Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Full-Size Brake Pedal

Big Bike Parts just came out with a full-size brake pedal for the Spyder. I installed it on my RT and am very pleased. It feels much more secure to have the pedal extend more than halfway across my foot. A bonus is that it seems like you don't have to press as hard to get strong braking when you need it. The best part is it was only $29.95. Here is a link.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=41-179&GroupGuid=16

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice...

This is a nice looking and from your review working extention for the brake pedal...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Works great on my RTL and it matches the floorboards.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on a GREAT choice for your bike!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Good information. Choices, choices.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Big Bike Parts just came out with a full-size brake pedal for the Spyder. I installed it on my RT and am very pleased. It feels much more secure to have the pedal extend more than halfway across my foot. A bonus is that it seems like you don't have to press as hard to get strong braking when you need it. The best part is it was only $29.95. Here is a link.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=41-179&GroupGuid=16

I have a brand new one for sale, it didn't work out with the limited movement in my right foot. I wish that I could use it!
    $20 free shipping in the US
    Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woodyaa View Post
    I have a brand new one for sale, it didn't work out with the limited movement in my right foot. I wish that I could use it!
    $20 free shipping in the US
    Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have almost no movement of my foot, but fortunately it's my left foot. Whoever buys your pedal is getting a good deal.

Spyder Garage

I like the idea of a larger brake pedal but with my size 14's, that leaves much less room for my foot on the floorboard. They need to come out with a wider floorboard brake pedal combo. I like the idea of a wider floorboard because I push off on the outside foot on curves and turns and find myself throwing my ankle out wide with the inside of my foot left to push to get the leverage I want.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Full Size Brake Pedal

2 questions:

1) Will this pedal also fit the park brake position?

2) Will it fit a 2010 RSS? The website says "Fits ALL Spyders", but the description states "2011-newer"

Thanks guys!

Spyder Garage

Added the petal, but, the extra weight has to tendency to put enough load on the petal to activate the brake lights. If I lift up on the petal it shuts off the lights. Is the stitch adjustable or has anyone put a bigger return spring on the brake?

Spyder Garage

26.00 from Amazon a REAL size brake pedal right where my foot expects it to be

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wd8ajj View Post
    Added the petal, but, the extra weight has to tendency to put enough load on the petal to activate the brake lights. If I lift up on the petal it shuts off the lights. Is the stitch adjustable or has anyone put a bigger return spring on the brake?
    I've heard of that happening before, but the new pedal on mine doesn't do that. It works just fine. I don't have any useful advice for you, but I wanted to say hello to someone from Las Cruces. I lived there for many years, graduated from NMSU and even though I lived several other places before moving to LC, I consider it to be my home town.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Nice and good price, I made mine six years ago and love it.brake pedal.jpg
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

spiderfloorbd 004.jpgThis my floorboard and brake pedal I made
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like the bags.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I've heard of that happening before, but the new pedal on mine doesn't do that. It works just fine. I don't have any useful advice for you, but I wanted to say hello to someone from Las Cruces. I lived there for many years, graduated from NMSU and even though I lived several other places before moving to LC, I consider it to be my home town.
    I still haven't found a fix yet, but getting ready to The event in Utah in a week maybe someone has found one.
    As far as Las Cruces goes, been here 9 years and moved to the east masa and now it's growing like a weed. New Walmart out here and the town is about 102000 recorded people now. Traffic has gotten to be a problem. Was only 70K when I moved out here with NASA.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wd8ajj View Post
    If the pedal does not stay up you probably just need to bleed your brakes. They should not be that soft.