Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    ... I've been studying this forum to learn all I can about Spyders in preparation for purchasing a new RT Limited. The last two weeks have been an eye opener.

No longer considering a Spyder. I'll pass.
    Too bad. The Spyder is an excellent machine. Most are riding trouble free. Go to any forum for any machine and you'll find it can be depressing if you're not looking at it with the right perspective. And that is that forums, such as this one, are not advertising campaigns designed to sell the product. Instead, they are sources of information to get things fixed.

It's like going to an emergency room to decide whether or not you want to be a part of the human experience. The emergency room is where things get fixed. Not the best place to decide whether or not life is worth living.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 05-29-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by romaine View Post
    ...I called I called BRP's Roadside Ass. Service 866-477-1415 gave them my VIN number. Was told they have no record of the VIN being registered and I need to call the dealer. Told BRP R.S.A. the dealer is closed on Sunday & Monday. Was told to call a wrecker myself and then talk to dealer about paying me back. Hope this is not the level of service we should expect of BRP.
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Because nothing happens in the Spyder world without BRP's permission they should take responsibility at some level for the most important component in this process. Customer satisfaction.
    I strongly agree with both romaine, the new new owner, and with Ron. As others have said, this is probably not BRP's fault. But the type of reception this brand new owner got on the phone from BRP customer service is sadly all too common. BRP Customer Service most often handles owner problems correctly and fairly in the end. But unfortunately, I've also found that getting to that end can certainly be frustrating, and often requires customers to have an inordinate amount of patience - especially when making the initial phone contact with them. I have often stated the opinion that BRP should undertake some serious training in customer sensitivity with their phone reps, as well as initiate common sense solutions that actually allow their support staff to better support their customer base. Here is just one more example of that need.

To romaine, I would add... Hang in there. Once you learn the ropes of dealing with BRP customer support, it gets better.
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-29-2016 at 02:08 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    I strongly agree with both romaine, the new new owner, and with Ron. As others have said, this is probably not BRP's fault. But the type of reception this brand new owner got on the phone from BRP customer service is sadly all too common. BRP Customer Service most often handles owner problems correctly and fairly in the end. But unfortunately, I've also found that getting to that end can certainly be frustrating, and often requires customers to have an inordinate amount of patience - especially when making the initial phone contact with them. I have often stated the opinion that BRP should undertake some serious training in customer sensitivity with their phone reps, as well as initiate common sense solutions that actually allow their support staff to better support their customer base. Here is just one more example of that need.

To romaine, I would add... Hang in there. Once you learn the ropes of dealing with BRP customer support, it gets better.
    There are great dealerships out there that will bend over backwards to make things right. We hear about them occasionally. And I think the negative ratio we see here is probably out of balance with the actual percentage of good to bad dealerships. This kind of negative response to a genuine customer need hurts everyone. It's too bad we can't give appropriate kudos to the good ones and appropriate feedback to the bad ones.

An area in the BRP structure that does need some work.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

On Saturday the BRP dealer replaced the one week old 2015 RT Limited with a new 2015 RT Limited 2015 RT Limited at not cost to me. Hope we are off to a better start now. First 25 miles no issues. Once I get a few hundred miles on the new RT Limited hope the wife will ride again.
    That's very good news. Best of luck with your wife.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    This is not a service bulletin but a WARRANTY bulletin - All warranty bulletins should be also be sent to owners!
    I agree with you. Unfortunately, BRP uses the terms interchangeably. There are no "Service Bulletins" - they are all called "Warranty Bulletins". I believe BRP should issue both... "Service Bulletins" sent to dealers with general information, dealer instructions, etc.; and "Warranty Bulletins" sent to both applicable owners (as determined by VIN#) and dealers that cover items than can potentially have a negative impact on owners.

I realize this is not done in the automotive industry, but the reality in the recreational or sport vehicle industry is that the variance of dealer quality is such that relying on dealers to inform all customers of such issues, does both BRP and their customers a disservice. That will always be the case. I'm truly surprised that BRP does not realize that, and adopt a better approach with respect to their customers. If they do realize it, they seem not to care about it, for some reason known only to them. I suppose they figure it would be a poor strategy from a marketing perspective. If so, I believe they are wrong about that, and that issuing warranty bulletins to affected customers would go a long way toward building brand loyalty for them.
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-29-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I've been studying this forum to learn all I can about Spyders in preparation for purchasing a new RT Limited. The last two weeks have been an eye opener.

No longer considering a Spyder. I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Too bad. The Spyder is an excellent machine. Most are riding trouble free. Go to any forum for any machine and you'll find it can be depressing if you're not looking at it with the right perspective. And that is that forums, such as this one, are not advertising campaigns designed to sell the product. Instead, they are sources of information to get things fixed.

It's like going to an emergency room to decide whether or not you want to be a part of the human experience. The emergency room is where things get fixed. Not the best place to decide whether or not life is worth living.

Obviously, Ron is correct. Well said, Ron.

Moxie, you've been monitoring this forum for almost 9 months now, not just two weeks. In all that time, you must have also read enough positive statements about the Can Am Spyder to realize that what Ron says above is true. If you follow the course you just suggested you will not be sorry - but only because you will never realize all the good times you will have missed out on. I hope you reconsider.
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-29-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On Saturday the BRP dealer replaced the one week old 2015 RT Limited with a new 2015 RT Limited 2015 RT Limited at not cost to me. Hope we are off to a better start now. First 25 miles no issues. Once I get a few hundred miles on the new RT Limited hope the wife will ride again.
    KUDOS to your dealer for being a stand-up dealership. My perspective is that these types of dealerships are far and far between. Hope your new RT Limited is trouble free, and that your wife will come around.
    Last edited by MikeT; 05-29-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Now this is what I call a stand up dealer! Big thumbs up to this dealer!

