Spyder Garage

Default Bought new F3. Dealer discouraged getting the Best extended warranty

Bought a new F3 S today and the dealer tried to sell me a different warranty for an additional 3 years for $1400. He said the Best Warranty really didn't cover much and that it had a limit on the miles which I know is not a lie. I can get an extended 3 year Best warranty from a place suggested by a person on this website for under $700. Has anyone had trouble with the Best Warranty?

Spyder Garage

Haven't used mine yet but I hear good things.
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Default No pressure....

you have until just before the manufacurers warranty runs out to decide what to do... don't let them pressure you into anyones extended warranty.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

you can buy the B.E.S.T warranty any time before current warranty runs out. Shop around, prices various drastically. You don’t have to buy from the same dearly you purchase from. I have heard that Spyder dealers prefer the B.E.S.T you only have to pay the 50.00 deductible. Otherwise you have to pay up front and then work with your independent warranty company to try to claim it back.

Spyder Garage

Never had a problem with the Best warranty. Remember the Beat Warranty is good at any dealer without issue. If you get a warranty the dealer wants to sale you other than the Best, you could have problems should you need warranty work when you are out of the local dealer network.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BE AFRAID.......VERY AFRAID

Quote Originally Posted by Godlover View Post
    Bought a new F3 S today and the dealer tried to sell me a different warranty for an additional 3 years for $1400. He said the Best Warranty really didn't cover much and that it had a limit on the miles which I know is not a lie. I can get an extended 3 year Best warranty from a place suggested by a person on this website for under $700. Has anyone had trouble with the Best Warranty?
    This Dealer just sold you a $25,000 + Spyder and They are already trying to Scr*w the crap out of you..........IMHO you should investigate if your STATE has a LAW which would allow you to cancel this deal ( some States do )......These people do not have your best interests in their thought process................and things are only going to get worse from here......................Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    This Dealer just sold you a $25,000 + Spyder and They are already trying to Scr*w the crap out of you..........IMHO you should investigate if your STATE has a LAW which would allow you to cancel this deal ( some States do )......These people do not have your best interests in their thought process................and things are only going to get worse from here......................Mike
    They gave me a smoking deal on a new 2015 F3 S. $15999. I couldn't find a used one at that price. I'm not out to badmouth the dealer. After doing some searching I find that people who have ATV Can Ams have had many issues with The Best warranty. That might be his experience. I'll get the Best warranty.

Spyder Garage

They gave me a smoking deal on a new 2015 F3 S. $15999. I couldn't find a used one at that price. I'm not out to badmouth the dealer. After doing some searching I find that people who have ATV Can Ams have had many issues with The Best warranty. That might be his experience. I'll get the Best warranty.

The trouble with the ATV warranties is that folks go out and beat the snot out of them and BREAK things. Those are not warranted events. That is owner damage. Same is true for the Spyders. If you run the front wheel into a curb and break the front axel, BRP is not going to foot the bill for replacing it. Its just much less common on the Spyders as they are street driven.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

The best warranty can be purchased at any dealer. I would check with other dealers and then take that price to them. IMHO. The best warranty for spyders according to folks on this sight is very good. good luck.

Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket Warrantys

I'd be very cautious about getting a third party warranty. I paid over $800 for one on a motorcycle purchased back in 2010. It turned out to not be worth the paper it was written on. I won't pay anything over and above the purchase price for a non-manufacturer warranty. Fool me once........

Spyder Garage

Be wary of non-can am extended warranties. The BEST is tried and true. Others, Caveat Emptor.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

[PHP][/PHP]
    Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Be wary of non-can am extended warranties. The BEST is tried and true. Others, Caveat Emptor.

And it it is unlimited mileage.

cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default BEST warranty

The BEST warranty is the only way to go by far . I have a 2011RT and have really used the warranty a lot and I mean a lot .No problems with dealers either not accepting it .If you have multiple problems on the spyder when you take it , one deductible covers them all and if the problem pops up again .....no deductible. My extended is up in two months and I'm renewing , can't afford not to with all the problems I've had .Going to cost more this time but it only takes a couple of costly parts and you're broke.

Spyder Garage

I have not used my BEST Warranty yet.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I have had the BEST warranty and used it several times with no issues what so ever. My 2008 had 49000 miles on it and three weeks left from the five year warranty and the entire drive shaft broke and the repair was over $2800...no problem...heck, my dealer didn't even charge me the $50 deductible. I will always have the BEST warranty.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    you can buy the B.E.S.T warranty any time before current warranty runs out. Shop around, prices various drastically. You don’t have to buy from the same dearly you purchase from. I have heard that Spyder dealers prefer the B.E.S.T you only have to pay the 50.00 deductible. Otherwise you have to pay up front and then work with your independent warranty company to try to claim it back.
    That is not necessarily true. My factory was expired when I bought my Spyder. My only option was an outside warranty. I bought from Zurich. I have used them once. My dealer called them got an authorization to do the work and I paid the $50 bucks. Done and done.

Your experience may be different,but that's mine.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I'd check around at different dealers. I got an extended BEST from Bert's Mega Mall for my 2015 as someone suggested on here.

My 2010 RT came with the BEST and I was glad. I bought the Spyder RT pre-owned and it has had some issues that was covered under the BEST. That's no money out of my pocket for repairs. But then again, if the tech working on the bike is incompetent, there may be money spent out pocket to re-repair the warranty fix, as it was in my case!

As mentioned here, BEST is covered at all BRP dealers. So, if your traveling away from your area and have an issue that needs addressing, will a warranty of another company get back on the road? Something to think about?

Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 SE5 RT. I just used the Best warranty last weekend for a starter switch. No quibble what so ever
    BabyBlue