Spyder Garage

Default XK Chrome Spyder Lighting Project

Finally completed my Spyder lighting project using the XK Chrome, 16.8 million colours, Bluetooth system. Has duel lighting zones (left and right), synchronizes to music, manual control of both zones with strobe and breathe modes, and a great safety feature where all lights turn red when you step on the brakes?

Last edited by gazunni; 05-21-2016 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Link not working

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post

Finally completed my Spyder lighting project using the XK Chrome, 16.8 million colours, Bluetooth system. Has duel lighting zones (left and right), synchronizes to music, manual control of both zones with strobe and breathe modes, and a great safety feature where all lights turn red when you step on the brakes?

Says this video is private - doesn't play
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

working now - super cool
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

working now - super cool
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

Nice Job! How many lights did you do and Where did you make the brake connection? I have not done the brake wire yet.
    Last edited by AY4B; 05-22-2016 at 08:27 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default i too have

just installed these LED's and they are awesome. Have hooked them to the brake lights and it turns the whole bike red. Haven't quite figured out how to upload video yet but here are a few pics. I went with the 8 piece kit 4 pods and 4 strips
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

The problem is, the app has a store and the system can be expanded to lots more lights. I got a 12 light set and ordered 2 more along with a set of the 2 foot extention wires. I could add 4 more to get it how I want it.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Nice Job! How many lights did you do and Where did you make the brake connection? I have not done the brake wire yet.
    I purchased the 20 light set with 10 pods and 10 3-LED strips. Could have used 4 more.

As as for the brake light, I made an OEM 5 wire connector that is on the left rear tail light that is also used for my Show Chrome third brake light. It is spliced into that OEM connector so I have no splices into the original wiring.

Spyder Garage

Default brake light wiring

i have an LED license plate (cycle gear) and I wired it into the OEM connector, removed pin and weatherpac seal ran wire into connector and soldered it pin, put it back together then tied xkchrome to the license plate wiring
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I was looking to see if there is a wire local to the fuse box near the frunk where I have the control module. It could save running a wire the full length of the Spyder.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I just updated the XK Glow App. It has a new feature. Its called Speed.It looks like a speedometer gauge. Im not sure how it works, Maybe gets brighter the faster you go?
    On the Speed screen lower right corner,press and it goes to acceleration and the gauge reads G's
    Last edited by AY4B; 05-25-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default You are

correct I have tried it but on the speed setting seems to stay the same color i guess i need to slow down , i like the breath option, makes it look alive
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I went out to try the new features last night. The speed function, you can go to multiple colors menu the same as the theme menu that has Christmas joy, Passion heat..., only the colors change at different speeds. you can adjust the range of where it changes also by sliding your finger up and down the speedometer. Switch it to Acceleration and you can also go multiple colors the same way but it has more action. you can also adjust the G's to change faster or slower. I like it a little slower so it is not quite a distraction. I really like the new features and may leave it set there whenever I turn it on.
    2017 F3 Limited