Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default sweet spot

I like the Speed Limit . Don't have to worry about the cops , don't have to be looking in the rear view mirror all the time , and no white knuckles . You will get there just about as fast .

Spyder Garage

60-65 on freeways. 40-45- on back roads for hours on end. Low and slow on the back roads is my favorite kind of riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It was higher than that...
    It's to read the GPS when you're above the posted limit; the display is red!
    ...But it showed me 105!

I stand corrected good sir!
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Default Woman screaming huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkandpudge View Post
    I asked Lamont at Spyderfest if I had a warranty issue? The issue is that above 100 mph I hear what sounds like a woman screaming. He just looked at me! Well I've learned that if I stay below 90 mph I have absolutely no problems.

I get that same irritating sound on dirt roads when I give it the gas and start fishtailing and playing around a bit...It it usually followed by a series of solid thunks I can hear and feel on what seems to be the upper backside of my helmet...The dealer can't seem to find any issues...LOL!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DC1 View Post
    I get that same irritating sound on dirt roads when I give it the gas and start fishtailing and playing around a bit...It it usually followed by a series of solid thunks I can hear and feel on what seems to be the upper backside of my helmet...The dealer can't seem to find any issues...LOL!
    Good one! I will get the squeezed knee thing on my thighs as the warm up to the thunk on the backside of my helmet. But if I don't slow down I will get the squeezed knee treatment later on ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Spyder runs great at 80 pulling a trailer and with the Pitbull bypass/exhaust combo I got decent gas mileage too. My hearing may be suffering though.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Interstates 75; Two lane 55; backroads 45...

Quote Originally Posted by wings2fly View Post
    I've only had my 2016 Spyder RTS for 2 weeks and just did our first long ride to Laughlin River Run this week. Still doing a little bit of adjustment from 2 wheels but I love the Spyder. We hit lots of weather, wind, rain, etc. I got push around a little in the high winds but not bad. My husband likes to travel at 75 to 80 mph. I found that around 75 I had some shake going on. I have the baja ron sway bar but have not done the laser alignment yet (have to locate somewhere to do it). So what highway speeds do you travel at comfortably?
    Interstates and two lanes are for getting from Point A to Point B...backroads are for loving life, the Spyder and surroundings....

Spyder Garage

Speed limit plus 5, but I really prefer 75 to 80 on the open highway!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thought about this the other day on the GS. The sweet spot isn't really mph dependent more than it's rpm. Since the Spyder (Rotax twin) has a nice power band right around 5000-5500. So it's whatever speed in whichever gear that makes it run at 5500rpm.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow