Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nytemagik View Post
    My motivations are I have a standard poodle, and can't take her with me she. I camp. My Angel < the bike > can even tow my popup camper but cant take my girl with me. I'd love to find a small sidecar I can make a harness for and take the pup along...
    Did you notice that the last poster ME answered this .....* years ago .... and did you read the other 23 posts ???? .... I hope someone can give you a satisfactory solution to your problem. I look forward to what the answer will be ....Mike

Spyder Garage

There are carriers out there that you can mount either on you passenger seat or on your trailer that IMNSHO are a much better idea.

https://theridersmarket.com/motorcycle-dog-carrier/

There is no external frame to mount a sidecar to. The Spyder frame is a central backbone. This would be a nightmare to construct and to ride. Sure death for both of you
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 04-15-2024 at 01:28 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nytemagik View Post
    My motivations are that I have a standard poodle, and I can't take her with me. I camp. My Angel < the bike > can even tow my popup camper, but I can't take my girl with me. I'd love to find a small sidecar I can make a harness for and take the pup along...
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    There are carriers out there that you can mount either on you passenger seat or on your trailer that IMNSHO are a much better idea.

https://theridersmarket.com/motorcycle-dog-carrier/

There is no external frame to mount a sidecar to. The Spyder frame is a central backbone. This would be a nightmare to construct and to ride. Sure death for both of you
    Nytemagik has a "Standard" size poodle .... they are almost the size of a German Shepard .... and he camps and has a Pop-up camper; I doubt he wants to attach a Dog carrier to the top of the camper ..... JMHI ... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 02:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Steering geometry would keep a sane man awake at night. The ?rig? would handle completely differently when turning right or left.
    The DOT people would go flipsoied when they saw it. You'd hear their laughs blocks away. First turn into the sidecar would be an education in understeer.
    If you really haven't been dissuaded by all our comments - build a two-foot RC model and see what happens.