Spyder Garage

Default New seat and rider backrest?

We're taking longer trips on the ST Limited now and I'd like to add a rider backrest. Any ideas on a new seat so I can add it would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Well, you've got quite a few options. I'm going to assume you're still on the stock seat.

Ultimate makes a great seat; I have one and did great on it for 3100+ miles round trip to Spyderfest last week. They have three options that leave you the same distance away from the handlebars, 2 inches closer or 4 inches closer. They also have passenger backrests and several material choices. They are pricey but you do get what you pay for. They are a sponsor here.

Corbin makes a seat for the ST as well and it's also pricey but less so than Ultimate. Several different options and materials as well. They are also a sponsor here.

Russell Day Long makes seats for RT's and RS's; the RS's *may* fit an ST; best to check with them.

Our own Motorcycle Dave also makes seats with medical grade gel. Check with him for prices and fitments.

Cheapest option is to start with an Airhawk and see if that's good enough for you.

Smoothspyder (also a sponsor) makes a passenger backrest that converts to a rider backrest and works with the stock seats.

My best advice is take in a Spyder-specific meetup, make friends, and try out seats.

Anything else I forgot?
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Utopia also have a backrest which is installed on the stock seat - just another option

Spyder Garage

Love my ultimate seat. Totally worth the look.
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Russell Day Long is awesome - they made it to my exact specs and weight! I also have a SmoothSpyder adjustable backrest. And I ride an STS.
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Just Saying

My Conformax GEL&Memory Foam is less money
    than all the others and better, none have medical
    Gel in them and all cost more than $79.95
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    Well, you've got quite a few options. I'm going to assume you're still on the stock seat.

Ultimate makes a great seat; I have one and did great on it for 3100+ miles round trip to Spyderfest last week. They have three options that leave you the same distance away from the handlebars, 2 inches closer or 4 inches closer. They also have passenger backrests and several material choices. They are pricey but you do get what you pay for. They are a sponsor here.

Corbin makes a seat for the ST as well and it's also pricey but less so than Ultimate. Several different options and materials as well. They are also a sponsor here.

Russell Day Long makes seats for RT's and RS's; the RS's *may* fit an ST; best to check with them.

Our own Motorcycle Dave also makes seats with medical grade gel. Check with him for prices and fitments.

Cheapest option is to start with an Airhawk and see if that's good enough for you.

Smoothspyder (also a sponsor) makes a passenger backrest that converts to a rider backrest and works with the stock seats.

My best advice is take in a Spyder-specific meetup, make friends, and try out seats.

Anything else I forgot?

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the world of "find and seat." All good advice above. The hard part is which one are you going to like the best.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Love my Ultimate seat!
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Default st vs rt

Hi. Will an RT seat fit my ST?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post

Anything else I forgot?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ralylark View Post
    Hi. Will an RT seat fit my ST?

Thanks
    Yes an RT seat will fit a ST but if it is 2014 ST or newer. I actually bought a used RT comfort seat for my ST but it wasn't as comfortable and went back to the stock ST seat. I did add the Smooth Spyder backrest and I love it. I can position it anywhere I want and it doesn't interfere with raising the seat when you need to get gas.

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleSpyder View Post
    Yes an RT seat will fit a ST but if it is 2014 ST or newer. I actually bought a used RT comfort seat for my ST but it wasn't as comfortable and went back to the stock ST seat. I did add the Smooth Spyder backrest and I love it. I can position it anywhere I want and it doesn't interfere with raising the seat when you need to get gas.

Spyder Garage

Default RT seat on ST

Apple Spyder did you mean to say RSseat fits an ST. I believe no RT seat fits on any ST.

If if I am mistaken can someone say what year RT seat this applies to?

Spyder Garage

SMOOTH SPYDER dual mode back rest. Is the way to go. Works on my 13STLhttps://youtu.be/g1A8VNJu9kw

driver possition passenger position & Jim is great guy & will help you out

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Seat

I bought an Ultimate seat. They come in three sizes for the driver, yes 3 sizes. 14 day test drive. Want to return it for another size they'll do it. Really like mine. I bought the short size, I have a 30in inseam and didn't like the feel of my highway pegs. Risers are almost non existent for the ST. Or they're holy crap expensive. Since the seat moved me 4in forward and about 2 in lower I'm very happy. It can be ordered with a very adjustable backrest for the driver. They have a link on here. The blow Corbins prices out of the water.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder backrest trouble

Have installed a spyder backrest on my 2015 Spyder rts. The trouble is that it sets or leans forward and puts me closer to the handlebars. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions ?