little expensive, but yes it works.
    534370_4183189016608_2008885843_n.jpg

I always carry extra bottles of water on ice so if it drys out I can rewet it, but honestly just wetting it works too, the cold water just makes it last long. You can also get a frogtog and wet that and put in around your neck, the collar of your jacket will hold it in place. That will help to keep your core cool, plus the vest and the buff you shouldn't even notice the 100 degrees outside. When it comes to heat, I've learned to control it the best I can. My daughters love the fact that they get handed ice cold water and get the command dump it over my head (LOL) it makes them feel empowered! I hope this helps and please!!!!!!!! send me a PM. I am here if you need support, even if it is not Spyder related!

DerBayzVintage

Spyder Garage

So they changed my medication again because the tremors are out of control. About week after starting the new medication I looked at Erik and said I don't want a Spyder, I can't do it. About a month later, Erik look at me and said stop taking the new medication, it is turning you into a vegetable, you just lay in bed and don't want to do anything. Stop it now!!!!!!!! He was right, I stopped working on store, lost interest in doing anything other than going to work and going to bed. The meds are out of my system now, so I am more active and trying to rebuild things that I let go.

I know that it might sound crazy. I work a full time job 40+ hours a week running an IT Department and I run an online store selling Vintage and Antiques, actually I'm expanding into a handmade section and making Rosaries, which I have to say a little difficult with the tremors, but they help me to train myself to control the tremors so I will continue down this road. We are also in the process of expanding past the Etsy store and we are going to start hosting online estate auction using our own Auction web site (not ebay). I am hoping that the auction site, plus the Etsy Store will give us enough that I stop the full time job and have some breathing room, since disability is not an option.

So am I still search for a Spyder, YES..........., but I never completed my test ride to see if I am physically capable of riding, so we are back on that road too.

So in summary, medicine is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I should have learned my lesson the first time. I need to control these tremors and MS all on my own!!!!!!

DerBayzVintage

Spyder Garage

Default MS

I have had MS for 30 years and has not stopped me from riding, I have to ride early in the morning then close to sunset here in Texas, I have balance problems, I was almost in a wheel about 12 years ago, I am on Tysabrie and it has really helped, I have been on all the medications and this one works, Fatigue is my worse problem, weakness and heat is the worst of all.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Adele,
    Thanks for the update, and I wish you the best of luck in your ongoing battle!

(BRP has a Spyder owner's event in Maggie Valley this weekend; how far is that from you?)

Spyder Garage

Adele,
    Thanks for the update, and I wish you the best of luck in your ongoing battle!

(BRP has a Spyder owner's event in Maggie Valley this weekend; how far is that from you?)
    It is about a 7 hour drive.

DerBayzVintage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know if you're up for a trip like that, but here's a link to some more information.

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shows-and-events.html

EDIT: The posted dates are incorrect...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ggie-Valley-NC
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-02-2016 at 07:56 AM.