Thread: New stuff!

Spyder Garage

Default New stuff!

Just want to thank the folks at Value Accessories. Ordered some ISO-GRIPS for Goldwing heated grips and a right side ISO-TROTTLE Boss. Also got a couple of Echo Quick release for our helmets. Ordered on Thursday or Friday and got them on Tuesday. The tips on the website about installing them were very handy, especially the one about using a rag and hose clamp and working the rubber into the groves. Computer glitch(me) isn't allowing me to access the pictures on my phone yet. I'll get back with them. The install of the grips was really easy and the chrome with black rubber is nice. My big arthritic hands are going to like these.

Spyder Garage

Default New stuff!

Ok here we go with pictures I hope.. So I'm very bad at picture transfer. But I did get one up. And of course it is sideways. I'm an idiot. I cannot get more pictures up and I don't really know how I got this one up here!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I've been considering these also. Could you please comment on their ability to still transfer the heat? Thanks.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I have the ISO grips

The primary thing I like about them is their girth. I have arthritic hands, and with these I can hold the grips with my thumb on top.

As far as the heat - you do lose some. If you have these grips and put the grip heaters on High, they'll get about as warm as they would on Low without the grips. Of course, I live in Alabama so it's not a big issue. And, when you wear gloves you're insulating yourself from some of the heat anyway.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Myron Ah View Post
    Ok here we go with pictures I hope..

So I'm very bad at picture transfer. But I did get one up. And of course it is sideways. I cannot get more pictures up and I don't really know how I got this one up here!
    Myron, here you go. PM me with your email address if you want some help with pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default New stuff!

Jetfixer, I have not tried the heated grips. I have never used them in the 2+years I've had it. I will try it today and post results. robmorg, thanks for the picture. I am awful with that stuff! I will take your offer seriously. overhillandDale, arthritis is the main reason I got them. Had thicker ones on my Goldwing and liked them. They were foam and chrome. I like these better and the throttle piece is much like the clamp on Cramp Buster. The cruise control is nice on the highway but not so much on secondary roads. I think for me the smaller hand rest would not be as good. I like the Contour size. I also got a clamp on "Drink 2 Go for the wife that goes on the passenger grip. I'll get pics up of that to. Easy on off so no worries of theft when parked.

Spyder Garage

My video about the ISO grips and the grip heaters etc...

Also my video on installing them the EASY WAY!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Myron Ah View Post
    Just want to thank the folks at Value Accessories. Ordered some ISO-GRIPS for Goldwing heated grips and a right side ISO-TROTTLE Boss. Also got a couple of Echo Quick release for our helmets. Ordered on Thursday or Friday and got them on Tuesday. The tips on the website about installing them were very handy, especially the one about using a rag and hose clamp and working the rubber into the groves. Computer glitch(me) isn't allowing me to access the pictures on my phone yet. I'll get back with them. The install of the grips was really easy and the chrome with black rubber is nice. My big arthritic hands are going to like these.
    I have purchase a few accessories from them, and I got nothing but high marks for them!
    Shipping is fast, and the prices are the lowest I've have found in the market!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I've been considering these also. Could you please comment on their ability to still transfer the heat? Thanks.
    I have them on my bike! They don't get as warm as the stock grips, but to me is worth it not having to look at those anemic stock grips! I don't ride when is cold and if it gets a little chilly I put on my gloves! You might not feel comfortable with them if you have small hands!

Spyder Garage

Default New stuff!

I just tried the heated grips. I have no comparison because in 2 years I never used them. It is 52 degrees out. I went up the road about 1/2 a mile and back with no gloves. Before I got to the road the rubber and chrome were warming. By the time I got back, 3 to 5 minutes tops with idling and then riding, it seemed really good to bare hands. I don't notice the cool/cold much anyway but my hands are arthritic and these grips feel really good and the heat would be adequate for me, especially with gloves on.

Spyder Garage

Default New stuff!

Hey finless. Very nice on those videos on the grips. Wish I had seen the install one before I did mine! My install was not bad but it was a little hard with arthritis. The hose clap and rag to snap together is ok. I use a battery powered ratchet on the clamp and went easy. The packing of the ends is a good idea also. I will see how mine hold up and do what I have to. Your video on rear tire change has made me decide to dealer it. Glad I saw that. My body won't let me do that job. New tire goes on Wednesday. Hopefully they have changed the OEM tire compound. I read somewhere that was the case. Younger days would have me doing a lot more DIYish.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post

I have them on my RT Takes a little longer to heat up but they still work.
    Here's a tip: use a 1" piece of 1" pvc pipe as a filler. The new grips will be longer
    and if you don't use a filler the rubber will push in.
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    I have them on my RT Takes a little longer to heat up but they still work.
    Here's a tip: use a 1" piece of 1" pvc pipe as a filler. The new grips will be longer
    and if you don't use a filler the rubber will push in.
    I think you also answered my next question! If they are that much longer, than I guess that I would not be able to use my Lid Lox with them?
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

There is a LidLix for these - get the ones for the jury alum ISO grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

FYI - A dealer broke one of my grips by pushing the bike by the ends of the grips. Since there's nothing underneath them, one end snapped.

I fixed the b\problem with the ends being weak and with the rubber ends sinking inside the grips with a small pipe. Here's where I posted about it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=grip
    2020- RT Limited
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Permanent Smile!!!