Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I must admit, I am surprised by the animosity directed toward me by some people because I voiced something that I bet some others are thinking. I know you all don't know me personally, but I am not one to complain for no reason.

TO BE CLEAR: I have not experienced frame breakage, shock bottoming out, brake line failure etc (but then again, with all my gear on I only weight 150 lbs and usually ride solo). And I am NOT blaming BRP for me buying the bike, I did say it was MY choice.

I'm just saying that quite a few people have reported the same problems and only a couple of those are being addressed (and as a number of people said, the frame "fix" treats the symptom more than the cause) and I wish BRP would take care of all the issues rather than people having to pay for them when they did already pay a premium for the machines.

The one thing that bothers me is that BRP has not once notified me of a warranty campaign or whatever else you guys call it (and my dealer did say the frame thing was a recall). They definitely have our names and addresses, and know that we bought 2 F3's. It feels like if I accidentally find out about it, they will reluctantly deal with it; otherwise they won't bother. When I did make an appointment with the local dealer for the repairs, they said the parts were on back order. Haven't heard back from them since.

Regarding the percentage of people actually having issues, I would not know it but how many 2013 RT fires did it take to admit there's a design flaw? How many should it have taken? By all means, love your bikes, ride them, I ride mine and I love it, I just think a company should recognize that there are some issues and deal with them in a timely manner. Cheers.
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Spyder Garage

Default Second this

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    now jack, sit down and take a big drink! we'll all get through it!!
    Second this.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Default So Far. Have Had Good Luck With My 2015 F3

4000 miles and no problems so far. The first check up at 3000 miles went well with no problems. Maybe I got lucky.

Spyder Garage

Default Notification

Quote Originally Posted by griffontamer View Post
    I must admit, I am surprised by the animosity directed toward me by some people because I voiced something that I bet some others are thinking. I know you all don't know me personally, but I am not one to complain for no reason.

TO BE CLEAR: I have not experienced frame breakage, shock bottoming out, brake line failure etc (but then again, with all my gear on I only weight 150 lbs and usually ride solo). And I am NOT blaming BRP for me buying the bike, I did say it was MY choice.

I'm just saying that quite a few people have reported the same problems and only a couple of those are being addressed (and as a number of people said, the frame "fix" treats the symptom more than the cause) and I wish BRP would take care of all the issues rather than people having to pay for them when they did already pay a premium for the machines.

The one thing that bothers me is that BRP has not once notified me of a warranty campaign or whatever else you guys call it (and my dealer did say the frame thing was a recall). They definitely have our names and addresses, and know that we bought 2 F3's. It feels like if I accidentally find out about it, they will reluctantly deal with it; otherwise they won't bother. When I did make an appointment with the local dealer for the repairs, they said the parts were on back order. Haven't heard back from them since.

Regarding the percentage of people actually having issues, I would not know it but how many 2013 RT fires did it take to admit there's a design flaw? How many should it have taken? By all means, love your bikes, ride them, I ride mine and I love it, I just think a company should recognize that there are some issues and deal with them in a timely manner. Cheers.
    Hi griffontamer
    I quote your words "The one thing that bothers me is that BRP has not once notified me of a warranty campaign". Did we all get notification of the brake cable relocation bulletin/warranty campaign from BRP? I certainly didn't and I don't think my dealer as too. I look forward to my response from email sent to my dealer regarding brake cable relocation bulletin/warranty. My next course of action is to send a email to BRP care and just find out what their policies are for communicating warranty campaigns/bulletins to their customers.
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra

Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela

Spyder Garage

Its very simple. Safety RECALLS are filed with the NHTSA and letters are sent to all known owners. BRP has to provide documentation to the NHTSA of the completion of the recall for every VIN involved.

Warranty campaigns (fix all bikes) and tech service bulletins (fix for a bike with problems presented) are sent to ALL dealers. Yes, even the ones that claim they did not know. They did not know only because they did not open the dealer software link and READ them. They were sent.

All of this is no different than any other vehicle manufacture.

I still do not know what all the fuss is about. What 'problem' has BRP not addressed on the F3? Its a fine running machine and one of the most reliable bikes BRP has ever produced. All this scuttlebut does noting but drive down resale values of the bikes when there is nothing wrong with them.

