Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Extension on top of extended warranty?

My 2015 F3S came with what BRP calls Extended Warranty - 3 years as part of buying it early - can this warranty be extended for more years?
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    My 2015 F3S came with what BRP calls Extended Warranty - 3 years as part of buying it early - can this warranty be extended for more years?
    Yes, 2 more years up to 5yrs, did that with my dealer when I purchase mine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieIndia View Post
    Yes, 2 more years up to 5yrs, did that with my dealer when I purchase mine.
    Thank you very much - good to know
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Shop around you can usually get a better deal somewhere else. Unless you can negotiated a killer deal prior to purchase. Dealers can sometimes stick it to you with these warranties. Know what others are selling it for before you agree.

Spyder Garage

Also know that the current rule is "as long as you are under warranty, you can get an extended warranty from BRP" so you can wait till just a month or so before that warranty expires and then get it renewed, the warranty remains with the bike so if you trade or sell it, the new owner gets what is left of the warranty or extended warranty.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Also know that the current rule is "as long as you are under warranty, you can get an extended warranty from BRP" so you can wait till just a month or so before that warranty expires and then get it renewed, the warranty remains with the bike so if you trade or sell it, the new owner gets what is left of the warranty or extended warranty.

Cruzr Joe
    Thank you for clarification - I will now definitely wait until 2018 - if all continues well I plan to keep my 2015 F3-S for several years (as I did my 2008 Spyder). I have modified it to the tune of significant $ (12%ish of purchase price - so far , if only Lamonster would only stop making must haves for my F3) to get it to my liking.
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What is the standard warranty that comes from brp with a new spyder? No extensions or anything, just the 'left the factory' warranty?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Midian View Post
    What is the standard warranty that comes from brp with a new spyder? No extensions or anything, just the 'left the factory' warranty?
    It is 2 years - the BRP promo to buy early first production run of F3s added an additional year at no cost and they called it an extended warranty.
    Backrest Home Brew Mod