Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Maybe someone is just a real Spyder hater.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    Problem I see is that it was supposedly a 2010 RT, but the video keeps flashing a newer F3 which leads the public to believe that the Newer Spyder's wil leave you "burning in the ditch". I feel somebody is not happy with their ride and are editing this old video for their own agenda. Mac
    Actually the reason for the F3 is that BRP loaned out a few of the F3 models to people to act as ambassadors. They were to attend bikes night and BRP events to help promote the bike and the brand. As the President of the NE Chapter of US Spyder Ryders the F3 was loaned to this guys wife to be an ambassador in the Jacksonville area. She didn't attend any Spyder events or BRP events so they took the bike back. The request to take back the bike was before the fire I do believe but it was a few years ago. That is why you see the F3 in the video. Misleading for sure.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Actually the reason for the F3 is that BRP loaned out a few of the F3 models to people to act as ambassadors. They were to attend bikes night and BRP events to help promote the bike and the brand. As the President of the NE Chapter of US Spyder Ryders the F3 was loaned to this guys wife to be an ambassador in the Jacksonville area. She didn't attend any Spyder events or BRP events so they took the bike back. The request to take back the bike was before the fire I do believe but it was a few years ago. That is why you see the F3 in the video. Misleading for sure.

CJ JAX
    Figured something was up. Just thought it looked weird to flip-flop between what caught fire and then show a new model. Bad press in my opinion. Mac

Spyder Garage

Default VIN Recall notices available at Can Am website ~~ says the Can Am response

The link in the message takes a reader to a JAX4 News website where there's a Can Am response:

"BRP is not aware of the incident in question. The customer should contact his dealer or BRP's customer service department at (888) 272-9222 so that a proper investigation can be conducted. Owners can access recall information on the Can-Am Spyder website, and they can enter their VIN directly to determine if a recall was issued on their vehicle."

However, when I try to locate that VIN lookup the Can Am website, it states: "Your authorized Can-Am Spyder dealer is equipped to verify if there are any outstanding safety bulletins or recall notices applicable to your vehicle using your VIN. There is no charge for this service." (https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/about-us/Frequently-Asked-Questions.html).

Seems like a PR person didn't check the facts .... Caven
    Caven Mcloughlin; caven@kent.edu

Spyder Garage

Default ....and....

Quote Originally Posted by Bytemi View Post
    Wow OK, so when I start look at new Spyders, they start exploding and catching fire. It might be better for BRP if I just stop looking for one.

When I got Billie, 2008 Premier Edition, the next week the reports of them catch fire was first announced.
    .....did Billy caugh fire...?

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

BRP has walked back plans to name the "$10,000 Spyder" the "Pinto".