Spyder Garage

Default Warranty Replacement

I was just thinking about all the stuff I had replaced under warranty. So I made a list. My dealer has been great about all of the warranty issues. I bought this Spyder in 2012 (Aug). It showed 85 miles on the speedo. This was a demo unit. I now have 35,000 miles.
    This is a 2011, RTs SM5. Wife and I love it.

1. front nose cone, paint peeling
    2. throttle body
    3. Gear position sensor
    4. ACS, twice
    5. both rear speakers
    6. seat
    7. purge valve
    8. compressor
    9. now, the windshield motor assembly
    10. Replaced before I bought it, speedometer pod.
    Last edited by safecracker; 05-16-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

looks like you have a winner in the dealer that you have. Even with the odd stumble they are great machines... got my RS in Sept of 12 and also have almost 35,000 miles fortunately no issues no claims and no warranty left...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

You'll hear many folks disagree (many of the more outspoken folks), but I am very impressed with BRP's support and warranty of the Spyders.
    I think you'll find the approach you take, and more importantly, the approach your dealer takes is the primary factor in the way you get treated by BRP.
    This may sound obvious, but just like people, if you start out "please help, I'm having a problem" you'll get lots of support.
    If you start complaining about how crappy the machine is and how poor the service is, then you don't get the same level of support.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone here will tell me so.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Regarding point #1, you are lucky to have gotten that repaired under warranty. The 2013 Manuel clearly states that peeling paint is not covered by the warranty. Good for you that you got it done for free.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    You'll hear many folks disagree (many of the more outspoken folks), but I am very impressed with BRP's support and warranty of the Spyders.
    I think you'll find the approach you take, and more importantly, the approach your dealer takes is the primary factor in the way you get treated by BRP.
    This may sound obvious, but just like people, if you start out "please help, I'm having a problem" you'll get lots of support.
    If you start complaining about how crappy the machine is and how poor the service is, then you don't get the same level of support.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone here will tell me so.
    You're NOT wrong. You make some good points. When there's a problem, BRP usually does come through in the end. Although, sometimes it can be a little frustrating that dealing with them often requires so much patience, persistence, and hoop jumping. Other times... not so much. (​In that regard, they are very much like my wife.)
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I agree. I bought my 2008 GS SM5 used from the dealer.
    I took it back after 2 days as a lot of codes were coming up on the screen.
    The dealer cleared and rechecked everything at no charge.

Last year the rear wheel bearing let go. They called BRP and the dealer paid a portion and
    BRP paid the rest as sign of good gesture and gave me a 1 year warranty on parts and service.
    All I had to pay was a $35.00 service fee.

I have had no major problems. Runs great and puuuurs like a kitten.

Now, that's what I call service.

I now have almost 50,000km (30,000 miles)

I am VERY HAPPY with my SPYDER and would buy another one.