Thread: Hand brake

Spyder Garage

Default Hand brake

I just installed and tested the hand brake kit from ISCI. It's a pricey farkle but very well made and will make life easier on my arthritic lower back. I had some issues with bleeding the system and contacted the builder. they were great to deal with and offered to overnight new parts if needed. Finally got it to see things my way and got fluid through the system. The only thing I would caution potential users about is that it's a bit of a reach to the lever so folks with small hands may have trouble reaching .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    I just installed and tested the hand brake kit from ISCI. It's a pricey farkle but very well made and will make life easier on my arthritic lower back. I had some issues with bleeding the system and contacted the builder. they were great to deal with and offered to overnight new parts if needed. Finally got it to see things my way and got fluid through the system. The only thing I would caution potential users about is that it's a bit of a reach to the lever so folks with small hands may have trouble reaching .
    I have the same set up and I do have small hands. ISCI does sell a reduced reach lever, but it's pricey at $200 so I did not get it. Since the master cyclinder is from a Harly any aftermarket reduced reach lever for an 08 to present Harley will fit.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I have the same set up and I do have small hands. ISCI does sell a reduced reach lever, but it's pricey at $200 so I did not get it. Since the master cyclinder is from a Harly any aftermarket reduced reach lever for an 08 to present Harley will fit.
    Thanks, good to know. I'll check it out. I wonder with the reduced reach lever if you still get full braking before running out of travel.

Spyder Garage

i also have it on my bike, it is all i use and i love it.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    Thanks, good to know. I'll check it out. I wonder with the reduced reach lever if you still get full braking before running out of travel.
    I would think so. I don't think they would sell it if you didn't.

Dennis Kirk shows three that might help.
    Item # 57-4372 Kuryakyn Boss Blades they state "shortest reach possible and still allow for necessary range of motion"
    Item # 57-4341 Kuryakyn Trigger Levers they state "The perfect lever set for riders with smaller hands"
    Both are listed at $66.99 a set so you end up with a clutch lever you cannot use, but the price is low.
    The third option is a brake only lever that is adjustable.
    Item # 57-0289 (chrome) or # 57-0295 (black) they state "Easily adjusts for each individual"
    lists for $122.99
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by PW2013STL; 04-24-2016 at 01:40 PM.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

You can buy a left hand Master Cylinder and bracket from Isci if that would help.
    2015 RTS Ltd Spyderpops bumpskid, Dual Isci Hand Brake ,Baker Wind Wings

2016 Polaris Slingshot SL