Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Decisions for upgrades 2015 F3S

Hey guys,

This is my first thread on the forum.
    I've had my 2015 f3s for about 10 months now it's at just over 7000 miles and my wife is starting to complain about the rear literal shock which I've been lurking the forums long enough to be aware of all the issues and suggestions.. There's just a lot of suggestions and different options.

Elka vs fox
    Then there's the "occasional two up" spring..

I have read so much on here about what everyone's done it makes it hard to decide which route to go.

It is now time for me to replace the rear tire. I've looked up the tire size and read on here someone was using an aftermarket tire that seemed to last longer and have a better ride..

I just need suggestions, money isn't really an option. We just want a more comfortable two up cruiser with adjustable rear for single riding as well.
    My bikes entirely stock other than windshield saddle bags and detachable passenger back rest.

I wouldn't mind performance upgrade suggestions and experienced feedback I've seen power commander installs and different air intake options have you guys had any luck getting any more out of the f3?

I probably sound very stupid but I assure you I'm just tired and hate typing on my phone lol thanks for all your help guys and gals

Spyder Garage

Default ELKA

280 lbs. Mainly ride solo. Sometimes ride my son (about 110 lbs) and have yet to BOTTOM out.

Spyder Garage

Elka will ask your weight and how you ride when you order. The shock and spring will be chosen and adjusted to fit YOU. Not an off the shelf one size fits all solution. Elka also uses a pair of different rate springs on the rear effectively giving a progressive rate spring that is soft on small bumps for great ride and more firm on longer excursions for proper control.

Been VERY happy with my Elka's

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Elka will ask your weight and how you ride when you order. The shock and spring will be chosen and adjusted to fit YOU. Not an off the shelf one size fits all solution. Elka also uses a pair of different rate springs on the rear effectively giving a progressive rate spring that is soft on small bumps for great ride and more firm on longer excursions for proper control.

Been VERY happy with my Elka's
    I've read most of your responses on all of these threads and really appreciate your advice, I'll call Elka for at least the rear shock, I noticed they offer fronts as well, anything you can share about those?

Also should I just buy the standard spyder rear tire or upgrade to a car tire of that size?

Spyder Garage

Default I can chime in about the fronts also.!

When the Spyder was stock, I always felt unsafe turning corners. Like I was going to be thrown off. I added the sway bar and still felt that uneasiness. Then i changed the shocks. I dont know if that was good or bad. I now TURN corners like a corner is supposed to be turned. VERY HAPPY WITH ELKA. FRONT AND REAR
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyF3 View Post
    I've read most of your responses on all of these threads and really appreciate your advice, I'll call Elka for at least the rear shock, I noticed they offer fronts as well, anything you can share about those?

Also should I just buy the standard spyder rear tire or upgrade to a car tire of that size?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WIDOWSSON View Post
    When the Spyder was stock, I always felt unsafe turning corners. Like I was going to be thrown off. I added the sway bar and still felt that uneasiness. Then i changed the shocks. I dont know if that was good or bad. I now TURN corners like a corner is supposed to be turned. VERY HAPPY WITH ELKA. FRONT AND REAR
    Getting the Elka front and back wouldn't void any warranty on other parts right?

Spyder Garage

I upgraded the fronts on my RT previously and it was a big improvement. When I decided to upgrade the rear shock on my F3 I decided to do all three at once. The improvement from the fronts was not nearly as much as on the RT. IE the front Fox shocks are not that bad. The front sachs shocks (plain black) are bad. If you have the fox fronts, Id do the rear only and see how you like it before spending more money. The front Elkas are better, its just not the night and day difference it was on the RT.

On the RT, I recommend and install the Yokohama S-Drive tire size 205/55 - 15. Its a great tire wet and dry and will last far longer than they Kenda. That said, I do intend to try a Toyo R888 on my F3 for more rear traction and looks.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Got the sway bar on, it's an incredible difference especially riding 2up.

Elka told me the suspension wouldn't arrive until June but it came today, got both front and rear stage 2 with hydrolic preload adjustment. I'm super stoked for tomorrow.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Elka's stage 2 with hydrolic preload adjustment

Got the Elka's on and went ahead and got a new rear tire at 7000 miles.

Because of where the adjustment is I can't mount my Cross country saddle bags anymore, suggestions??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I would look for alternate location to mount the adjustment knob to allow for your saddle bags.

Spyder Garage

Default HONESTLY

I dont know but I am more concerned with enjoying the machine and not the warranty. Besides, I have all my original items that was replaced.

Getting the Elka front and back wouldn't void any warranty on other parts right?