Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Tall Boy Seat - RT

OK, like several riders on SL, I am thinking about trying to find a more comfortable seat option from the 2014 stock seat with Airhawk-R. I keep coming back to the Ultimate Seat, because many have proclaimed their extreme happiness with the seat and day/night difference.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the tall boy option (1.5" further back from the handlebars) with the back rest and taking a long ride (over 100 miles) to see if my butt and lower back can survive without having the feeling of pain, numbness, or complete discomfort.

Is there any pointers, words of wisdom, or suggestions from current owners of the RT Tall Boy Seat?
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

I purchased one at Spyderfest and its the best investment I've made. Did 434 miles home and my backside loved it.
    Shooter
    972-467-8077

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

you may have to also invest into tri axis bars.. if you are going with the tall boy..I like the back rest too..

I like to sit and steer and not reach much and steer..

The Ultimate seat is way better than stock. it is wider also..More butt area.

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the ultimate tall-boy, and I'm 5'10". I find it infinitely more comfortable than the stock seat. I hated the ridge in my lower back on the stock seat. Also, I'm extremely stiff (50+ years of diabetes) and I found the cockpit restrictive. The tall-boy gives me just enough extra room and I bought the backrest, another plus for comfort. On other bikes I had a Corbin and a Mustang and found both much better than the stock seat, I can't vouch for them on the Spyder.

I find the ultimate seat perfectly comfortable for rides up to 2-3 hours, after that I start to notice some pressure on my inner thighs. After 4-5 hours I start to hurt. I bought an Airhawk-R cushion that I use for long trips on the Ultimate, and it fixed that problem completely.

An aside - I also got the gas-cap door on the seat. LOVE IT.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Had The ultimate tallboy seat with backrest and passenger armrest installed at Spyderfest 2015. Have about 12,000 miles on the seat now. Bought a 2016 RTL at this Spyderfest before Pitbull transferred the seat. We rode around on the Can Am comfort seat. That 85 miles reminded me how much I love my Ultimate seat. The Ultimate seat is now on the 2016 RTL and my bottom is back in heaven!
    Last edited by Empty Pockets; 05-10-2016 at 11:09 PM.
    Bryan

Spyder Garage

Default Love the Ultimate!

I am 6'3" and knew from the test ride I would need more leg room. I went with the Ultimate Tall Boy on my RT because of the Ultimate I had on my last bike. Very comfortable seat and backrest. You can't go wrong with one of these seats.

Spyder Garage

A sincere thank you to everyone that has posted here. We really appreciate it.

Best,

Dave
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

Default Tall boy seat

I am in agreement with the other posts and really like my tall boy seat. However there is one concern with the backrest. If you are going to ride double the passenger does not have much room front to back. My wife is 5'3" and 110 lbs. and just fits from front to back. If she was ang bigger she would be unhappy. I don't know if the standard Ultimate has more room or not but if your passenger is much larger than mine you may need to remove the backrest when riding double.

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you replace the stock rear passenger backrest with the ultimate, it buys about 1 to 1.5 inches for the passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

I knew I hated the stock seat, I got all antsy after about a half hour and sitting it anything over an hour or so became painful. I went to Ultimate at bike week in Daytona and they had the color matched 'custom' seat right there as a 'stock' option. It looked awesome and with a 30 day ride guarantee I had nothing to lose so I tried it. I was probably going to stick with the midrise but they only had the tall boy. Honestly I'm not sure if there is a big difference or not, at least for me between the two. But the seat - OMG, I did not realize a seat could make that much difference. I haven't done more than 3 hours at a time so far but those 3 hours are pain free and make riding a pleasure. The Ultimate backrest is also a must. It matches the seat perfectly and is easily adjustable. I too was concerned about my wife on back and while she may have a little less room (I didn't have backrest on stock seat), she is fine. The Utopia passenger backrest is a little thinner than stock which makes up a little for the lost room on tallboy, plus the driver backrest can be adjusted forward a bit, although mine is pretty far back - the backrest adjustment can make a big difference in driver comfort.

If I ever got a new Spyder or any bike and Ultimate had a seat for it I would do it in a heartbeat. If Ultimate seats were stock on bikes there would be no aftermarket seat industry!

All that said, everyone is different so even those I love it someone else may not find is as good for their particular body type, etc. That's where you just can't beat the Ultimate ride guarantee - no way to know if it will be good unless you try it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SpyderSteveFL; 05-09-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

Had the ultimate tall boy installed when I purchased my RTL last fall.Have had ultimate on my last 3 bikes and knew I had to have another.I am 6'4 and have plenty of room and never get tired of sitting on a ultimate seat.

Spyder Garage

Obviously from the comments in this thread, as well as past comments, the Ultimate Tall Boy is a good seat and well liked by riders with long legs. I sat on one at Spyderquest last year, and if I normally rode with a passenger, I probably would have bought it.

But since I do not ride duel, I came up with what I think was a better solution for me. The Tall Boy did not put me back as far as I would have liked, nor did it give me as much room as the BRP comfort seat. But I agree that the comfort seat is not as "comfortable" as it should be. The Airhawk-R made a huge improvement in the comfort, but still not what I wanted. I finally resolved that by inserting one of Motorcycle Dave's "Comformax GEL/Foam" seat inserts inside my seat. I already had installed a Utopia backrest, which is absolutely fantastic, IMO. Now, I think I've almost got the perfect seat for a "big guy" with long legs, without having one custom made from scratch.

The one downside to my solution is that the comfort seat, together with the Utopia backrest, does not allow much room for any but the smallest passenger behind me, as you can tell from the picture of my seat below.

Last edited by robmorg; 05-09-2016 at 12:03 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Tall Boy Seat is Great

I am only 5'4" and have the Ultimate Tall Boy Seat for my RT-S. I also have the tri-axis handle bars and everything is moved back towards me. I need to sit up straighter and not leaned over like the stock seat forced me to! I ordered the backrest also and makes a huge difference for the back and hips. I ordered the tall boy even though I am short because it forces me to sit straighter. I have over 1500 miles on the bike and love the seat!

2015 RT-S Special Series
    Ultimate Seats-Tall boy with backrest and chrome gas door, Extended brake pedal, Tall Windshield, brushed chrome replaced with shiny chrome, Baja Ron anti-sway bar, Tri Axis handlebar, Rivco highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust, ISCI hand brake, Spyderpops Bumpskid, Rivco Trunk mounted double flag holder for American Flag and PA State Flag, Magic Mirrors, Can Am Accessories hitch

Spyder Garage

Ultimate Tall Boy Seat with both backrests...... Had it installed at Spyderfest and I really like it...

2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks to everyone that posted here...I knew I would get all positive comments on the Ultimate Seat. Gosh, I need to get one for my upcoming June 1st ride with my fellow Atlanta Spyder Riders gang.

Brian
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

I bought one at 2016 Spyderfest and forgot my air pad for the ride home. 1500 miles to Southern New Mexico, My butt never got sore like the OEM seat. I also sit a bit higher than the OEM seat. I am 4'10 and love it. Get the backrest. Worth the extra bucks if your gonna travel. Also the gas tank cap is nice not having to pop the seat every time.
    Last edited by wd8ajj; 05-12-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Bought and Installed

Hell yeah....installed and primed for a 100+ mile ride to give it a good try.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Seats View Post
    A sincere thank you to everyone that has posted here. We really appreciate it.

Best,

Dave

Like wise, thanks for manufacturing a great seat.
    Shooter
    972-467-8077