Spyder Garage

Default My VIN isn't on the list either--according to my dealer---but getting paranoid----

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    Thank you for the clarification/correction.

My dealer did not notify me to arrange inspection of mine - just last month my 2015 F3-S was at dealer for first service: I asked what warranty/service bulletins and recalls were performed and was told only the frame reinforcement bar (which I previously told them about so parts could be ordered in advance) was done. Need to call them and setup another service visit.

This warranty bulletin states: "All involved customers need to be notified, all involved units must be corrected as per instruction herein." IMHO - this is a strange way to run a business - leaving it up to dealers to inform owners of a "warranty" issue - just like frame reinforcement bar for F3's. Especially for a known potential part failure that can leave one stranded and or in a dangerous highway situation or worse an accident.

This is not a service bulletin but a WARRANTY bulletin - All warranty bulletins should be also be sent to owners!

The confusing part is that a "limited quantity" of F3/RT's have this problem - indicating BRP found and corrected this problem (super!), so one would think they would know at which production unit number (VIN) that there were corrected at factory, and potentially when it started.

One might assume (always dangerous) that my GBPS has not failed after one+ years that I am OK. Will have it checked anyway.

The GBPS has always been a sore spot for me anyway - had to replace it twice in my 2008 Spyder - fortunately failure only caused dash to flash warning light and gear indicator light to show "E." However, Spyder shifted and ran fine - maybe because SM5.

If I knew how to setup a POLL on this forum I would, it would be interesting to find out how many 2105 F3/RT owners were and were not notified by their dealer of this or any other "warranty bulletin." Maybe even a generic poll on notification of warranty bulletins (not warranty recalls).

OK I am done - ranting and raving - not fully awake up all night playing Destiny - please forgive - need more coffee Leaving post and not deleting just because I think this is a generic issue - BRP warranty bulletin notification method.

OOPS! My Bad - just called my dealer - assuming my dealer told me the truth (trust but verify) - According to my dealer this Warranty bulletin identifies F3/RTs by serial numbers that are affected and mine is not one of them - so is there another sheet to this bulletin - if yes please post for verification.

On my New 2015 RT Limited, I asked the dealer to see if my unit is one with a potential problem. They informed me my VIN# is NOT on the list. (Thank God) however, I saw someone else post on here not long ago that their VIN# wasn't on the list at first but when he checked a second time, low and behold his was on the LIST.

Needless to say I am getting nervous and paranoid that my new 2015 might leave us out there somewhere stranded too. Is an un-easy feeling. Between the gear position sensor and the DESS key code --those are two biggies in my book. Just been praying a lot and so far all is good but I only have 700 miles so far on the new unit.

2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Folks if you think this and BRP is bad try buying a Motorhome or Toy Hauler/Travel trailer. I have owned 7 Motorhomes and 2 Toy Haulers. Problems with these products are tenfold compared to BRP products. RV's are not Federally Regulated and one has little recourse in solving problems. BRP is normally pretty good. It is the dealers honesty, morality and desire to please the customer that seems to be the problem here. Most BRP dealers are owned by large conglomerates of automotive origins. (Ride Now Sports--40+ BRP dealerships) Ride Now Sports is owned by Coulter Cadillac. Son-in-Law Bill Nash is CCO. They also own numerous Harley dealers throughout the country. Do you think a large conglomerate like this cares about your little problems?????

BRP gives exclusive Franchises to these large groups because they have deep pockets and can weather the glitch's in the downturn of the economy. This is a fact of life.

I try to build a relationship with someone at these dealers whom you feel you can trust and who will go to bat for you. Of course building a working relationship works two ways.

I don't have all the answers but I know dealing with large corporate Franchises is very frustrating. You need to have a relationship with one standup guy or gal there who will go to bat for you. Normally the Franchise dealer could care less as long as the bottom line is good and BRP cares about how many units they sell.

Bottom line, I have to agree with Ron of Baja Ron Bar Fame. Re read his post.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I agree with them , i spent some model of Spyder , and never had any trouble on them , some things wrong in during assembly from dealer because dealer they have to build up all accessories from factory.

Spyder Garage

Was the dealer able to confirm the problems?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    On my New 2015 RT Limited, I asked the dealer to see if my unit is one with a potential problem. They informed me my VIN# is NOT on the list. (Thank God) however, I saw someone else post on here not long ago that their VIN# wasn't on the list at first but when he checked a second time, low and behold his was on the LIST.

Needless to say I am getting nervous and paranoid that my new 2015 might leave us out there somewhere stranded too. Is an un-easy feeling. Between the gear position sensor and the DESS key code --those are two biggies in my book. Just been praying a lot and so far all is good but I only have 700 miles so far on the new unit.

me---irv toms
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post

Obviously, Ron is correct. Well said, Ron.

Moxie, you've been monitoring this forum for almost 9 months now, not just two weeks. In all that time, you must have also read enough positive statements about the Can Am Spyder to realize that what Ron says above is true. If you follow the course you just suggested you will not be sorry - but only because you will never realize all the good times you will have missed out on. I hope you reconsider.