With the 2013 RT debacle, yes, BRP did delay, deny and avoid repairs until the NHTSA held their feet to the fire and forced the issue. I have seen NO evidence of this happening again. In fact BRP has been very proactive in repairing things most of us did not even know were problems or complained about.
    Last edited by jcthorne; 04-24-2016 at 05:50 AM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Wink Just call in....

Quote Originally Posted by griffontamer View Post

Hi,

Just look-up the BRP customer care phone number, call-in and open a case with them.

Easy, quick and very efficient. Try it, you will love it. Problem resolved.

Richard 😊

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    I do agree with you on a lot of the issues.

I think a lot is communication with dealer also.

I know for a fact i can walk into INGLES PERFORMANCE OR DDS MOTORSPORTS
    And check last years F3 or13 RT And not on frame has been fixed or suspension
    And 13rt have not had recalls.
    The mentallity is it doesn't get that hot upstate ny.
    That statement burns my ass mike ingles
    What if i wanted to take south or west.

IF IT'S BROKE FIX THE DAMN THING
    I have to say that I have had "issues" when dealing with DDS. Such as telling them "I have a 2012 RS-S" and getting the response; "Is that a Kawasaki". But I have to say that I do not share your opinion of Ingles Performance. Granted I am the warranty on my machine, and have made it my business to educate myself on all the maintenance, repair work, and service bulletins. When I call there looking for a part or some form of assistance they are always spot on, and very helpful. Otherwise I wouldn't have sent my father there to by his F3. I am sorry you have had a bad experience. I too have had to learn the hard way........when I need a service tech, I am the best option. The only machine I work on and care about is spyders. I don't do cars, trucks, 4 wheelers, jet skis, dirt bikes, etc. There is much less confusion that way.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Its very simple. Safety RECALLS are filed with the NHTSA and letters are sent to all known owners. BRP has to provide documentation to the NHTSA of the completion of the recall for every VIN involved.

Warranty campaigns (fix all bikes) and tech service bulletins (fix for a bike with problems presented) are sent to ALL dealers. Yes, even the ones that claim they did not know. They did not know only because they did not open the dealer software link and READ them. They were sent.

All of this is no different than any other vehicle manufacture.

I still do not know what all the fuss is about. What 'problem' has BRP not addressed on the F3? Its a fine running machine and one of the most reliable bikes BRP has ever produced. All this scuttlebut does noting but drive down resale values of the bikes when there is nothing wrong with them.

With the 2013 RT debacle, yes, BRP did delay, deny and avoid repairs until the NHTSA held their feet to the fire and forced the issue. I have seen NO evidence of this happening again. In fact BRP has been very proactive in repairing things most of us did not even know were problems or complained about.
    jcthorne thank you for above info this will help us newbies understand the procedures, I now know what is expected from my dealer and await their response to my email reference brake cable.
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra

Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I have to say that I have had "issues" when dealing with DDS. Such as telling them "I have a 2012 RS-S" and getting the response; "Is that a Kawasaki". But I have to say that I do not share your opinion of Ingles Performance. Granted I am the warranty on my machine, and have made it my business to educate myself on all the maintenance, repair work, and service bulletins. When I call there looking for a part or some form of assistance they are always spot on, and very helpful. Otherwise I wouldn't have sent my father there to by his F3. I am sorry you have had a bad experience. I too have had to learn the hard way........when I need a service tech, I am the best option. The only machine I work on and care about is spyders. I don't do cars, trucks, 4 wheelers, jet skis, dirt bikes, etc. There is much less confusion that way.

Just sayin'............

Otter
    I have not had any bad experiences with ingles. They have treated well and I would go back.
    I didn't like Mikes response on the 13 heat issues. That there wouldn't be a problem being the area we live in.
    He has 13 rts there now that have not been fixed. I also do my own maintenance. I am ny certified inspector for motorcycles, heavy duty, and light duty
    I also would recommend somebody to go there. Some times answers are not well thought out.
    Will be there for spring and fall ride ins.

sorry u took the wrong way

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The document for the chassis fix clearly says "all involved customers must be notified"

this is seems to be where the system falls down -is BRP aware that this clear instruction does not seem to be followed? What will/can they do about this situation?

i have not heard of anyone who has been notified. Seems to be that we read it on spyder lovers and then go and tell our dealers all about it. Without the tsb number, we'd get nowhere, so big THANKS to all who post the details.

still, the system is poor, as owners who do not haunt forums or Facebook May never be made aware.

in oz, letters are sent re safety recalls, as they are legally obligated to do so, but no letters for warranty fixes or tsb's. So it all comes down to the dealer to notify, and it is clearly the case that not all dealers are equal...

