Spyder Garage

Default F3-T dash panel turn indidcators - dull

The turn signal indicators (little green L/R arrows) are very hard to see in the daylight. Is my dash settings wrong? Or are they just plain not bright enough? The turn signal cancellation circuit works better than any bike I have ever had.

I am coming off a 2008 GS manual trans. (5 years riding). So I am not new to a Spyder.

The 2016 F3-T SE6 is night and day. 8 years of improvements.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Dull? Yeppers

Quote Originally Posted by No 2817 View Post
    The turn signal indicators (little green L/R arrows) are very hard to see in the daylight. Is my dash settings wrong? Or are they just plain not bright enough? The turn signal cancellation circuit works better than any bike I have ever had.

I am coming off a 2008 GS manual trans. (5 years riding). So I am not new to a Spyder.

I have had six spyders since 2010 and all of the displays have been and still are pitiful. BRP must never ride their bikes out in the sunlight. My new F3T Limited is the worst. I live and ride in Florida and this is the sunshine state for a good reason.

Come on Brppers people, pay attention.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why are you even looking down there? Head and eyes up....Hit your turn signal, make your turn, then cancel it manually. There really is no need to look down for the little light.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

^^ Wot 'e says!!

And if you somehow manage to mess up manually turning it off, the nanny will do that for you if you just leave the indicator button alone for long enough (I think it takes 30 seconds of 'no touching' before it cancels) or you decide put it on again for the next turn!

That said, there's no denying that the OE indicator repeaters on the dash are pretty dim....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

also...
    But I added a strip of LEDs in my mirror housings for two reasons:
    To let folks in an adjacent lane know what I'm hoping to do next
    To actually be able to see an indicator light: My memory and eyeballs are rather suspect...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Why are you even looking down there? Head and eyes up....Hit your turn signal, make your turn, then cancel it manually. There really is no need to look down for the little light.

OMG
    I actually agree with that.

Spyder Garage

I agree BUT having an unintentional turn signal on can get you killed with someone thinking you are going to turn and they turn in front of you.

QUOTE=DrewNJ;1131639]Why are you even looking down there? Head and eyes up....Hit your turn signal, make your turn, then cancel it manually. There really is no need to look down for the little light.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Alright turn signal police...you may be correct, but it doesn't change the fact that the lights are hard to see in the daylight - the original poster has a valid argument. I find it hard to believe that no one on this forum has changed lanes and thought they canceled the turn signal but actual reactivated just based on how sensitive the button is. I also bought Lamonster's turn signal lights for this reason. But to criticize a rider for wanting brighter lights on the dash...c'mon man!!
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Little different

My issue was not with how bright they are but the fact that mine does not signal wich one is on... I added a green led light on each side of the dash. The only time I have to use the manual cancel button is on lane changes and the led's are bright and in your line of sight when looking in the mirrors..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I installed Tricled TricFenderZ wired into the turn signals. Great for safety and you can see if they're blinking out the corner of your eye.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Alright turn signal police...you may be correct, but it doesn't change the fact that the lights are hard to see in the daylight - the original poster has a valid argument. I find it hard to believe that no one on this forum has changed lanes and thought they canceled the turn signal but actual reactivated just based on how sensitive the button is. But to criticize a rider for wanting brighter lights on the dash...c'mon man!!
    Fair enough...

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I recommend these, I am extremely happy with them:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ight=turn+muth
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Smile

These from Lamonster work terrific on my side cowling.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/spyde...t-blinker-kit/
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    I installed Tricled TricFenderZ wired into the turn signals. Great for safety and you can see if they're blinking out the corner of your eye.
    ditto
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I agree BUT having an unintentional turn signal on can get you killed with someone thinking you are going to turn and they turn in front of you.

QUOTE=DrewNJ;1131639]Why are you even looking down there? Head and eyes up....Hit your turn signal, make your turn, then cancel it manually. There really is no need to look down for the little light.

[/QUOTE]

Out of all the bikes I have owned, this is the worst one when it comes to cancelling the turn signals manually. That is really one of the very few complaints I have about this machine. But you're right, having an unintentional turn signal can get you killed. Anyone saying "don't look down" I guess never knows what speed they're doing or what their fuel amount is, etc.