Thread: spyder seats

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder seats

just wondering how many riders changed there seats on there spyders?

Spyder Garage

MANY. Like they say on the Geico commercials... If you ride a motorcycle, it's what you do.

Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When it come to seats, you've only got ONE ass to listen to: your own!
    The OEM seat suits me just fine!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default I like mine

The stock seat on my RTS is the most comfortable motorcycle seat I ever had. I can't justify buying another seat.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Replaced five out of five. The OEM was mush on RS and RT's. Mixed reviews on the F3T.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We switched, but only because we won our new/current seat. I could take it or leave it really. I thought the stock seat was pretty darn good on our RT. Like Bob said, listen to your own ars...if you're comfy after a full tank of gas, you're probably just fine. Just because a seat feels great when you first sit on it, doesn't mean it's gonna feel that good an hour or two later. Seats are expensive!!!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default OEM SEATS

I agree with Bob, the OEM seat fits me just fine, I have never had a custom seat on any bike I've ever owned..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

Default spyder seats

I doctored an oem seat. that I bought from a gentleman on here. It had the lumbar support like my 2013 Rt. I saved my oem just in case. I cut out the lumbar support and had the upholstery reattached but did not cut out any upholstery. The upholstery settled down in pretty well after a while. You can't tell until you look close. I added a back rest from Show Chrome. Seat fits my 6'0", 250lbs. frame nicely. cost was $175 for seat and what ever the smaller back rest cost(?). Highway pegs and floor boards and heal toe shifter also add to comfort. we also got Bead Rider seat cushions. Surprisingly comfy. Got the non wooden beads. wife is very happy with hers!

Spyder Garage

To each his own. Love my Ulitmate seat.
    Bryan

Spyder Garage

Even though I thought the original RT seat was very comfortable, during Biketoberfest last year I made the mistake of sitting on an Ultimate seat. Now U am the proud owner of one.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

There is a big difference between the stock seat and an aftermarket seat. I have a mustang seat on my RT and I can now ride for hours and not think of my Ass ether getting numb,tingly or sore. If you have a chance try one. You will feel the difference.
    I had my spring service done on my RT just last week. When it was getting worked on they gave me a demo Spyder to ride. it was a 2015 RT limited
    I enjoyed the spyder,but hated the stock seat that was on it. Within one hour of riding it my ass started to be uncomfortable. I was so happy to be back on my Spyder with the mustang seat on it.
    There is a BIG difference.

Spyder Garage

Default Seats.....

Seats are like tires here. Many to chose from many opinions. Due to the high cost not many have much to compare with but if choices is what you want then we went with the Comfort seat beacuse it was on sale here and have found it to be great. I always suggest you find an event, club ryde, a group and ask to sit on the different seat you find cause it's the only place to find them all together....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Seat

I've got 31,000+ miles on the OEM seat. Fits my rear just fine but I must say I drool at the Ultimate Seats each time I see them at SpyderFest. I just can't justify the $1,000 when my seat feels just fine!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We use Ultimate Seats on all our Spyders.. They are the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    Even though I thought the original RT seat was very comfortable, during Biketoberfest last year I made the mistake of sitting on an Ultimate seat. Now I am the proud owner of one.

David
    that was an expensive mistake. Hope you are enjoying it .
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

The first major mods we made to both of our Spyders. The stock seat made it nearly impossible to ride more that 40 mins or so without a sore butt.

We really like our Ultimate seats!!
    His - 2013 RSS SM5
    Hers - 2013 RS SE5

Proud Army Veterans!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    The stock seat on my RTS is the most comfortable motorcycle seat I ever had. I can't justify buying another seat.

(my butt agrees also.)

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I did - three times.

Frist was the BRP comfort set. It was ok, but the loss of two inches for the passenger was not.

Second was the Ultimate. Great looking seat, but hit me in my upper legs wrong so was uncomfortable after 50 miles. Returned for refund.

Last (and the keeper) is Russell Day Long. I should have started here as I have had them on my Harley and are for me the most comfortable.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I switched to a comfort seat on my 2014 RT a week after ownership. I found out very quickly that the 2" of extra room was not worth the extra firmness that I could not handle. So I was going to put my nearly new stock seat back on. But I came across a deal on another stock 2014 seat, with the BRP backrest. At the price that it was being offered, I just purchased the other seat, and left my nearly new RT seat in it's wrapper.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default seat

I was happy with my stock seat on my 2015 RTS until I rode for 2 hours straight one day. The next day I ordered a Diamond Seat w driver backrest. Now I am happy and can ride for hours with no discomfort. This is my second Diamond seat the first was on a 2005 Kaw Voyager, I rode it 11 hours the first day I got it with no pain or discomfort.
    It has been a long tome since I had a seat hurt as much as the stock Spyder seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    When it come to seats, you've only got ONE ass to listen to: your own!
    The OEM seat suits me just fine!
    Some people have 2 arses to be concerned with .

I also couldn't stand the stock seat more than an hour. The Ultimate seat for me was worth every penny to be comfortable and enjoy the riding. Of course a backrest on stock may have helped some but idt would have been the entire solution. And the Ultimate seat just looks awesome too.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box