I've often thought that the difference between a fabulous or an abyssmal spyder experience is the dealer! I would add that spyder lovers info and help is of equal importance. As are riding groups.

Spyder Garage

Default Poor me

I've had a 2012 RT Ltd, 2014 RT Ltd, and currently have a 2015 F3s. Not a single problem of any type. Soon be getting a 2016 F3T special series and I am willing to wager there will be no problems with it.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Is my 2015 F3 sm6 affected by this Brake thing-anyone have the reference because I,m having the Chassis brace put on today?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Richardv

Quote Originally Posted by Richardv View Post
    Hi,

Just look-up the BRP customer care phone number, call-in and open a case with them.

Easy, quick and very efficient. Try it, you will love it. Problem resolved.

Richard ��
    Thanks Richardv took your advice upon board and below is a copy of reply from BRP.(Gave BRP my VIN number)
    Good day Darren,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

In response to your request, there are no safety recalls or warranty campaigns on your unit.

Should you have any other questions or comments, do not hesitate to reach us by replying to this email or call us at T + 888.272.9222.

Once again, thank you for contacting BRP.

Matthew Bourque
    Customer Service Representative

ref:_00D301Fh2R._500a016oQwU:ref
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra

Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela

Spyder Garage

Default Check

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Is my 2015 F3 sm6 affected by this Brake thing-anyone have the reference because I,m having the Chassis brace put on today?
    After taking advice upon board from SL, I sent an email to BRP care with my VIN number because on the European BRP website there is no facility to input your VIN number like there is on USA BRP website to check if there are any campaigns/recalls. You will see BRP reponse to myself above. I did email my dealer at same time and got the reply below.
    hi Darren i have checked your f3 there is not a recall left to do on your bike .It does not have a recall on the brake line .
    thank you
    Russell c/o 158 performance

Emails were sent yesterday and replies received today.
    On USA BRP website it's great that you can check for any campaigns/recalls by in putting your VIN number, it's just unfortunate it doesn't work for European spyders and there is no facility to check on BRP European website.
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra

Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela

Spyder Garage

Default Reply from BRP

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    The document for the chassis fix clearly says "all involved customers must be notified"

this is seems to be where the system falls down -is BRP aware that this clear instruction does not seem to be followed? What will/can they do about this situation?

i have not heard of anyone who has been notified. Seems to be that we read it on spyder lovers and then go and tell our dealers all about it. Without the tsb number, we'd get nowhere, so big THANKS to all who post the details.

still, the system is poor, as owners who do not haunt forums or Facebook May never be made aware.

in oz, letters are sent re safety recalls, as they are legally obligated to do so, but no letters for warranty fixes or tsb's. So it all comes down to the dealer to notify, and it is clearly the case that not all dealers are equal...

I've often thought that the difference between a fabulous or an abyssmal spyder experience is the dealer! I would add that spyder lovers info and help is of equal importance. As are riding groups.
    Email sent from myself to BRP about communication of campaigns/recalls yesterday, today I received the reply below.

Good day Darren,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

In response to your request, normally, if it's a licensed BRP dealership that you deal with, they would contact their customers if there are any safety recalls.

Should you have any other questions or comments, do not hesitate to reach us by replying to this email or call us at T + 888.272.9222.

Once again, thank you for contacting BRP.

Matthew Bourque
    Customer Service Representative

ref:_00D301Fh2R._500a016oQwU:ref
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra

Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    It almost like if they admit there is a problem it makes them look like they were taken.

Mark
    No, not at all.

Some of us just get on with life and look at things that really matter.

After all, if you can pay $20,000 for a toy and have to shell out $220 for a shock to stop it bottoming two-up that is hardly a serious issue. It's not a manufacturing defect...any more than the fact that the seats are too soft for long term comfort and we had to shell out $700+ for a new seat.

Or the genuine windscreen doesn't work very well for riders over 5'2" - we got a Madstad instead. It's not perfect either, so we have to fork out for a wider screen, and so on.

Taken? Not at all. It's all part of the fun.

If you're not having fun maybe look for another hobby, or screw that throttle on a little harder. ;-)