Thread: 622 Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default 622 Trailer

Can anyone tell me what the wheel bearing and seal numbers are for replacement.
    48 down.

Spyder Garage

Default 622 Trailer Wheel Bearing and Grease Seal numbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the wheel bearing and seal numbers are for replacement.
    Bearings are L44649, Races are L44610, and Grease Seals are Napa part number 14832 (Double Lip Seal) hope this helps

2014 Pearl White RTS, Elka Stage 2 Shocks, Baja Ron Sway Bar & Billet Sway Bar End Links, True Laser Track Alignment, Garmin Zumo 660, LAMONSTER Cat Delete, Akrapovic Exhaust, Baker Belt Tensioner, Spyderpops Bump Skid, BRP Hitch, RT-622 Trailer, Spyderpops RT-622 Bump Skid with LED Run/Stop/Turn, BRP Sena SM10 Bluetooth Dongle with BRP Wiring and SMH10 Head Sets, Federal Evo front tires, Yokohama S Drive rear tire.

Spyder Garage

OK Thank you very much.
    48 down.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And if you want to make your life much easier after changing the bearings consider the Bearing Buddy 1980 and Bearing Buddy Bra 70019
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    And if you want to make your life much easier after changing the bearings consider the Bearing Buddy 1980 and Bearing Buddy Bra 70019
    Thanks I'll give them a try.
    48 down.

Spyder Garage

Default First go round with trailer bearings

Quote Originally Posted by JBonamassa Fan View Post
    Bearings are L44649, Races are L44610, and Grease Seals are Napa part number 14832 (Double Lip Seal) hope this helps

I'm planning to replace the bearings on my 2010 622 trailer and found this original post. After doing some quick searching at etrailer.com I found the following kit and was wondering if it contains everything I would need?

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Bea...e/BK1-150.html

Thanks in advance
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    I'm planning to replace the bearings on my 2010 622 trailer and found this original post. After doing some quick searching at etrailer.com I found the following kit and was wondering if it contains everything I would need?

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Bea...e/BK1-150.html

Thanks in advance
    Yes- You may also find the spindles rusty at the back end where the seal sits when you take off the hubs.

Spyder Garage

Default Little steel wool

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Yes- You may also find the spindles rusty at the back end where the seal sits when you take off the hubs.
    Just a little cleaning with some steel wool I would imaging to get back to clean metal?
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just a little cleaning with some steel wool I would imaging to get back to clean metal?
    well I used something that would not etch the axle as the seal has to sit in that area. And it was rusted more that I would have liked and took some work to get most of the rust out of that area. Then I used a rust inhibiter then used a car paint encapsulator to seal that area behind the seal. If to bad that whole arm needs to be replaced unless you know someone that can cut off the axle and weld on new one straight.

I also noticed the bearing to axle tolerance was off a bit as the inner bearing was spinning on the axle..
    Last edited by trikermutha; 04-22-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Will have to explore a bit it sounds

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    well I used something that would not etch the axle as the seal has to sit in that area. And it was rusted more that I would have liked and took some work to get most of the rust out of that area. Then I used a rust inhibiter then used a car paint encapsulator to seal that area behind the seal. If to bad that whole arm needs to be replaced unless you know someone that can cut off the axle and weld on new one straight.

I also noticed the bearing to axle tolerance was off a bit as the inner bearing was spinning on the axle..
    I'll have to see what things look like when I disassemble. If bad, I'll take it to my local trailer center and get some help.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll have to see what things look like when I disassemble. If bad, I'll take it to my local trailer center and get some help.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
    I agree see how yours is after you disassemble..It didn't look like mine was serviced since new and I bought mine used.