Spyder Garage

Default Putting on Seal floorboards

I just purchased a set of Seal floorboards from a member on this site. Will I have to remove my forward pegs and mounting hardware to install them? I am expecting the boards to get here tomorrow or wednesday, and will take the front pegs off today, if I need to remove them. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

It has been awhile since i used Seal Floorboards but if i remember correctly you do not remove the pegs ................. the floorboards mount to them, all you remove is the rubber covers.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    It has been awhile since i used Seal Floorboards but if i remember correctly you do not remove the pegs ................. the floorboards mount to them, all you remove is the rubber covers.

Cruzr Joe

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    What he is saying is correct, but you will have to remove the forward, pegs that you show in your picture. They cannot be used with the floorboards. I have the Web boards, and they are the same concept. The only exception is if you were to order the mini-boards (which I did). With those, you can use the forward pegs. Good luck.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default forward pegs

I think this is the answer that I was looking for. I did not know if I would have to take off the forward pegs or not. I have not been too happy with the forward pegs anyway, they put my feet out too far, and not far enough forward. Also, my right foot gets hot from the radiator heat through the opening on the right side,(took me a while to figure out why my ankle was getting hot)!! Hoping the Seal floorboards will allow my foot to be forward enough to be comfortable. If not, I have another idea for getting my legs stretched out in front of me and relaxed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hager-spider View Post
    I think this is the answer that I was looking for. I did not know if I would have to take off the forward pegs or not. I have not been too happy with the forward pegs anyway, they put my feet out too far, and not far enough forward. Also, my right foot gets hot from the radiator heat through the opening on the right side,(took me a while to figure out why my ankle was getting hot)!! Hoping the Seal floorboards will allow my foot to be forward enough to be comfortable. If not, I have another idea for getting my legs stretched out in front of me and relaxed.

Just as a suggestion, if you add the year and model of your Spyder to your signature, then folks will know which model you have when you ask a question, different Spyders require different answers.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Some people use the slight turn up on the full length boards sort of like a forward peg. I tried a friend of mines, and decided that it still didn't allow me to stretch out my legs with out sprawling them apart. Therefore, I opted for the mini boards. This allowed me to put my feet as far forward as the plastic piece in the front would allow, without having to have my legs too far apart.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Profile edited

I tried to edit my profile to add the picture and information as you suggested. Now I will see it it worked.

Spyder Garage

Editing my profile did not work, will try again later----

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just purchased a set of Seal floorboards from a member on this site. Will I have to remove my forward pegs and mounting hardware to install them? I am expecting the boards to get here tomorrow or wednesday, and will take the front pegs off today, if I need to remove them. Thanks.
    HI,

Congrats on getting a set of my Seal Floorboards. They are designed to be BOTH Floorboards and Hwy. pegs. From the placement of your rider pegs, I would say they will probably need to be taken off, however, it looks like a close call. I would not remove them until you can "lay up" your new Seals on the rider pegs (without the rubber pads and hook the rear tab in back. They might fit. If you need any help, please call me at 503-502-7222. I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Spyder Garage

I might also add that the Plastic Wings up front are NOT designed to put your feet on. You run a very real chance of braking them.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

While putting on my forward pegs, I noticed that the black wings are not meant for any pressure to be put on them, so I have not done that. Don't mind if I have to take the forward pegs off, as they put my feet too far apart anyway. I plan on coming up with another solution, if the floorboards don't let me stretch out enough. UPS has come up with a new plan to make sure my floorboards don't get here too quickly. They started out in Shrewsbury MA coming to my home in eastern Indiana. Yesterday they went through Indiana on I 70 within 5 miles of my home, on the way to Hodgkins Il, which is over 100 miles west of here. Now, they have to come back over 125 miles to Centerville Indiana before they get to my house. What a novel idea, why didn't I thing of that????
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

While putting on my forward pegs, I noticed that the black wings are not meant for any pressure to be put on them, so I have not done that. Don't mind if I have to take the forward pegs off, as they put my feet too far apart anyway. I plan on coming up with another solution, if the floorboards don't let me stretch out enough. UPS has come up with a new plan to make sure my floorboards don't get here too quickly. They started out in Shrewsbury MA coming to my home in eastern Indiana. Yesterday they went through Indiana on I 70 within 5 miles of my home, on the way to Hodgkins Il, which is over 100 miles west of here. Now, they have to come back over 125 miles to Centerville Indiana before they get to my house. What a novel idea, why didn't I thing of that????

I love how UPS and the post office love to do that to me also. I don't know if it's just too people in Indiana, or other places also.
    I hope the sealboards work great for you.

Spyder Garage

Well, I got my Seal floorboards put on my 2009 RS SE, and I like them a lot. When I installed them, the brake was under the floorboard on the right side with no adapter to make it work through the slot in the floorboard that I am pretty sure was meant for the brake to stick through. I made my own piece to make is work out of aluminum stock I had available. Does anyone know if there is a factory piece made to work with these floorboards??
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure there is one. You should have got it with the floorboards. Good thing you improvised.

Spyder Garage

I bought the floorboards from a member of this forum. He may have just forgot to put them in the box, or lost them. Maybe someone will come up with the piece I need, and let me know.

Spyder Garage

PM or email me and I will set you up with a Brake pedal. The previous owner forgot or lost the Brake Extension. ,It will go thru the slot on the Right side about 2" forward of your stock brake. Much more comfortable. I want you to ......
    Ride in comfort
    John