Spyder Garage

Default Hooking up LED to work on brake and running lights

I am trying to hook up some new LED's on the back of the Spyder to work on both the brake and running light circuit. I know that custom dynamics has a "dual converter". Has anyone made their own and if so what are the specifics?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    I am trying to hook up some new LED's on the back of the Spyder to work on both the brake and running light circuit. I know that custom dynamics has a "dual converter". Has anyone made their own and if so what are the specifics?
    I added a few led strips. One in the seam for each saddle bag and one in the frunk seam and one in the seam below the frunk. Tied directly to the running lights with no issues for a couple of years. I added a high mount brake light and put it on a flasher module.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    I found a YouTube video that helps on how to do this. It involves the use of a couple diodes and a resistor in a simple circuit.

This may help others.

https://youtu.be/MEf9AE6edUY
    Last edited by gazunni; 05-30-2016 at 04:05 PM.