Spyder Garage

Default 2013 se5 clutch chatter.

I have a 2013 rt se5 with 15000 miles on it. When it's cold starting out in 1st gear the clutch chatters a lot. once it's warmed up it is ok. I have the proper canam oil and filters with around 1000 miles on them. Am I going to have big trouble or should I live it. My dealer is useless with free advice. Any help or advice ?

Thank you
    Ron

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ronpoust View Post
    I have a 2013 rt se5 with 15000 miles on it. When it's cold starting out in 1st gear the clutch chatters a lot. once it's warmed up it is ok. I have the proper canam oil and filters with around 1000 miles on them. Am I going to have big trouble or should I live it. My dealer is useless with free advice. Any help or advice ?

Thank you
    Ron
    Normal. BRP changed the clutch friction material for the 2013 model year. Longer life was the reason given. Side effect is shudder when cold. My ST does the same thing.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SHUTTER

Thanks for the answer. I also have a 13 RTL and have the same problem. Now I know it is suppose to be normal. I also take the step of warming up the engine before riding.

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Normal. BRP changed the clutch friction material for the 2013 model year. Longer life was the reason given. Side effect is shudder when cold. My ST does the same thing.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The service bulletin discussing this is in this thread. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ghlight=clutch

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...

But it is a side effect from the change. Warming it up will help. Start her up before you get ready to ryde and by the time your ready to ryde it will be warmed up.....unless you ryde in shorts and toe sandals...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Same here. I in my experience is normal.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Feel better now

Quote Originally Posted by ronpoust View Post

Thank you
    Ron

Thank everybody for the help, you guyes are the Best.

Ron Poust.