Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Shipping Nightmare

While in Florida for the winter I purchased a 2015 SpyderRT. I decided to ship it back to New York so I could enjoy it for the summer months. I called numerous shippers and I decided on ID Transport. A 50% deposit was sent on 2/27/16 to reserve a spot. The dimensions of the Spyder was given at this time. On 3/29/16 I was told that he would be able to pick up the Spyder in 12 to 15 days. On 4/4/16 I was told the Spyder would be picked up on4/13/16. My wife and I made all of our departure preparations. The house was secured and our vehicle was packed to be ready to go after the Spyder was loaded. On 4/13/16 we received a phone call. There was something wrong with the trailer and the Spyder could not be picked up until the next day. On 4/14/16 I received a call from the transport tdriver. He told me that he had a bike to pick up in Leesburg and he would be in my area at 5:30 PM. At 6:00PM he called back. There was a problem. The bike he picked up in Leesburg was a custom chopper that was larger than anticipated and there was not enough room for my Spyder. He told me that my Spyder could bepicked up on the next load in two weeks and I would receive a $100.00 refund for any inconvenience. I "graciously" declined their "genenerous" offer and I have terminated our business relationship. A slick web site and a long list of positive reviews is not always the true measure of a company owner's integrity.

Spyder Garage

Default Shipping....

I can tell you stories... did this three time, company was paying, and have since given up. I now rent my own trucks and trailers and do all the moves myself. It is the only way to know when where and how long a move will take. Sorry they put you through this but at least they did pick it up and then give you the stories to where your season is done and still no ryde....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's too bad. I suppose all of the shippers are swamped with the snowbirds heading back north.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I guess it goes both ways. I've had 2 bikes shipped and both went smooth. Though they did nearly drop my Honda Valkyrie Tour off the back of the lift gate. That was definitely a cringe worthy sight!

But no harm, not foul, and I was a happy camper.

Then there was the time that, to get my Suzuki M109R in the back of the new Ford F-250 4x4 I just purchased, the dealership lifted me up on a standard automotive 'H' lift and I rode it from the center of that lift across one of the arms into the bed of my truck. It was a large Ford dealership and the whole mechanics section came over to see that!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I had a similar experience, trying to get my 2013 ST L from Utah to So. Oregon. After the same type of run around that you got, I said F*** it and went and got it myself. I will avoid the trucking industry if at all possible in the future.
    2013 ST L , Black Current

Spyder Garage

I am in the transportation business and would only use a top carrier to move my bike or spyder if i was going to do it, and thats coming from a cheap ass lol. North American had a bike moving service i believe. I can get you a number if you want to PM, im sure it wont be as cheap as who you tried. If you want a number PM me.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Default Don't Rule Out Moving Companies

Stories like that are typical when shipping a bike. It doesn't necessarily mean that you hired a bad company. A lot of times the "excuses" are genuine. Sometimes the easiest way to ship a bike or a Spyder is with one of the major furniture van lines. Then you can drive it to one of their agents and and not have to worry about scheduling a pick-up. You can also have it delivered to the destination agent, if you want, and pick it up there at your convenience. Just make sure you have them document any existing damage on a vehicle inventory and that they give you a copy of that. Then pay a little extra for "valuation" so you can file a claim, if need be, and receive full compensation for any damage. Once they get your Spyder loaded they will cover it with furniture pads, and even build decking over top of it, if they need the space. It's a fairly safe way to transport a Spyder.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat